Buzz's Brigade 2009 - Moving to Infinity and Beyond!!!

goofyinohio

DIS Veteran
:welcome: to the 2009 Buzz's Brigade - Moving to Infinity and Beyond Thread!

And Now Introducing the 2009 Buzz's Brigade!!!!

1. Me - Chris/goofyinohio :goofy:
2. NYcpa - Kathy
3. WDWFAN9 - Pat (Co-Captain)
4. aldisneygrl - Allie
5. MickeyT - Mike
6. Jessily - Jessica
7. jusacuz - Jessica
8. getnthinr - Wendy
9. Caseydilla – Casey
10. Duanerice – Duane
11. dkostel - Donna
12. Sandi321 - Sandi
13. TXAng - Ang
14. frankenpooh - Debbie
15. momof2minnies - Linda
16. jenthemom22 - Jen
17. syko - Kirsite~Louise
18. matty205
19. Millenium Mickey
20. hungrygreenhippo - Lisa
It's here where I will update our Team Roster and our Miles and Minutes for the Challenge each month. If everyone would come in and introduce yourself. (How long you've been with WISH and the Dis, how long you've been walking/running/jogging, what led you to the WISH racing team or even the WISH Boards, what races you've done and what races you have scheduled throughout 2009 through 2010 Marathon Weekend, where you live, etc. Whatever you want.)

A little About the Challenge which starts February 1st-

So what Counts in the Challenge?
Any exercise counts: running, walking, biking, swimming, skiing, cross-training, lifting weights, yoga, Pilates, Surfing, Wii Fit, etc. If it raises your heart rate you can count it! If an activity can be converted into a distance you can do so, if not, it still counts for hours/minutes. Also for anyone that does a race you get to double the Mileage (Not the time.) That's right the more races you do the more miles you get to double.

My thoughts on the Challenge. It's great fun, but please don't stress/worry about the mileage. If you have nothing to report that's OK, but I will check in with you from time to time if you are not posting to make sure you are OK and if you still want to be a part of our team. We all enjoy just talking so if you just want to come in and say how your day is going that's alright too. I do it. :wave2:

Posting your Mileage/Hours -
Please keep track of your mileage and report it monthly. If you want to still post your mileage weekly or heck even daily that's alright too, but please keep a running total for the month however you want. If you want to keep it in your signature or in each post for each month you can do that too.

So lets get Buzzing!!!!!

2009 Buzz's Brigade Monthly Mileage

February
1. Me - Chris/goofyinohio Miles 56 Hours 11.2
2. NYcpa - Kathy
3. WDWFAN9 - Pat (Co-Captain) 16hrs 35 minutes 30.92 miles
4. aldisneygrl - Allie Miles: 81.13 Hours: 20:29:33
5. MickeyT - Mike - Miles 22.9 Time 4:41
6. Jessily - Jessica - Hours: 13.2 Miles: 43
7. jusacuz - Jessica
8. getnthinr - Wendy
9. Caseydilla – Casey 189.26 MILES 35 hours 25 minute
10. Duanerice – Duane Running: 61 miles - 595 minutes Bike: 10 miles - 50 minutes Workout: 870 minutes
11. dkostel - Donna 13 miles, 9.5 hrs strenght training, 4 hours other misc cardio
12. Sandi321 - Sandi
13. TXAng - Ang
14. frankenpooh - Debbie 48.6 miles, 11 hours 20 min
15. momof2minnies - Linda
16. jenthemom22 - Jen
17. syko - Kirsite~Louise Miles for Feb: 208 Hours for Feb: 22:40
18. matty205
19. Millenium Mickey Miles - 66.53 Time - 1,520 minutes
20. hungrygreenhippo - Lisa 79.4 miles 1055 minutes

Team Miles for February - 201:40 Hours, 909:54 Miles

March
1. Me - Chris/goofyinohio Miles 65 Hours 14.2
2. NYcpa - Kathy
3. WDWFAN9 - Pat (Co-Captain) 16 hrs 2 minutes, 54.79 miles
4. aldisneygrl - Allie - Miles: 61.12, Hours: 18:58:54
5. MickeyT - Mike - Miles 35.1, Time 6:38
6. Jessily - Jessica - Time: 30:40, Miles: 126.4
7. jusacuz - Jessica - 1.5 hours,
8. getnthinr - Wendy
9. Caseydilla – Casey miles = 211 miles, 31 hours 40 minutes
10. Duanerice – Duane 92.7 miles running - 480 minutes, 15 miles bike - 75 minutes, Cross-train 625 minutes, Total 107.7 miles, 1180 minutes
11. dkostel - Donna
12. Sandi321 - Sandi Miles 19, Hours 25
13. TXAng - Ang
14. frankenpooh - MAR. MILES = 58.6; HOURS = 15, MINUTES = 46
15. momof2minnies -
16. jenthemom22 -
17. syko - Kirsite~Louise Miles for March: 251, Time for March: 23:36
18. matty205
19. Millenium Mickey March: 71.25 miles, 1220 minutes
20. hungrygreenhippo - Miles: 82.8, Time: 14 hours and 3 minutes

Team Miles for March - 237:55 Hours, 1144.06 Miles

April
1. Me - Chris/goofyinohio Miles 45 Hours 9.2
2. NYcpa - Kathy
3. WDWFAN9 - Pat (Co-Captain) 622 minutes 37.88 miles
4. aldisneygrl - Allie - Miles: 83.27, Hours: 19:54:20
5. MickeyT - Mike - Miles 37.5, Time 307 minutes
6. Jessily - Jessica -
7. jusacuz - Jessica - miles 18.37, time 3 hrs, 50 min
8. getnthinr - Wendy
9. Caseydilla – Casey miles = 223.73 miles, 32 hours 55 minutes
10. Duanerice – Duane Running: 64 miles 680 minutes, Cross train: 480 minutes
11. dkostel - Donna
12. Sandi321 - Sandi
13. TXAng - Ang
14. frankenpooh - Miles = 45.1, Time = 12 hours, 54 minutes
15. momof2minnies -
16. jenthemom22 -
17. syko - Kirsite~Louise Miles Miles for April: 124., Time: 12:57.
18. matty205
19. Millenium Mickey April: 63.20 miles, 1280 minutes
20. hungrygreenhippo - Miles: 162, Minutes: 1327 (22 hours and 7 minutes)

Team Miles for April - 176:37 Hours, 904.05 Miles

May
1. Me - Chris/goofyinohio Miles 50 Hours 8.5
2. NYcpa - Kathy
3. WDWFAN9 - Pat (Co-Captain) 79.93 miles, 1082 minutes
4. aldisneygrl - Allie -
5. MickeyT - Mike - Miles 31.3, Time 8:52
6. Jessily - Jessica -
7. jusacuz - Jessica - Miles for May: 20.63, Time: 4:45
8. getnthinr - Wendy
9. Caseydilla – Casey Miles: 210.02, Time: 31 hours 58 minutes
10. Duanerice – Duane Miles: 89 (almost 50/50 running and biking), Minutes: 1215 (includes cross training)
11. dkostel - Donna
12. Sandi321 - Sandi
13. TXAng - Ang
14. frankenpooh - May Miles = 65, Hours = 20
15. momof2minnies -
16. jenthemom22 -
17. syko - Kirsite~Louise Miles Miles for May: 170, Hours for May: 17:96
18. matty205
19. Millenium Mickey 151 miles (running + biking), 1,975 minutes
20. hungrygreenhippo - Miles: 134.27, Time: 15 hours 46 minutes

Team Miles for May - 179:07 Hours, 1001.15 Miles

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

Hello Everyone my name is Chris/goofyinohio.

Here is the long version of my journey....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1490527

Here is the short.

I started with Dis almost 3 years ago and started on the WISH boards not long after that. In February of 2006 I was Obese at 296 pounds and these boards helped me hold myself accountable for the weight loss. I joined the I want to be under 200 lbs thread and off I went. After losing about 100 lbs I started Running in June of 2007 and haven't stopped since.

Races I have done - A few 5k's, 2007 TOT 13k, 08/09 Flying Feather 4 milers, 2008 Flying Pig Half Marathon, 2008 WDW Marathon, 2008 Disneyland 1/2, 2008 Columbus 1/2 and in 2009 The Goofy Challenge.

This year I hope to do a half in Columbus in May and October, the Disneyland 1/2 again, and hopefully the Race for the Taste 10k in October. Oh yeah and I'm going for Goofy again in 2010. :goofy:

So that's it from me for now...........What about you?

I'm here marking my spot! ;)

:welcome: to the new Buzzies and :welcome: Back to the already seasoned Buzzies! :grouphug: :cheer2:

Ok, I could have sworn that I did a formal intro on the other Buzz thread, but couldn't find it. Yeah, I'm lazy and just wanted to cut and paste it.;) So here it goes:

Hi! My name is Allie! I am a stay at home mom from AL. I do work part time at my church's preschool. I help kids go potty and help them do crafts, etc. I just LOVE my job. The kids crack me up! :rotfl2: I have a husband of almost 20 years (it will be in May) and two kids, DS (15 almost 16 :scared1: ) and DD (10). I also have two dogs, Trixie (jack russell mix) and Shadow (border collie/whoknowswhat? mix), and two aquariums of fish.

I found the WISH side of the boards AFTER the 2008 Marathon Weekend. I had dabbled a little before then, but after having all the support from that weekend, and Space Ranger John taking mine and my daughter's pic. at the finish line of the 5K. I was HOOKED! We went down for the 5K in honor of my 40th birthday last year. We did the POP Meet, and fell in LOVE with the WISH team! :love:

I started running in August of 2007. I NEVER thought I would ever be a runner. :sad2: Once, I found out I was going to Disney, I started running more. I just love the RUSH from the races. I had a knee injury in Oct. and that kind of sidelined me through the holidays, but my daughter (9 at the time) and I finished the 5K and had a glorious time. It is a memory that we will both have for a lifetime.

After I got back from Marathon Weekend, I read about the team challenge, and knew I had to get on board to keep myself going. I have LOVED being a part of the team and a member of the WISH team. I wear my hat and shirt proudly! :cool2:

I ran my first 10K last Memorial Day, and plan to do it again this year. I am in the beginning stages of training for the Country Music Marathon. I'm waiting until the 10th before I register. Plus I want to make sure that my hip and knee are up for it. They have started giving me a little pain lately. My ortho dr. said I have the beginnings of arthritis, so that may be what's bothering me. Anyway, I hope to do the Country Music Half Marathon.

Oh, and I like to talk, can ya' tell? ;) :rotfl2:

Can't wait to get to know our new Buzzies!

Hi Buzzies, I am a little techie challenged, but my bio is in the Welcome to Wish sticky! Quick version - I found this section of the DIS in Jan 2005, just after the team had returned from their first experience at the WDW half. Their excitement was contagious and the next thing I knew I had registered for Jan 2006's half. Yikes! I am a totally unathletic person but motivated by an additional trip to my happiest place on Earth really got me moving. And the support of the WISH team made a world of difference! Little did I know what a life-changing experience this would be!! I am on a 50 state quest - well technically make that 25 state (see www.half2run.com) I'm doing half the distance (half marathons) in half the states (25) BUT I am having all the fun!! So far I have crossed 12 states off my list! And, it has been a blast!!

WOOHOO! The Buzzies are back in business!:dogdance:
Want to say :welcome: to all our new members and hello to everyone.

I joined the Buzz Brigade in March of last year as I got this hair brained idea from a running sister of mine to try a half marathon. I was already a Disney/DIS freak so why not combine something that scares the dickens out of you with something you love. Made perfect sense at the time. Well I can't say how many times this board motivated me to go out and do something.

My family went down in January and six of us finished the half. It was a first for both my wife and me. We had a blast. I posted a mini report over on the Race Reports thread if you would like to read.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2048058&page=8

The 'old' teammates know I take (do) chemo every three months. It is a maintenance chemo that I will have to continue taking for the wierd type of lymphoma that I have. Once again, this board motivates me to go do something.

That being said I want to thank Chris again. Chris, I had no idea about your personal journey. Once again. The BIG MO-tavation. Thanks for sharing and keeping up with everything. That is the big thing with the team. We motivate each other.

I haven't signed up for any events in 2009/2010 but training will continue.
But that being said.....

2009 Buzz's Brigade - Moving to Infinity and Beyond

Welcome and welcome back to all the Buzzies!

My name is Jessica. I've been a member of the DIS since 2005, but only ventured into the WISH zone last year, I think.

I don't have any inspiring story to share. Basically, I started running 5 or 6 years ago, but never really seriously. I still am incredibly lazy about training, but admitting it the first step, right? :rotfl:

I have done several local 5k's, Bloomsday in Spokane 3 times, the Seattle half marathon once and then the 2009 Disney half. My hope is to do the full next year and get that Mickey medal.

For the rest of this year, I have planned my usual Bloomsday in May, then I'm looking into the Coeur d'Alene Run America half, the Spokane Half and then I dunno. :confused3:

I have decided that I need to get serious about training this year if I want to make that marathon and be able to walk the next day. Right now it is too cold to run outside, for me. I'm a big baby in cold weather. :sad: I'm working on getting a treadmill for this icky weather.

That's it I guess. I look forward to a great year with all of you! To infinity and beyond!

Hi Buzzies!
I completed the 1/2 marathon this year jogging very slowly most of the route. A year ago at this time I couldn't jog a mile. This was the 3rd half I'd signed up for at WDW, and the first one I actually attended. The other two I trained for a month, at most, then quit. The difference this time was that when my 14 yo niece found out I was going to do this she decided to as well. Not wanting to let her down is what kept me training. I ended up loving it, honestly it was one of the best days of my life. She didn't enjoy it nearly as much & I doubt I'd be able to talk her into another distance race, so I thought I'd join a team. The WISH team was everywhere and so supportive of each other that I thought I'd like to be part of that.
Aside from the DL half I've signed up for the full next year, and I also plan on doing the TOT 13 K and the Muddy Buddy in May (with the niece).

I'm happy to be here, and can't wait to get to know you all.

Donna

Hi everyone!!!!! I have been on the boards since Feb. 05 but did not find the WISH board until Sept.07.
At that time I was exercising to lose weight and I just enjoy it.As I ran and wrote my journal people on here were so inspiring I pushed myself more and more- doing so much more than I thought I had in me.
I talked of signing up for the half for 2009 but people on here talked me into the full.I did the full and I am very proud.I would have liked to have a better time but I did get the medal!!!!!! WOOHOO!

So I join your team to get myself ready for a new year and new journey- Disney 1/2 2010!

Linda

Hi. my name is Kirsite~Louise and I'm a cranker (well I will be when it arrives)!!!!!
I started reading the WISH boards last year when I did the Minnie in my everyday wheelchair.
The ESPN will be my firt race since then and I have signed up for the Princess 5 & 1/2 and the Dopy 2010.

Hi Buzzies! I'm happy that I finally took the plunge and started posting -- it was about time! I discovered the WISH boards in 2006 and have been taught and inspired by the things I've read here. I started out as a walker and have added a little running to increase speed. I usually do a W2/R1 ratio -- I don't really like to run more than one minute at a time!! The two half and one full WDW marathon are the only races I've done, mostly because I've had some injury issues. My training for the 2009 half went really well, though, and I'm encouraged about this year. If race miles count as double .... hmmm.

On the personal side, I'm 42 and work part-time as a school psychologist. I've got a wonderful DH who lets me indulge my Disney addiction and is a runner as well. He had run 8 and 10Ks and decided to try a half marathon after our older son and I ran Disney in 2007. Don't think I ever let him forget that I did it first ;) After running 3 local races, he decided to join me for the 2009 Half. We had so much fun (and both PR'ed!). Now my younger son wants to join the half-marathon club as well -- we will be running together in 2010! Somehow I don't see him going for the W2/R1 method, so either I will PR again or keel over on the course :rotfl: It should be interesting!

-- Debbie

Oh, how do I get a Buzz's Brigade clippie?

Right click over one and save as. upload it to somewhere like photobucket and copy and past the link in your sigy.

Thanks Kirsite~Louise. I've tried getting Buzz in my sig before and finally got it to work.
It's February !st. Let the counting (or lack thereof) begin!:moped:

Alright crew it's time to get this party started. February 1st and off we go. Welcome again to everyone new and old. It's going to be a great 2009 I hope for all of us.

Lets got Buzzies!!!!!!

Is it wrong that I didn't do a workout yesterday so I could double up today when it starts counting?

I have a question - if the WDW sports site doesn't list a % full for a race does that mean anything specific. For example the goofy says 65% full but none of the others say anything. I was wondering if that means below 50%?

Thanks-
Donna

Donna,

Yep you are right. If there isn't anything listed it's below 50%. They start listing it once it gets to 50%.

As for your first question nope not wrong at all. :thumbsup2

Ok, I just got back from my first attempt at XT. I did a 4 mile bike ride. :thumbsup2

Ok, and my DD just informed me that I have sweat circles on my butt! :rotfl2: I must have worked hard then, right?

Alright Buzzies.......To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!

oh, and Chris, I'm gonna "borrow" that cool pic from your siggy. ;) Did you make that? Really COOL!!:cool2:

Ok, I introduced myself back in Post #5.!!

Hi All,

Chris, I forgot all about your background. That is remarkable. I love hearing stories like that.

Mike, you may down play it but Chemo is Chemo. You go guy!

Kirsite~Louise doing the Minnie in your everyday wheelchair is awesome. I am sure you are excited about getting the cranker.

Welcome to everyone, I can't get back to see who posted what so sorry I didn't include everyone. I'll make up for it later.

Little background: I am 51 married with 2 grown children and granddaughter. We live in South Florida and love it here. I am a project manager for the local GE office. My wife has her own Real Estate office and I am a licensed broker also. And we have our cute little Maltese, Zoe.

I started running a bit in December 2006. I had joined Weight Watchers but wasn't losing the weight as I wanted so I thought I'd step up the pace a bit. I joined Dis Boards right about this time and saw all the talk of marathon weekend 2007.

Even though I never ran farther than 4 miles at any given time, I decided to run the half in Jan 08. I didn't sign up just wanted to. The more I ran the more I joked with my wife, "you know I just ran 6 miles for the first time and if I ran a marathon I'd have to go 20 more miles". Little did I know I was talking myself into running a marathon.

Long story short I ran the Disney 2008 marathon as my first. I have since ran a few half's and just completed the Goofy a few weeks ago. i actually did the Dopey by adding the 5K to the weekend.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you for the first time and others just a little better.

I have a 5K planned in a few weeks followed up by a half marathon the first weekend of March. Other than that I'll just play it by ear. We don't have very many races longer than a 5K here in town.

enjoy,
Duane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter