Bunnies and mooses and groupies, Oh my!!! The Wilderness Lodge groupies thread. 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the ducks who live at the pool!

Oh! How could I have forgotten the ducks in the pool! :rotfl:

The only thing that is keeping me from being too sad about the end of my DL trip is my upcoming first trip home for Christmas at WL. :love:

Hey Groupies,

I've been MIA and had a tough time finding the new thread. Hope everyone is having a good summer. August has been all traveling and softball for me. Now that softball is coming to an end and my ADR booking dates are approaching for the December trip I can get back here on the Dis.

I just got home from the Long Island Doorway to Dreams Member event. They got me! I knew we were going to add on at BLT soon so the incentive they were offering ($12 off pp) for 100 point add on worked for us. The BLT party from across the lake just got bigger. VWL will still be our home base but every few years with banking and borrowing we will head across the lake. 10G and all I walked out with was some coloring books and pins...lol...didn't even buy enough points for the Broadway tickets.

A hungry bunny came up to the bush at the pool, one afternoon.

Picture193.jpg

Picture194.jpg

Picture195.jpg

Which surprised me, as the usually hit the road when 2 legs come around.

Monday Morning Triva is a 2 parter

1) Can you name all eleven of the nations represented in World showcase?
(in order, going clockwise around the lagoon)

2) MuppetVision 3-D scavenger Hunt.
On your next trip check out these gags at MV 3-D

The key under the mat
The wanted poster for Fozzie Bear
The Department of Artifical Reality door ("this is not a door")
The SwineTrek spaceship from the classic "Pigs In Space skit from the Muppet show.
The plywood box with fruit cutouts in it. (on the front there is a sight that says "2D fruities". say it fast)
The posters outside the building that parody famous movies.

Happy Monday gang!

Moday Morning Part 1 Trivia Answer

Mexico
Norway
China
Germany
Italy
The American Adventure
Japan
Morrocco
France
United Kingdom
Canada

Moday Morning Part 1 Trivia Answer

Mexico
Norway
China
Germany
Italy
The American Adventure
Japan
Morrocco
France
United Kingdom
Canada

:worship:

Well done! I haven't had any coffee yet so there was no way I was taking a crack at this. Just think tomorrow at this time I'll be getting home from work. :faint: I hope I know what I'm getting myself into. I am so not a morning person!

Welcome back DisneyNutzy! :wave: Did we ever get an update on your father/daughter trip? Maybe I missed it somehow. Would love to hear some tips as I'm taking a mother/son trip next March.

Good Monday Morning Groupies! :wave2:
bzzelady Great job on the countries! :thumbsup2

Good luck tomorrow horselover! I'll drink an extra cup of coffee for you!

Welcome Back blossomz and DisneyNutzy.

Thanks for sharing the photos! They have provided just a little bit of peace to what promises to be a very busy day!

Have we found Maria? Wasn't it she who posted the ducks in the pool photo on our last thread?

I was plotting my way through Food and Wine while I was answering the question :lmao:

We are going for the first weekend of Food and Wine as a surprise weekend in honor of my DH's college graduation. He dearly loves the band that is playing the first weekend (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy) and was bummed that I wouldn't even consider trading my beloved December lodge week for this....I received one of the 40% off passholder discounts back in the spring so I booked 2 nights at the Beach Club and got dirt cheap airfare on AirTran. Since we have tickets, it made it almost as cheap as going to Ocean City for the weekend (which is where he thinks we are going that weekend).

Hey Groupies,

I've been MIA and had a tough time finding the new thread. Hope everyone is having a good summer. August has been all traveling and softball for me. Now that softball is coming to an end and my ADR booking dates are approaching for the December trip I can get back here on the Dis.

I just got home from the Long Island Doorway to Dreams Member event. They got me! I knew we were going to add on at BLT soon so the incentive they were offering ($12 off pp) for 100 point add on worked for us. The BLT party from across the lake just got bigger. VWL will still be our home base but every few years with banking and borrowing we will head across the lake. 10G and all I walked out with was some coloring books and pins...lol...didn't even buy enough points for the Broadway tickets.

Congratulations on your BLT purchase!
Remember, when you go to the other side of the lake, you need to ask the Groupies to visit you!;)

:worship:

Well done! I haven't had any coffee yet so there was no way I was taking a crack at this. Just think tomorrow at this time I'll be getting home from work. :faint: I hope I know what I'm getting myself into. I am so not a morning person!

Welcome back DisneyNutzy! :wave: Did we ever get an update on your father/daughter trip? Maybe I missed it somehow. Would love to hear some tips as I'm taking a mother/son trip next March.

Hi HL,

No, I never did the trip update. I have one last week of softball and I promise I will do a belated report right after this weekend. After Labor Day it will be all Disney planning for the Xmas trip and our first BLT stay. I have been debating all night about calling my guide and changing from 100 to 125 points. We'll probably use them every other years if we have 250 to play with...decisions..:confused3

Good luck tomorrow horselover! I'll drink an extra cup of coffee for you!

Thanks Di I think I'll need it!

I was plotting my way through Food and Wine while I was answering the question :lmao:

We are going for the first weekend of Food and Wine as a surprise weekend in honor of my DH's college graduation. He dearly loves the band that is playing the first weekend (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy) and was bummed that I wouldn't even consider trading my beloved December lodge week for this....I received one of the 40% off passholder discounts back in the spring so I booked 2 nights at the Beach Club and got dirt cheap airfare on AirTran. Since we have tickets, it made it almost as cheap as going to Ocean City for the weekend (which is where he thinks we are going that weekend).

What a wonderful surprise. You are a great mom! :worship: Hope you have a fabulous trip!

Muuska or JT - For the Dec. meet can you refresh my memory? I think we talked about a mid-day meet because that would be best for Stan. Is that correct? Since we're coming up on 90 day ADR time next week I'd like to have an idea of what I should be planning that day. Thanks.

Thanks Di I think I'll need it!

What a wonderful surprise. You are a great mom! :worship: Hope you have a fabulous trip!

Muuska or JT - For the Dec. meet can you refresh my memory? I think we talked about a mid-day meet because that would be best for Stan. Is that correct? Since we're coming up on 90 day ADR time next week I'd like to have an idea of what I should be planning that day. Thanks.

Correct you are.:goodvibes

I have it on the first page after the dates when Groupies visit. If there are any changes, look for them there. But for now:

Tues Dec 8th looks like the best day to get the most groupies. I counted, and it looks as if 9 possible shows would be best case scenario. Look at that as a date and see if that is a good one or not.
It looks like a White Moose (our answer to the White Elephant/Yankee Swap) gift exchange might be a go!
So when you clear some area of your house, save it for the White Moose if you are going to be there in Dec, hopefully around the 8th.
If you have kiddos, they can play too! Just bring a gift for a child and put a "C" on it so the kiddos will know that the gift is for them
:santa:

Hello Groupies!

Just back from a visit to the WL sister lodge -- the Grand Californian!

This was the view from our room and we had an owl who liked to hoot at odd times of the night.

Which made me wonder -- besides the otters, bunnies and snakes, what other animals have you seen and heard at WL?

What a great view! Thanks for the pic!

Hey Groupies,

Glad you found us and congrats on the BLT points!

Eliza - love the bunny pictures!

Hi HL,

No, I never did the trip update. I have one last week of softball and I promise I will do a belated report right after this weekend. After Labor Day it will be all Disney planning for the Xmas trip and our first BLT stay. I have been debating all night about calling my guide and changing from 100 to 125 points. We'll probably use them every other years if we have 250 to play with...decisions..:confused3

I did it. Changed to 125 points. I also had them break it into 2 contracts. 1 for 75 points and the other for 50. Good thing the wifey went back to work ;)

Hey Disneynutzy! Welcome home to BLT...I am excited to plan my first stay there!

Well..week 2 of back to school. It's good to be back in the routine and teaching again!

Hey Disneynutzy! Welcome home to BLT...I am excited to plan my first stay there!

Well..week 2 of back to school. It's good to be back in the routine and teaching again!
Thanks Blossomz! Not sure when our first trip will be but definitely looking forward to it.

I did it - I booked Dec airfare! The kids and I will be at ASM the first night (Dec 3) (never tried a value - should be interesting) and VWL Dec 4-7. :cool1:

:wizard:

I found a couple of new groupies to join us... hope no one minds (they're a little shy, but a lovely couple once you get to know them):
white-moose-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter