BOG Breakfast Mess

DisneyPiPhi

DIS Veteran
We did an 8:30 BOG breakfasts last year and enjoyed it: quick and easy, good food, and ate in time to start touring at 9:00. Perfect!

This year it was a hot mess. Arrived at MK at 8:00 for our 8:10. Stood in a breakfast check-in line between security and the gates until almost 8:30. Then stood in line outside BOG until 8:45. Then stood in line inside until 9:00. Ate quick and got out around 9:30, wasting a half hour of ride time and with a cranky kid already sick of lines! They were completely ill-equipped to deal with the ADRs.

I can't recommend it after this trip. We'll be having resort QS on our MK days in the future.

I'm sorry to hear this. It is the polar opposite of our experiences both in August and then again in December. Perhaps your experience was was an anomoly, at least I hope so.

Something must have happened to cause this. We were in and out the last trip too during breakfast and will do it again in September.

Sorry to hear, I was planning an 8:30 ADR to be in MK early. Hopefully it was just an off day.

Oh no, that bites. That wasn't my experience. I wonder what caused all of this? Maybe they started allowing more ADRs and weren't equipped to get them through.

Sorry to hear, I was planning an 8:30 ADR to be in MK early. Hopefully it was just an off day.
If you want to avoid what happened to the OP, plan to be at the MK gate by 7:30. Go to the far left and a CM with an Ipad will direct you. You will get in the park at 7:45. OP arrived at 8 and that was 30 minutes late. 30 minutes at the front gate early in the morning is a long time. If you have an 8:30 ADR and the park opens at 9, you get in MK at 7:45 and BOG at 8. You don't wait till 8:30. Of course none of this works on a day that MK opens at 8 instead of 9. Making an ADR for BOG Lunch would be a much better plan if the park opens at 8.

Last edited:
We did an 8:30 BOG breakfasts last year and enjoyed it: quick and easy, good food, and ate in time to start touring at 9:00. Perfect!

This year it was a hot mess. Arrived at MK at 8:00 for our 8:10. Stood in a breakfast check-in line between security and the gates until almost 8:30. Then stood in line outside BOG until 8:45. Then stood in line inside until 9:00. Ate quick and got out around 9:30, wasting a half hour of ride time and with a cranky kid already sick of lines! They were completely ill-equipped to deal with the ADRs.

I can't recommend it after this trip. We'll be having resort QS on our MK days in the future.
Was park opening 9am that morning? If that is the case, you arrived a half hour late for your strategy to work. If you had arrived at 7:30, you would have gotten in to MK at 7:45, and BOG AT 8. This applies to any pre park opening ADR at BOG 8 to 8:55.
On the other hand, if MK opened at 8 that morning, breakfast at BOG is not a good idea for those wanting to get in a few rides before long lines build up. Sorry for your bad experience.

Right. I get what everyone is saying. Perhaps it was our mistake not showing up 45 minutes for a reservation that takes 10 minutes to walk to. Although after this trip I realize we need to be prepared to stand in lines for 45 minutes, I simply wanted to state that that is the case and we didn't like it.

This may be fine for others, not us. We'll choose another counter service option next time.

In contrast, we got to AK at 8:00 for an 8:10 Tusker House, were greeted warmly at both the gate and restaurant, and had a pleasant and timely experience. No lines.

Right. I get what everyone is saying. Perhaps it was our mistake not showing up 45 minutes for a reservation that takes 10 minutes to walk to. Although after this trip I realize we need to be prepared to stand in lines for 45 minutes, I simply wanted to state that that is the case and we didn't like it.

This may be fine for others, not us. We'll choose another counter service option next time.

In contrast, we got to AK at 8:00 for an 8:10 Tusker House, were greeted warmly at both the gate and restaurant, and had a pleasant and timely experience. No lines.

Animal Kingdom has one restaurant opened for PPO breakfast, in contrast with the 3 restaurants in MK> BOG is enormous, is a CS that is incredibly busy. Planning for each park and restaurant is much different if you want to experience a "quiet" entrance intot the park.

Your mistake was in not understanding the difference between the crowds entering AK and MK.

I will say that we never arrive 45 minutes early for an ADR at BOG, but we also always book the 8:05 or 8:10 slot.

As an FYI Disney recommends you be at the restaurant 10 minutes prior to your ADR time.

And it is always a good idea to leave a bit of a cushion in case you run into things such as long check in lines.

Edited becasue I do not know how to delete a double post

It's important to know that people who have a BOG ADR between 8am and 9am are being allowed in with the first guests at 7:45am. That's a lot of people! So if you're not early enough, you're going to be waiting in line once you get to BOG.

It's important to know that people who have a BOG ADR between 8am and 9am are being allowed in with the first guests at 7:45am. That's a lot of people! So if you're not early enough, you're going to be waiting in line once you get to BOG.

Yes, it is a crazy difference between AK and Epcot and MK PPO ADR's. WE always are early birds, but there just are not so many folks entering the other two parks s there are MK, and people need to take that into account.

We had an 8:05 breakfast ADR this past April. We got to BOG at 8:05...the resort only monorail was running that morning and the security lines were slower due to more thorough bag checks and walks through the metal detectors. We always have early ADRs at either Crystal Palace or BOG. This wasn't a high crowd predicted day either.

Not complaining but I hated the pressure of getting there on our last trip. I will now allow more time than previously in the past.

We had our 8:05 reservations for May 5 of this year. Allowed almost 1 1/2 hours to arrive on time. Waited at least 45 minutes at the resort for a bus. Waited in the bag check. Had a major hold up at the reservation check in while someone argued with the CM that they had a PPO reservation while 4 other CMs watched. Finally got in and fast walked to get to the restaurant on time (1 minute to spare!). Everything at BOG was smooth, from check in to seating to service. Got out around 8:45 to find 7DMT broken down (until almost 11 am), Space Mountain broken down (until almost 1:10 pm), Pooh down off and on, as was Barnstormer. Finally decided to take the train over to Frontierland and after a 40 minute wait, we were told the train was down. Of our 3 fast passes, 2 were down. Finally, after walking over to our 2:10 lunch at Skippers, we called it a day. The pool was working.

I don't care how long the wait is or what strategy it takes to get to BOG I personally can't stand the noise in there. It's too loud and chaotic. And the cast members for my one visit were very rude and assumed everyone there already knew what to do and where everything was. Nope I'll take a nice Cinderella table any day over BOG. Shoot I'd take Starbucks in Seattle on a Monday morning over BOG.

It sucks that they do this. I wish they did everyone before 8:20/8:30am, waited 10-15 minutes, and then did everyone before 8:45am. I'm sure they just want the tables filled, but it would stink to have an 8:10 rezzie and get stuck at the back of the line.

Sure it takes 10 minutes to walk from gate to BOG, but didn't you consider everyone else that was arriving for the 8am as well as the next hour's worth of ADRs? It just seems kind of shortsighted to arrive with exactly enough time to walk and expect no lines or holdups along the way.

It sucks that they do this. I wish they did everyone before 8:20/8:30am, waited 10-15 minutes, and then did everyone before 8:45am. I'm sure they just want the tables filled, but it would stink to have an 8:10 rezzie and get stuck at the back of the line.
I think it's great that they do this. You just know you've got to get there super early. BOG is huge. Think about how many people have reservations before 8:10am. If you're arriving with no time to spare, there's going to be lots of people who are going to be ahead of you anyways.

Last edited:
We had our 8:05 reservations for May 5 of this year. Allowed almost 1 1/2 hours to arrive on time. Waited at least 45 minutes at the resort for a bus. Waited in the bag check. Had a major hold up at the reservation check in while someone argued with the CM that they had a PPO reservation while 4 other CMs watched. Finally got in and fast walked to get to the restaurant on time (1 minute to spare!). Everything at BOG was smooth, from check in to seating to service. Got out around 8:45 to find 7DMT broken down (until almost 11 am), Space Mountain broken down (until almost 1:10 pm), Pooh down off and on, as was Barnstormer. Finally decided to take the train over to Frontierland and after a 40 minute wait, we were told the train was down. Of our 3 fast passes, 2 were down. Finally, after walking over to our 2:10 lunch at Skippers, we called it a day. The pool was working.

Yay for the pool! :teeth:

The same thing happened to us. We were actually first in line to enter the MK, so we were in and out of BOG quickly. But Mine Train was down til 9:30am and so were a few other rides. We had loads of time to take pictures though. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter