Candy from your childhood that they no longer make

I always loved Chunky Bars. Also the big chewy sweet tarts that came in a package of three or four.

So it looks like most of the candy we remember are still around. I actually thought that Hubba Bubba wasn't made anymore, but it looks like it still is. Anyone remember the commercial for it? Every time I saw that one guy on another commercial, I always said it was the Hubba Bubba guy!

If I recall you are in NH (on my phone so I can't tell) but if you are ever at the Steeplegate Mall check out the candy store there. You can get both of those there.

Seriously??

I never go to the Steeplegate Mall, but I think I'll have to plan a trip!!

Thank you!

For me: rock candy, those little bags made of cheesecloth that contained gold nuggets, which were bubble gum, gum balls which were sour grape & sour apple. Bazooka bubble gum, the orginal. The Bazooka bubble gum that is available now does not taste the same! I used to collect the little comics that came in each piece of Bazooka bubble gum for the prizes! You got a fortune in them too.

TC :cool1:

I love Ice Cubes. Little choc squares that somehow feel cold in your mouth. Maybe once every five years I'll see them at the register in 7-Eleven.

Marathon bars. Boy do I miss those. I'm sure my butt doesn't but I sure do!

:rotfl2: Loved those things! But I sure made a mess eating them. The chocolate would break as you stretched the caramel out, and go all over the place.

There is one chocolate bar I used to eat, but I can't even remember the name. It was similar to the Hershey Air Delights, but didn't taste the same at all. I think it was a bar that had separate chunks and I would eat it a section at a time...

Bub's Daddy Rope Gum was a good one from childhood.

...a few discontinued bars I miss are Bar None and Nestle Alpine White :sad1:

You can get the Marathon Bar (Curly Wurly)- Bag of 20 bars from amazon for $14.86 + free shipping. Much cheaper than buying them in Epcot. haha

I get them once a year and put them away for when i get a craving. lol My kids love them now too. They were my all time favorite candy bar. :thumbsup2

Ok. But what do I eat the next day?? :rotfl:

I used to love Valomilk. I did a search for it and it looks like they are still made but I haven't seen them in years.

For me its the chocolate cigarettes. I'm pretty sure the paper they were wrapped in made it look like the real thing. I think parents would have heart attacks after seeing kids with that candy now. Anyone remember those from about 20(?) years ago..

What do you miss?

I dont know about chocolate ones -- but you can still buy the white (vanilla) candy sticks at local gas stations down here. Some still come in the cigarette box design

I remember the fake cigarettes that were gum. They were a slim cylinder of gum that was covered in powdered sugar and then wrapped on paper around the edge. You could blow on it and the sugar would come out and look like puffs of smoke.

I can't imagine those being for sale now. I would be mortified if dd asked for those today!!!!

Does anyone else remember those?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have 3 that I loved

1st
Oompas, now discontinued, were candy produced under the Willy Wonka brand name.

The candy produced in the late 1970s/early 1980s were similar to today's peanut butter M&M's though bigger. Under the candy coating was a candy disk of one-half peanut butter, and one half chocolate. For a time, they were available in a chocolate and strawberry (instead of peanut butter) variety.

Dynamints I only liked the pack with Red Orange and Purple

and Chocolate covered marshmallow Christmas trees that were decorated with sprinkle ornaments and were the size of a regular candy bar (we always got one in our stocking)

the runner up is the Halloween candy by Brachs called BroomSticks but Banana Laffy Taffy is pretty much the same thing just harder

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter