Bunnies and mooses and groupies, Oh my!!! The Wilderness Lodge groupies thread. 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we put our times in as arrive to depart date, that way it is longer, right??:lmao:

5 consecutive months!! You lucky guy!!:yay:

Longer looking stays = GREAT! Good point there. :goodvibes

Lucky for now to be sure. Unfortunately due to the point borrowing (and airfare $!) that required, I'm hoping for 5 nights in VGC in mid-Oct. 2010 (8 month Disney park gap) and then waiting 11 months after that until Sept. 2011 for 6 nights in the 'World! (19 months total since last FL trip) :scared1: Be hard to go from so many trips so close together to such a large gap in between... Somehow I'll survive I guess. But in the meantime, I've got my rapid fire trips coming up fast to look forward to! I can't wait!!! :thumbsup2

Wow, it is feast or famine! I prefer the feast myself .....:goodvibes

I think Mr Muush is getting Disney'd out. With our unscheduled time off together (read job loss) I am trying to talk him into going down to the world (there are some great deals on Orlando timeshares now). He said if we go in Dec for 2 weeks, that will be enough.:scared1:

Hi HD thanks for asking. No I didn't get the crossing guard job. I think in the long run it will probably be a good thing. Turns out that particular job had more to it than just being a crossing guard. I would have also had to be a temporary matron if & when the need arose. Guarding angry, drunken prisoners would not be for me!
:scared1:To go from getting kids across the street to guarding prisoners! Wow! Hope you get the other one you applied for.

I can't believe I can do the single digit dance today! :dance3:
I may have a dilemma though. With 9 days to go DH is thinking of backing out in order to save money. It would save us about $750 if he didn't go. I'd still like him to go but I understand why he wants to save the money. It would cause a couple of problems though with our ADR's. I'm not sure what I should do about them. Do I just leave them for 5? I'm afraid if I try to rebook them for 4 that I won't get anything at this late date. If I do leave them will they still charge me for him? The biggest problem is that we have an ADR for CRT. No way I want to touch that one but I know that we will still have to pay for him. If we are on the dining plan can we just pay cash for him?

I may have a dilemma though. With 9 days to go DH is thinking of backing out in order to save money. It would save us about $750 if he didn't go. I'd still like him to go but I understand why he wants to save the money. It would cause a couple of problems though with our ADR's. I'm not sure what I should do about them. Do I just leave them for 5? I'm afraid if I try to rebook them for 4 that I won't get anything at this late date. If I do leave them will they still charge me for him? The biggest problem is that we have an ADR for CRT. No way I want to touch that one but I know that we will still have to pay for him. If we are on the dining plan can we just pay cash for him?
I would leave your ADR's alone. There is only gratuity charged for 6 or more. And they certainly can not charge you for food that was not eaten!! Just act like someone was showing up, and "Oh, I just don't know what happened to them"? :thumbsup2

Wow, it is feast or famine! I prefer the feast myself .....:goodvibes

I think Mr Muush is getting Disney'd out. With our unscheduled time off together (read job loss) I am trying to talk him into going down to the world (there are some great deals on Orlando timeshares now). He said if we go in Dec for 2 weeks, that will be enough.:scared1:

:scratchin Sounds like this might be the PERFECT time for a quick WDW break! A change of pace, break from the routine, a deal on a timeshare... I'll go!;)

:scratchin Sounds like this might be the PERFECT time for a quick WDW break! A change of pace, break from the routine, a deal on a timeshare... I'll go!;)

Girls trip!! Who's in besides Dinks and Muush????:goodvibes

I will hunt you two down if you even think of doing one without me. I'm going to do a drive by on Maria to make sure she's ok. I'll drag her down with me.

All is well here at the JT house. Things have been sorta hectic lately with work, so I havent had as much chance to stay caught up with my other family here on the DIS.

And you tell Mr. Muushka we are gonna be keepin a close :magnify:on him;)

Yeah, where is our Maria???

E, we would never go without you!

DLI I'm sorry. Your DH must be quite a guy though to offer to stay home so the rest of the family can go & enjoy. Hats off to him. :worship: I agree with others I wouldn't change your ADRs.

Me, Me!!! Ok not me, but I wish it was me! :sad2: Considering the fact that both of us are unemployed at the moment I think I'd probably be in trouble for planning a girls trip to the World. :laughing: I sounds great though & I wish I could do it. Another time.

DLI I'm sorry. Your DH must be quite a guy though to offer to stay home so the rest of the family can go & enjoy. Hats off to him. :worship: I agree with others I wouldn't change your ADRs.

Me, Me!!! Ok not me, but I wish it was me! :sad2: Considering the fact that both of us are unemployed at the moment I think I'd probably be in trouble for planning a girls trip to the World. :laughing: I sounds great though & I wish I could do it. Another time.

Then we'll have to make one when skies clear up. I've got too many groupie friends that I insist on meeting sooner or later. I refuse to think otherwise.

Heck, this is the absolute best time to plan a trip. It's sort of like window shopping. You get to plan every thing you would do when you get some cash. Every "Dr. Phil and Oprah" in the country claims we've got to "see it" to believe it. So I'm seeing every body happy, healthy and employed. that's my story and I'm sticking to it. (Yep, unfortunately you guys are stuck with one of those annoyingly positive people. There have been many a days when "the old guy" has wanted to set me on fire just to shut me up. )

I'm no longer unemployed!!! :dance3: I got the crossing guard job in the next town over. It's a 10 min. ride from my house which is perfect & I'm on the school schedule which is fabulous. Summers & school vacations off! Woo hoo! Not a huge amount of hours which is too bad because it pays well but every little bit helps. I do have a lead on another possible position. That job would be 10 flexible hours any time I want. My friend isn't sure when that will be a go, but I do have the inside track so fingers crossed. Also, DH has a phone interview on Friday for a position at a company in our town that he was a temp. contractor at. He was well liked & knows people there so hopefully he has a good shot. A permanent job at a stable company would be ideal instead of a permanent job at a temping company. Fingers crossed on that one too!

Lets start planning that girls trip! :goodvibes

I'm no longer unemployed!!! :dance3: I got the crossing guard job in the next town over. It's a 10 min. ride from my house which is perfect & I'm on the school schedule which is fabulous. Summers & school vacations off! Woo hoo! Not a huge amount of hours which is too bad because it pays well but every little bit helps. I do have a lead on another possible position. That job would be 10 flexible hours any time I want. My friend isn't sure when that will be a go, but I do have the inside track so fingers crossed. Also, DH has a phone interview on Friday for a position at a company in our town that he was a temp. contractor at. He was well liked & knows people there so hopefully he has a good shot. A permanent job at a stable company would be ideal instead of a permanent job at a temping company. Fingers crossed on that one too!

Yeah!!!! So happy for you!!!:cheer2::cheer2::banana::cool1:

horselover - eeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa! :cool1:

Aniversary Guy - fingers are crossed in Ohio (a few prayers, too) :wizard:

I would leave your ADR's alone. There is only gratuity charged for 6 or more. And they certainly can not charge you for food that was not eaten!! Just act like someone was showing up, and "Oh, I just don't know what happened to them"? :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice. He still hasn't decided yet. I think if we could save money by getting someone to dog sit for free and take us to and pick us up from the airport he would go. Still no luck with that though.

Please put us down for our VWL visit 11 Dec - 19 Dec. We are sooo looking forward to this :) CT_Jeff

Welcome!!!! Lucky you getting to go to the lodge at Christmas!!!

:banana::banana::banana: Glad to hear this!

Please put us down for our VWL visit 11 Dec - 19 Dec. We are sooo looking forward to this :) CT_Jeff

Welcome Jeff and Bev! Grab a rocker and make yourself comfy. I will happily put your dates on the front page.:goodvibes:santa:

WooHoo!! That is great news. Fingers crossed for your husband too.:wizard:

All is well here at the JT house. Things have been sorta hectic lately with work, so I havent had as much chance to stay caught up with my other family here on the DIS.

And you tell Mr. Muushka we are gonna be keepin a close :magnify:on him;)

Thanks Jimmy. It is a job trying to keep him in line all by myself!

Your family missed you!:goodvibes

That's Great News... Pixie Dust :wizard: to DH too.

Hey Maria and Dory Where are you ?????
We miss you guys :sad1: and hope all is well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter