• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG Breakfast Mess

All I could get was an 8:45. So as long as I'm there by 7:30, they'll let us in early? I wanted ppo so we could got up some rides early, but wasn't sure iy 8:45 was a waste.

Assuming the park opens at 9am, they will let everyone with a reservation prior to 9am in the park at 7:45am. So yes, make sure you get there by 7:30am to get in the left-most line and check-in with the CM with the clipboard.

I did not know this about the time they let you in. I assumed if we had an 8:20 we'd be let in after someone with an 8:05. good to know, though, as we'll just show up with everyone else since we'll be up anyway. (sorry to those that have ADR's in that 20 mins before me on the day I'm there. LOL)

If we preorder our breakfast does that help with the line once we arrive? Are there two lines to go to when you get to BOG? One to order, and one where you can say you're there and request your pre-ordered food? Or does everyone still get into the same one? Also, can only one of our party wait in line once we get there and the other 3 go find a table?

I did not know this about the time they let you in. I assumed if we had an 8:20 we'd be let in after someone with an 8:05. good to know, though, as we'll just show up with everyone else since we'll be up anyway. (sorry to those that have ADR's in that 20 mins before me on the day I'm there. LOL)

If we preorder our breakfast does that help with the line once we arrive? Are there two lines to go to when you get to BOG? One to order, and one where you can say you're there and request your pre-ordered food? Or does everyone still get into the same one? Also, can only one of our party wait in line once we get there and the other 3 go find a table?

Yes I would definitely preorder. We were the first to enter the park at 7:45. Had a great time taking pics on Main Street and at the castle, then made our way to BOG. We checked in and since we preordered we were given a yellow rose and told to go directly to pay. There were two lines, one for those who preordered to the left and one for those using the kiosks to order to the right. We payed with minimal wait and found our seats. Our breakfast was delivered promptly at 8:10 a.m., which was our ADR time. We were finished by 8:30 and went outside to get into the "line" for 7DMT.

I can't address what time you'll be let in the park. We've only been at BoG for lunch, and it always helps to preorder. If you tell the CM where you check in that you've preordered, you'll generally be sent right to the CM outside the door, bypassing the line of people who haven't preordered. You'll be shown inside, directly to a CM at a cash register who will confirm your order (you can change it there if you need to). You'll pay and be given a receipt and, at least a lunch, proceed to sit where you want. It's way faster than standing in line and ordering at a kiosk. And I'm pretty sure your whole party has to stay together for the whole process. If you preorder, the whole check in and paying process takes only a few minutes.

When we went in August last year it was so quiet, we had an 8am ADR, which was pre-park opening. The restaurant itself was quiet, hardly anyone was in. This year however, in January, it was jam-packed. We had an 8.05am ADR, again pre-park opening, but the restaurant was heaving. The queue to get in was huge, they were separating those who had pre-ordered and those who hadn't pre-ordered. We were sent to a CM to check-in who was talking through the menu with two ladies and trying to explain what each dish was. This took up a good 10 minutes. I couldn't believe how different this was to our experience in August. We still enjoyed our meal but are re-thinking whether we would do breakfast here again.

Yes I would definitely preorder. We were the first to enter the park at 7:45. Had a great time taking pics on Main Street and at the castle, then made our way to BOG. We checked in and since we preordered we were given a yellow rose and told to go directly to pay. There were two lines, one for those who preordered to the left and one for those using the kiosks to order to the right. We payed with minimal wait and found our seats. Our breakfast was delivered promptly at 8:10 a.m., which was our ADR time. We were finished by 8:30 and went outside to get into the "line" for 7DMT.
thank you! this helps me understand the whole process!

Right. I get what everyone is saying. Perhaps it was our mistake not showing up 45 minutes for a reservation that takes 10 minutes to walk to. Although after this trip I realize we need to be prepared to stand in lines for 45 minutes, I simply wanted to state that that is the case and we didn't like it.

This may be fine for others, not us. We'll choose another counter service option next time.

In contrast, we got to AK at 8:00 for an 8:10 Tusker House, were greeted warmly at both the gate and restaurant, and had a pleasant and timely experience. No lines.

That must be why they are changing Tusker House to 2 Credits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter