Birthday trip for me

margot31

DIS Veteran
My husband is offering a trip of my choice for my 40th. He is even willing to stay home and watch the kids with his demanding work schedule. So in the start of this I thought let's all go to DL as we only live 2 hours away and the kids birthdays are the same week as mine and we would go during their fall break. Well that kind of turned into an argument. We talked last night and said I have no problem if you want to go to Disneyworld but not alone call someone like even your parents. I thought how fun with my dad. Now I also thought about flying way out to England as I have a sister who is there and I have never been. The long flight to England is something I don't particularly want to do. I was going to wait on that trip when we moved back east.

So now do I become a child for a few days and go to Disney World with my parents or do I adult and go to England. choices choices....I kind of need to make up my mind soon due to planning and flights. I would be doing this in the fall probably.

I just had a great solo trip to Disney World without the kids. Do you know what you’d hope to do if you went? Would you be able to do everything you’d want to with your parents?

Seeing the world really is amazing! Have you traveled out of country before? Are there things in London that would appeal to you?When you’re 60, would you think back and wish you had visited it?

I think those factors can help you decide.

At this stage in my life, I’ve probably been to 15 countries+ so I’d choose Disney World simply because less travel and more chance to enjoy in an enclosed bubble sounds more appealing.

I just had a great solo trip to Disney World without the kids. Do you know what you’d hope to do if you went? Would you be able to do everything you’d want to with your parents?

Seeing the world really is amazing! Have you traveled out of country before? Are there things in London that would appeal to you?When you’re 60, would you think back and wish you had visited it?

I think those factors can help you decide.

At this stage in my life, I’ve probably been to 15 countries+ so I’d choose Disney World simply because less travel and more chance to enjoy in an enclosed bubble sounds more appealing.
I would be going to England before 60. We move back to the east in about 3 years. My dad while in his 70's is still in decent shape to do rides and such. My mom isn't a big ride person like Everest but she would be happy just to go. While my parents are old they are in good shape. Heck they go to to England once a year and do this or that or this or that....They travel when ever and my mom can do the hills in Italy so not concerned about her walking.

I would be going to England before 60. We move back to the east in about 3 years. My dad while in his 70's is still in decent shape to do rides and such. My mom isn't a big ride person like Everest but she would be happy just to go. While my parents are old they are in good shape. Heck they go to to England once a year and do this or that or this or that....They travel when ever and my mom can do the hills in Italy so not concerned about her walking.
I missed that part in your first post about being able to do it when you move East.

I’d choose Disney World! Sounds like your parents are good company, but you think your husband would budge on you going solo? It’s so safe there and it was so much fun for me not to have to worry about anybody else and do what I want when I wanted, which is such a rarity as a mom.

I missed that part in your first post about being able to do it when you move East.

I’d choose Disney World! Sounds like your parents are good company, but you think your husband would budge on you going solo? It’s so safe there and it was so much fun for me not to have to worry about anybody else and do what I want when I wanted, which is such a rarity as a mom.
He's also worried as he travels for work of me being alone. I can understand his feeling. Eating alone and such it gets boring. I am honestly ok with the idea of going with someone. Heck I was like I'll call my dad. Then he was like what about your mom. As my parents are getting older it would be fun to do something just them before they do get to the point of not being able to do it so much.

We discuss this topic, or a similar topic, a lot. How much Disney do we mix into our vacation schedule each year vs. doing other things. If having your parents along for the WDW trip has significant meaning and would make it extra special (which I assume it would!), then I say pull the trigger on that one. It won't be long before the 10+ mile park days and even the idea of getting on a ride won't be tenable for them (I know it's not for my parents!).

If the overseas trip is already something you know you'll be doing in the near future, and WDW with the parents has a "wouldn't it be nice to do this before they really don't want to or can't go anymore" vibe to it, I say WDW (and this is from someone who loves England - my wife has family there and we absolutely adore it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter