BOO!!! The Murphy's are LIVE from WDW! MNSSHP and Epcot F&W!

Out of all the moderates, which one would you recommend for a 3 yr old?
We've only stayed at deluxe resorts in the past. I'm debating between CSR, CBR & POR.
I'd love to see more pics of CSR!

Girl or boy? I think the Royal Rooms at POR are adorable for a girl, and the Pirate rooms at CBR are super cute for a boy. When my kids were little they loved anything that was themed like that. :) We did a Pirate room back when they first came out, my boys loved it.
I think all the mods have their pluses and minuses. POR has a great theme, and I love the boat to Disney Springs. I really like their food also. But the buses always seem crowded there to me. It's a very popular and busy resort.
Coronado Springs has a more adult vibe, I think mostly due to the convention people. It probably doesn't have much appeal for a 3 year old, but it does have a nice pool. Also, I love the suites they have here. You could do a junior suite and have your own separate bedroom apart from the 3 year old, so you could stay up later and watch TV. They have business class also, which is a sort of "light CL" so it offers food and drinks throughout the day. I think this resort is the closest thing to a deluxe resort in the moderate category.
Probably the best thing you can do is just look at lots of photos and choose whichever one appeals to you the most visually. I don't think there's a bad choice really. :D

We had a jam packed day at Universal today! We hit Islands of Adventure first, then went over to Universal Studios for Halloween Horror Nights. This is the perfect event for a teenage boy. :lmao: Monsters, murderers, loud music, scantily clad female dancers, fire, guns, and all manner of violence. :rotfl2: I spent a lot of time in Diagon Alley alone because it was the perfect time to be there with it basically empty. I really enjoyed that. Gringott's was a walk-on, all the shops were empty, I got ice cream and just strolled around enjoying the wizarding world. :wizard:

9E113A1D-4146-4B9A-9519-79C77C6C840B_zpspnupfwou.jpg

69BAE30C-A4FD-44FA-B7F6-9EC971F51E6F_zps9zswffxm.jpg

CACBC4E6-6935-4BEC-A679-B616C68E62D9_zpsyegpl9fp.jpg

5A53FB13-C282-4267-8C62-B3A228FD7B1C_zpscnqnaq0m.jpg

I commend your bravery Erika! Was Nic okay exploring solo? I would've chilled with Harry Potter as well but I wouldn't want my son to be freaked out. HHN looks scary on videos and pics. Maybe I can get my son there next year or maybe dad can take him he's way braver

I commend your bravery Erika! Was Nic okay exploring solo? I would've chilled with Harry Potter as well but I wouldn't want my son to be freaked out. HHN looks scary on videos and pics. Maybe I can get my son there next year or maybe dad can take him he's way braver

I definitely don't recommend for anyone under age 16. It is scary, there's a LOT of drinking and drunk people, and the shows have bad language and violence. The haunted houses are very, very scary. Tons of intense graphic violence and gore. There's no way I would bring my 14 year old, he would have a heart attack. I saw little kids there last night and they looked terrified. Nic and I stuck together like glue through the houses, he would have never done one alone. But he did go off on his own to ride Rip Ride Rock it a few times over and over while I stayed in Diagon Alley. He was fine to do that and wasn't afraid. But he's also 6'3" and knows the parks like the back of his hand. So he could skip the scare zones if he didn't want to walk through them. I felt he was safe to have some freedom. The way the park is set up there are areas without scare actors.

I definitely don't recommend for anyone under age 16. It is scary, there's a LOT of drinking and drunk people, and the shows have bad language and violence. The haunted houses are very, very scary. Tons of intense graphic violence and gore. There's no way I would bring my 14 year old, he would have a heart attack. I saw little kids there last night and they looked terrified. Nic and I stuck together like glue through the houses, he would have never done one alone. But he did go off on his own to ride Rip Ride Rock it a few times over and over while I stayed in Diagon Alley. He was fine to do that and wasn't afraid. But he's also 6'3" and knows the parks like the back of his hand. So he could skip the scare zones if he didn't want to walk through them. I felt he was safe to have some freedom. The way the park is set up there are areas without scare actors.
My DH and son (I think he was 11 at the time) did HHN while we hung at the resort. My DS enjoyed it but it was scary for him. This is my oldest who is now 24, I think it was tamer then. I will definitely save the experience for DH to do with DS14 most definitely LOL Thank you for your input, now coasters I am more than happy to let him go solo, this summer he did the coasters solo many, many times..and the water rides that I opted out of ;)

Headed to the Studios!! A slow and sleepy start this morning. ;)
Enjoy!

Girl or boy? I think the Royal Rooms at POR are adorable for a girl, and the Pirate rooms at CBR are super cute for a boy. When my kids were little they loved anything that was themed like that. :) We did a Pirate room back when they first came out, my boys loved it.
I think all the mods have their pluses and minuses. POR has a great theme, and I love the boat to Disney Springs. I really like their food also. But the buses always seem crowded there to me. It's a very popular and busy resort.
Coronado Springs has a more adult vibe, I think mostly due to the convention people. It probably doesn't have much appeal for a 3 year old, but it does have a nice pool. Also, I love the suites they have here. You could do a junior suite and have your own separate bedroom apart from the 3 year old, so you could stay up later and watch TV. They have business class also, which is a sort of "light CL" so it offers food and drinks throughout the day. I think this resort is the closest thing to a deluxe resort in the moderate category.
Probably the best thing you can do is just look at lots of photos and choose whichever one appeals to you the most visually. I don't think there's a bad choice really. :D
Thanks for all the info, we have a little girl who loves all things Disney! What do you think about CBR? We narrowed it down to POR and CBR. I'm sure what ever we pick, she'll love it :)

Keep up the great trip report! Loving every post!

Last edited:
Love the report, Erika! Love the photos of you and Nic! As a fellow mom of 16- and 15-year-old boys, I always appreciate having a teenager who can have fun and be silly with his mom! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter