Canada to announce new travel restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolynleanne

Canadian Disney mom
I hope they clarify the essential/non-essential descriptions a little better. Other countries have much more clear guidelines as to what constitutes essential travel where Canada has left it vague.

I don’t know but I think they need to stop thinking about and debating and just do it. This has been going on for a year now. Just do it already ..
I know it’s a right to travel but it feels like instead of just saying no they keep coming up with more and more hoops.
My ex came up end of august and quarantined in a hotel for 14 days. The hotel he quarantined at gave him a really good deal . Who knows what an official hotel will cost ? At this point no idea when the kids will see their dad again. As much as I dislike him. I feel for the kiddos.

All of us in the Travel Agent world are making our guesses what it's going to be... I mean, you already have quarantine and negative test here, and quarantine and negative test there. Our guess? The Canadian quarantine will have to take place in a specific location - aka NOT your own home, and YOU will have to pay for it.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/01/26/feds-warn-travel-restrictions-covid-19-variant/

I don’t know but I think they need to stop thinking about and debating and just do it. This has been going on for a year now. Just do it already ..
I know it’s a right to travel but it feels like instead of just saying no they keep coming up with more and more hoops.
My ex came up end of august and quarantined in a hotel for 14 days. The hotel he quarantined at gave him a really good deal . Who knows what an official hotel will cost ? At this point no idea when the kids will see their dad again. As much as I dislike him. I feel for the kiddos.
That's so hard :(

Sorry your children are being affected like this!

They should just reinstate Visa requirements. That way the government can decide who is arriving in our country from abroad. With regards to Canadians travelling for vacation they should have something better for quarantine setup then what they thought of so far. The testing is essentially non-sense.

When they quarantined those Canadian passengers returning from the Princess Cruise ship at CFB Trenton at the beginning, it worked. Don’t see why they do not have the common sense to do something similar for the limited number who are travelling “essentially”.

Of course, if they continue to allow unlimited non-essential travel/vacations to happen, they would never have enough space to quarantine everyone, and it would never be manageable.

I can't imagine this is good news for WestJet/Air Canada. I keep getting offers for cheap flights and deals if I book by x date. But they are businesses that are trying to survive. We might actually see a day where we are paying them to ground their planes.

I really wish that the Canadian government would stop focussing on travel and worry about the LTC homes and speeding up vaccine rollout. The cases coming in from travel have remained the same and not grown the for the whole duration of the pandemic. If they were just more strict about the quarantine after travel for those that do, then there would be no spread from travel. The whole world is dealing with this pandemic, we should all be working together on a solution and not each country for itself.

I really wish that the Canadian government would stop focussing on travel and worry about the LTC homes and speeding up vaccine rollout. The cases coming in from travel have remained the same and not grown the for the whole duration of the pandemic. If they were just more strict about the quarantine after travel for those that do, then there would be no spread from travel. The whole world is dealing with this pandemic, we should all be working together on a solution and not each country for itself.

The long term care homes fall under provincial jurisdiction so the federal government can’t do much there.

But the two are related. The long term care home in Barrie (I think that could be wrong city). Almost all residents are positive and people have died. It’s been found that it’s the UK variant and was brought in by a worker who was in contact with someone who had been in the UK. So this shows how things like travel can have a huge impact on the vulnerable.

The long term care homes fall under provincial jurisdiction so the federal government can’t do much there.

But the two are related. The long term care home in Barrie (I think that could be wrong city). Almost all residents are positive and people have died. It’s been found that it’s the UK variant and was brought in by a worker who was in contact with someone who had been in the UK. So this shows how things like travel can have a huge impact on the vulnerable.

From what I read, the person who travelled from the UK was quarantining in the same house as the person who worked in the long term care home.

I'm all for more restrictions if they make sense. Does it make sense to hurt or economy more when travellers are not the ones driving the infections? Trudeau said it himself. Hotel quarantine makes no sense for a country like Canada. We depend on the import of food and other goods, which is often transported by commercial jet. Australia is a self-sufficient country. Travel is down 93 percent since the new restrictions were put in place. People are listening and canceling travel. If we reduce flights even more I expect the price of food and other good will continue to sky rocket. The government should setup mandatory testing at all airports. Why is Canada not able to do this when other modern countries around the world have been doing this for months? We can also increase surveillance and calls to people in quarantine. Anyhow, just my two cents.

I'm all for more restrictions if they make sense. Does it make sense to hurt or economy more when travellers are not the ones driving the infections? Trudeau said it himself. Hotel quarantine makes no sense for a country like Canada. We depend on the import of food and other goods, which is often transported by commercial jet. Australia is a self-sufficient country. Travel is down 93 percent since the new restrictions were put in place. People are listening and canceling travel. If we reduce flights even more I expect the price of food and other good will continue to sky rocket. The government should setup mandatory testing at all airports. Why is Canada not able to do this when other modern countries around the world have been doing this for months? We can also increase surveillance and calls to people in quarantine. Anyhow, just my two cents.

Travel is making things worse. That long term care home in Barrie? How many people have to die in cases connected to someone who travelled before you accept that it does have an affect? Or do you not count those deaths because the people are elderly?

In case you were wondering 46 people have already died due to that one outbreak.

Last edited:
Travel is making things worse. That long term care home in Barrie? How many people have to die in cases connected to someone who travelled before you accept that it does have an affect? Or do you not count those deaths because the people are elderly?

In case you were wondering 46 people have already died due to that one outbreak.

The poster did not say that at all about not caring about the elderly. It isn't fair that you would accuse them of that from their post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter