Cake Bake Shop at the BoardWalk opening in 2024

As of 3/7/2024.... Not much progress since the Feb pictures earlier. But it says 'Coming Soon', so it has to be "SOON"!

View attachment 841411

The progress from January 2024 to now is barely noticeable. They added some Tyvek and some windows. There is no way this place is opening this year unless they hire more workers. Of all the times I’ve walked past this place, I’ve never seen/heard more than 2 or 3 workers at a time.

View attachment 842242

Cake Bake 03-15-24. Beautiful shade of purple with the right lighting.
You’re saying we’ve just been viewing it in the wrong light- so maybe this is the finished product!

We’re introducing the latest in modern minimalist design. This unique design showcases a lovely purple that evokes a playful energy while ultimately reminding the diner to truly appreciate the various stages of building a restaurant.

They could be doing some interior work that requires inspections. As someone who had their house built in Florida, inspections will definitely cause issues with the timeline. They are in no hurry whatsoever to come to the site, and you can’t always just do something else until they are done.

They could be doing some interior work that requires inspections. As someone who had their house built in Florida, inspections will definitely cause issues with the timeline. They are in no hurry whatsoever to come to the site, and you can’t always just do something else until they are done.
Understood. But the rate they're moving, there's a whole bunch more inspecting going on than progress. At a more normal pace, this project should have realistically been done last year at the latest.

I mean… I’m going to say it again… the Boardwalk can’t finish refurbing an outdoor stand into Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs…. It’s a hotdog stand. Disney should be able to accomplish that in a week. Non-Disney venues… a month. We are far passed that. I really don’t understand what is going on over there with food and beverage.

The progress from January 2024 to now is barely noticeable. They added some Tyvek and some windows. There is no way this place is opening this year unless they hire more workers. Of all the times I’ve walked past this place, I’ve never seen/heard more than 2 or 3 workers at a time.
the windows and wrap is a 1 day max 2 day job even if there are 2-3 guys only.

My daughter was at the Carmel shop on the 17th, she asked about the WDW location. Sounds like it won’t be open till 2025, they really didn’t give her an explanation as why. CBS is opening up a huge production facility in FL so they may be focusing on that.

Sounds like it won’t be open till 2025, they really didn’t give her an explanation as why.

That is almost a certainty at this point. I’m surprised Disney didn’t write in a deadline for opening into the lease. The boardwalk area is prime real estate, how can so much of it sit vacant or underutilized (sorry Boardwalk ice cream, you suck compared to Ample Hills) for so long?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter