Buzz's Brigade 2009 - Moving to Infinity and Beyond!!!

Hey team!!!!!!!

So like the GOOF that I am I forgot to count my walking Miles in my totals. Duh!!! :goofy:

Hope everyone is doing great out there and keeping hydrated!!!

I'm sore today after only a couple mile walk yesterday, but I'm thinking it's the 6+ I did on Saturday. The whole 2 day lag thing.

Lets keep moving Buzzies and moving towards whatever goals you may have!

Hee hee hee - I wonder if you'll go into another dimension, like a through a worm hole or something?

Congrats on the speed, that is really flying.
Duane

That would be fun.......I was thinking more of my wheel falling off again!

I went training today with a fellow cranker and it was great, he's going to MCM too. :banana: He kicked my butt going up the hills, but I was faster on the strights.
Thanks to him I finally made the Boston Q time!!!!!!:cheer2: Now if I can just do that in a race!!

I finally got round to booking the hotel for MCM.:cool1:

It was so hard trying to decide if we should be near the start / end to avoid having to get my chair on the metro, or to be in DC so that we can walk to all the attractions! Got to go and see DD future home.:rotfl:

In the end we booked the ritz-carlton in pentogen city, near the start. We thought that getting my day chair on the metro would be a lot easier than the raceing one!!

On the way home we are thinking of going to dollywood for the day, has anyone been??

Well I now know what happens at 30mph.......the back wheels start to lift off the ground, you somersault sideways 1 and 1/2 times, black out and then come too when you still in the chair have landed and are sliding down the hill to a stop!!!!!!

I'm banged up pritty good, nothing broken though, except my chair.
My DH needs to strip it down and put a laser guide on it to see if the frame is still sound, if it is then we can replace the entire crank system, back wheels ect, but if not then I will be out of the game for a long time, as there is no way we could afford to replace it.

I was lucky as my DH and a friend was right behind me and saw it happen and just behind then was a group of speed cyclists who also stopped to help, while lying on the floor all I keeped asking was how bad was "cranks", I was more worried about my chair than me.

So how is everyone else?????

Holy cow, that must have been scary! I am glad it truned out OK but I bet you have a few bruises!

Hope the chair is OK.
Hang in there,
Duane

Thanks Duane To be honest it was not scary as it happend so fast and as I blacked out I missed knowing about the somersault.

I was out traning with my friend who is also a crank and doing MCM, we where ment to be all going out for breakfast when we had finished, but I had a huge whole in my tights over my *ss and blood over me and DH top so we declined and came home to get patched up......10 different locations!!!!! I know i'm lucky I could have easily broken my neck.....but I did get a new top speed!!!!!!

The Mixer starts here on the 'Ohana thread....

:stitch:'Ohana Monday Mixer :stitch:

I asked a variation of this on team thread, but it makes for a good general prompt. Lots of us are finalizing our late summer/fall/early 2010 race schedules and/or in training for them. So let's talk events. Two questions:

1. What event have you committed to that you're most looking forward to, Disney marathon weekend excluded? And
  2. What are you most looking forward to about Disney marathon weekend, if you are attending? (With sympathy :grouphug: to those who are not.)

My frame is sound :cheer2: :woohoo: :banana:

The whole crank system needs to be replaced, and the back tries have had it too, but the compeny who makes it have said that I can have all the parts for cost. :cool1:

All the parts are custom made so it will be a few weeks to get everything I need, which gives me time to get my neck brace and arm strapping off.

They also told us how to adjust the dampening system for the speeds that I am now doing.
I have to learn how to switch the dampner to full while I'm moving (20 mph+), and back to low when I'm going slow, else I will never be able to turn round a corner!!!

Miles for June:118
Time for June:12.09

Sorry its so low team, but I've beeb spending more time in the gym weight lifting as I need to get ready for those hills!!!!

Hey Buzzies!!

Just Warrior Tracy (the keeper of teams miles and times) stopping by:

Popping in with a end of the month reminder....

1. Please start a new thread for next month.
2. On the first post of the new month, place your teams total miles and times for your team.
3. Post on that thread if the totals include everyone from your team or if you are missing some. I will keep checking that first post until you say you have pretty much everyones numbers.

Thanks so much!!

Then when I have every teams numbers I will update the teams totals thread!!

Thanks in advance for everyones help with this!!

WISHers ROCK!!!

Racey Tracy

Chris, not sure whatever you want I guess, Originally it was decided that each team would start a new thread for each month with the previous months totals placed on the first post so people from other teams could stop by and easily see what your team is doing and not have to go through many posts. Also helps when new members don't have to read through hundreds of posts to get to the current information. Buzzies and the new team Rebels just haven't done it. I just wouldn't want to ask everyone to try and do the same and not ask anything different from one team than another. This is a losely set up kinda thing. I know Debra has pretty much taken things over from Susie and Dave with putting people on teams and such. Other team will post at the last post a link to the new thread and use reminders. Warriors haven't really had many issues with this and I will try to find the ones that get lost.

Other than that I guess you could really do what you want to do, just was using what was discussed at the beginning of this years teams. I will take the numbers how ever I can get them.

Tracy

The mixer starts here on the 'Ohana thread.

:stitch:'Ohana Monday Mixer:stitch:

Ah, it's summer. The 4th of July is right around the corner. Summer always strikes me as the time for family vacations and road trips. And I'm sure many of us who are traveling are either participating in races--and :worship: to those of you doing events in the summer heat--or we're continuing to train. So...these random thoughts made me think about the challenges of traveling for WISHers, whether traveling to an event or for other reasons.

This week's mixer asks you to share your best tips and strategies for traveling. We're interested in all things related to staying active on the road, from packing your gear to what kind of exercise you prioritize while squeezed for time and in unfamiliar territory.

A sampling of possible questions: What are the must-brings? How much to pack? How to pack your gear--tips and mistakes to avoid? How to best deal with bulky shoes and stinky clothes? What kind of XT do you do while away from home--do you have anything you bring with you?? What about your guidelines for running/walking in areas with which you're unfamiliar?

I'll probably ask a race-specific traveling question closer to January, but tips on race packing are always appreciated. And those of you who are on the road frequently, for business or pleasure, your expertise is much appreciated. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter