Best value resorts for solo adult?

OP95- I have always loved Pop Century- from our earliest trips with our kids. It's very Disney. Enjoyed the food court, although have not been in a few years. That being said, if you can find comparable pricing renting points for a studio- that would be the route I would take. The rooms are generally more comfortable and often better located. Either way, You will have the makings of a great trip.
snowwite- Love the vibe at OKW- the studios are a nice size, the pools are convenient and the food at Olivia's is generally very good. Always enjoy the friendship boats to Disney Springs as well. Have a wonderful time!
We’ve been to Olivia’s and usually take the boats from DS over for a key lime ice cream and have a sit in the rocking chairs. It will be my first time as a guest though. I’ve read some lousy reviews but mostly complaints about the buses.

I always rent dvc points and some great values can be had at like Saratoga animal kingdom or old key west. You get a little nicer room with kitchenette and I don’t mind the buses so I’ll happily use less points to stay at one of the bus only resorts. Though, I tend to do split stays to find my favs and that’s a good way to mix it up with some resorts that are walkable to parks or have boats versus the bus only places. But I’m in no hurry to get to the parks.

if you want quiet and a value, I’d go with All Star Music and request 3rd floor, non connecting room, and not on poolside. Country Fair and Rock Inn facing away from the main areas are incredibly quiet. The only problem with a value, though, is they don’t have a real refrigerator, it’s just a beverage cooler so you do need to think about what stays safe at that temperature for that long. You might want to buy a cheap cooler you can just add ice to. Bring dish soap, plate, bowl, utensils, knife, and a roll of paper towels if you plan to eat some in the room. If you can afford more, you could book a DVC studio, or stay off property and rent a car.

The Family suites at ASMU are exterior corridor, so motel style. They actually seem to have at one time been individual rooms. The great thing about them is that they have two full bathrooms.
That's because they were individual rooms to start with. The resort opened in 1994 and was retrofit with suites in 2006.

That's because they were individual rooms to start with. The resort opened in 1994 and was retrofit with suites in 2006.

Right, seemed that way. The wall between the bedroom and living room is super thick and sound proof. W eput our resident snorer in there!

I booked my first solo trip and now I’m second guessing my choices but it’s booked and I’ll lose money if I cancel it. I’m going to OKW for a week. I paid to purchase points and booked through DVC rental. I’m in a studio and the are a lock out so I am packing headphones, earplugs and my tiny noise machine. It looks like a good mix of relaxing and being able to get to parks as well
I'm a DVC owner. OKW has been my fave for solo trips. I try to get a top floor to avoid overhead noise, just in case. The bus can be a negative for some, but I just make it part of my day. The only thing I'd recommend is planning how you'll eat since QS there is quite limited. I don't mind eating solo. I've even enjoyed buffets alone (CMs are great!) But if I want to eat back in room, I usually take away from Springs, parks or other resorts. Enjoy!

I'm a DVC owner. OKW has been my fave for solo trips. I try to get a top floor to avoid overhead noise, just in case. The bus can be a negative for some, but I just make it part of my day. The only thing I'd recommend is planning how you'll eat since QS there is quite limited. I don't mind eating solo. I've even enjoyed buffets alone (CMs are great!) But if I want to eat back in room, I usually take away from Springs, parks or other resorts. Enjoy!
My only concern is getting a ground floor so I can get the ECV inside. I have been there for meals so I know it’s pretty limited but I will have a car so I can get some stuff for the room and there is always parks and Dis Springs for food options. Aside from Boma and GF cafe I’ve not been to a lot of restaurants in resorts unless I was staying there. Are there any you would recommend?

My only concern is getting a ground floor so I can get the ECV inside. I have been there for meals so I know it’s pretty limited but I will have a car so I can get some stuff for the room and there is always parks and Dis Springs for food options. Aside from Boma and GF cafe I’ve not been to a lot of restaurants in resorts unless I was staying there. Are there any you would recommend?
I enjoy a few buffets & eat lighly rest of the days...Hard to recommend w/o knowing your preferences...But POLY Capt Cooks is my fave take-away (or enjoy on patio outside).

Many years ago I did a solo stay at POFQ. It is nice and compact, so you are never far from the amenities. It also made sense as I was going to watch my nephew's school orchestra play at Disney Springs.

I currently have a solo trip booked for the All Star Music. I am purposely avoiding any resorts that I have stayed at recently with family members, as I don't want to be comparing this trip to that trip. It has been a long time since I have stayed at Asmu, and I am really looking forward to it!

OP95- I have always loved Pop Century- from our earliest trips with our kids. It's very Disney. Enjoyed the food court, although have not been in a few years. That being said, if you can find comparable pricing renting points for a studio- that would be the route I would take. The rooms are generally more comfortable and often better located. Either way, You will have the makings of a great trip.
snowwite- Love the vibe at OKW- the studios are a nice size, the pools are convenient and the food at Olivia's is generally very good. Always enjoy the friendship boats to Disney Springs as well. Have a wonderful time!
Thank you!

Before I stayed at Pop on my last trip, I would have said All Star Movies - Preferred Room in the Toy Story section. It's close to the front, but there's no pool, so it's really not that noisy.
However, 2 Januarys ago I stayed at Pop Century and loved it. The room was renovated and VERY comfortable. It has one king bed and a pull down extra bed that was a table when not a bed. I loved that it was on the Skyliner line. I was in the 70's section. Not the closest, but it didn't have a pool so it was much quieter than the rest of the resort buildings.

For an extra last minute 5 night trip, just a month after a two week disney trip, I decided to stay as cheaply as possible. I stayed in a preferred room at All Star Music and requested the Calypso section. Getting a preferred room was important because I was solo. It was perfect. I was so close to the park buses and the food court, and real close to where the Mears bus picked me up at
2:45 am for my return to the airport.

I like Pop as a solo traveler. You get 2 park Skyliner access. I don’t think you get the super big groups at Pop that you sometimes get at All Stars.

I too am a Pop Century fan. I remember the many trips i have took (with my mom) we always stayed there until our last trip in 2015. If i ever get to go back, it's gonna be my home again.

I tend to look at the Swan and Dolphin. A lot depends on the price which can vary greatly. Over the last week it went from over 2000 a night for the most basic room down to 280. Of course there is a resort fee of $45. The benefit is that you get the extra magic hours at night same as Disney Deluxe. Be sure to check for AAA rates as well as the cancel options.

I am also staying at Signina and that price can also fluctuate a lot, same as above check AAA rate and cancel options. resort fee as well. Also look at packages they have breakfast and food credits. You also have access to the Waldorf if you are at the Signia as they are all Hilton. You DO NOT get the benefits of a Disney Deluxe. It has its won bus which is a very nice luxury bus from what I have seen. It may be worth looking at the Hilton Amex that gets you Diamond Status, One free night at almost any hotel, and a 200 credit every six months towards a Hilton stay. Also bonus point options for signing up. The Amex card is not cheap, but that free night can be at the Waldorf which is $1000 a night so..

Beyond that I look at CBBR as the buses are good and you have access to the skyliner.

I tend to look at the Swan and Dolphin. A lot depends on the price which can vary greatly. Over the last week it went from over 2000 a night for the most basic room down to 280. Of course there is a resort fee of $45.
A 2K rate generally means rooms aren't even bookable. AP rates and senior rates are generally the best post paid rates.

Agree with all the Pop century peeps. Since you will be there so long, maybe do a split stay and do the heavier park days while at Pop and some relaxing at a DVC resort. I stayed at Animal kingdom lodge two years ago solo for 3 nights (and Pop for 5 nights). I hung at the pool, stayed on my balcony watching animals and relaxed with minimal park visits.

A 2K rate generally means rooms aren't even bookable. AP rates and senior rates are generally the best post paid rates.
They are often bookable with points - which is the odd thing. I think they are sort of holding the rooms for conventions and such and then release them shortly before. Its very odd, and Ive seen it quite a bit.

Ill have to check the senior rates - for the most part I've seen those the same as AAA. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter