Cancelling for Medical Emergency but Summer Fares 50% Higher – Any Hope?

GrnMtnMan

DIS Veteran
Does RCCL ever provide a courtesy fare adjustment in emergencies?

My family was due to board the Wonder of the Seas next Sunday, June 11. But my wife has had a medical emergency, and we won’t be able to travel for a few weeks. She went the to the ER last night and she’ll be hospitalized for a bit of this week.

We’d like to simply shift our cruise by a few weeks, but the fares for those sailings are now $5,000-$10,000 more expensive than our current one, which we booked Fall 2022.

We have travel insurance, but even though it covers 100% of qualified cancellations, that’s not enough to get us on a sailing a month later.

Any chance that RCCL will extend us a courtesy and allow us to just shift the already paid-in-full-fare that was-the-most-expensive-sailing-at-the-time-we-booked-it to another sailing.

And or trip is being handled by a Dream Unlimited travel agent, so I’m hoping she might be able to work some magic too.

Thanks!

Is there a chance? Sure. I'd put it at about 1-5% chance of Royal moving you with no extra money. You won't know until you ask, and since you booked through a TA, they need to be the one to ask.

I would get it into your mind that you'll need to take advantage of the refund from your insurance and use that money toward a shorter cruise or other vacation if you want to take one this year.

Is there a chance? Sure. I'd put it at about 1-5% chance of Royal moving you with no extra money. You won't know until you ask, and since you booked through a TA, they need to be the one to ask.

I would get it into your mind that you'll need to take advantage of the refund from your insurance and use that money toward a shorter cruise or other vacation if you want to take one this year.
Thanks. That’s where we are.

We may end up back on Disney Cruise because their pricing on the Fantasy in later July is cheaper than Royal on the Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter