Best value resorts for solo adult?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone ,

i have recently come back from a trip and all ready looking at my next trip to beat the Disney blues. I am thinking of next November from the 9th -23rd. I was looking more at the value resorts this time and to be more budget friendly. I have been looking at the all star movies or pop century. What are peoples opinions on these resorts? The only thing that is worrying to me is the noise as I usually like to spend rest days at the resort. Are there any others within the similar price range you would consider? I have also been looking at The signia bonnet creek which is a bit more expensive But looks more adult friendly though without the Disney touches.

any help is appreciated

Number 5 for POP.
The only thing that is worrying to me is the noise as I usually like to spend rest days at the resort.

Even when the groups are there, they are gone during the day. However, all of the motel-style resorts can be noisy during the day. If quiet rest days at the resort is important you might need to bump up or stay offsite.

I stayed at Pop and going again in a couple of months. I thought it was quiet and the skyliner is great for hollywood studios and epcot. I would say don’t get a pool view. I have no experience in them, but I would imagine they could be noisier

I am going go the opposite way and say I wouldnt recommend Pop (or a value resort) for two whole weeks. especially the time frame youre going as its jersey week and thats moreee people trying to pop down for a quick trip while school is out. The value rooms aren't really made for long trips and the amount of noise can get crazy. I'd upgrade to CBR if youre going to be there for a while(and need to be on property for the whole trip) and youd still have the skyliner, nicer amenities and beautiful grounds to walk. CBR even has hammocks to hang out in. It may be a little bit more expensive but the resort is much nicer for hanging out at. Pop feels like FAO Schwartz, not very relaxing. CBR is like an island vacation resort that just happens to be near WDW and the price increase to stay moderate can be chipped away at with discounted gift cards and/or any WDW discounts that havent been annouced yet. If youre a Disney+ subscriber, theyre announcing a new discount in January. If you really want to save money, renting DVC is also an option. Ive never done it but for a longer trip it can end up being cheaper and its like having a condo vs a hotel. Riviera is new/expensive but its next to CBR so still skyliner and you can wander around the area, its beautiful over there. :) (I love CBR i cant help itttttt haha as a solo traveler whos been to every All star and pop multiple times, i moved to CBR based on a discount and I dont think I can go back to a value unless room rates are under $100 a night and I have a car (busses only at all stars is harsh) and the cost of a room+car per day can sometimes equal the rate at a moderate so in that case id just stay moderate and not need to drive on vacation lol

For safety sake solo travelers are better off where the lobby and rooms are in the same building. Unfortunately, that means the higher price resorts.

If you need value get a room closest to the lobby building.

For noise control, you may have to consider wearing ear plugs at times.

I have done many solo trips to the value resorts. The key to a quieter room is to request a non-connecting room. Most of my trips are at least ten nights, and to be honest, I have had more noise issues in deluxe rooms than value ones. My worst experiences were at BC and CR.

I prefer Pop for the Skyliner, but have stayed All Star when the savings were substantial and the budget thin. I just stayed at Pop the week after Thanksgiving, specifically for the Skyliner, and I am staying at All Star in January, strictly because of the price (the Skyliner will be down for maintenance while I am there, so no point in paying the premium at Pop).

As a female, I have not felt unsafe at any Disney resort. Just use common sense and be aware of your surroundings like you would be at any vacation destination. To me there is little difference in walking an outdoor walkway at night and walking some of those really long hallways such as AKL or BW, when no one else is around.

I travel solo 90% of the time, not just to WDW but anywhere I travel. I've found all of the WDW resorts are fine for solo travel. As far as the noise issue. The values and moderates are motel style resorts, with the exception of the suites at AoA and maybe the suites at ASMusic. So, you are going to hear people walking by, your view isn't going to really matter because it's a motel so are you going to leave you curtains open? The walls may be a tad thinner in the values over the moderates or the deluxe but I don't know that for a fact. The lobby in the values seems to be a bit busier then the moderates and deluxes but that might just be my point of view and not a fact.

As far as which value to stay at, depends on your priorities. I'm not a fan of the sky liner, one of the few people who feel that way. That leaves Pop out for me as well as CBR in the moderate category. Even before the sky liner Pop tended to cost a bit more than the All Stars, so while I did stay there if it was all that was available, it was not my preferred value.

As far as renting DVC points. If you are going to try that and are going to try a studio, start looking now and you might already be too late. I've never had much luck there and the only way I've been able to do it is either do a split stay or do either SS or OKW. I'm not against split stays, I do them often, but that could be an issue when renting so keep that in mind.

I travel solo 90% of the time, not just to WDW but anywhere I travel. I've found all of the WDW resorts are fine for solo travel. As far as the noise issue. The values and moderates are motel style resorts, with the exception of the suites at AoA and maybe the suites at ASMusic. So, you are going to hear people walking by, your view isn't going to really matter because it's a motel so are you going to leave you curtains open? The walls may be a tad thinner in the values over the moderates or the deluxe but I don't know that for a fact. The lobby in the values seems to be a bit busier then the moderates and deluxes but that might just be my point of view and not a fact.

As far as which value to stay at, depends on your priorities. I'm not a fan of the sky liner, one of the few people who feel that way. That leaves Pop out for me as well as CBR in the moderate category. Even before the sky liner Pop tended to cost a bit more than the All Stars, so while I did stay there if it was all that was available, it was not my preferred value.

As far as renting DVC points. If you are going to try that and are going to try a studio, start looking now and you might already be too late. I've never had much luck there and the only way I've been able to do it is either do a split stay or do either SS or OKW. I'm not against split stays, I do them often, but that could be an issue when renting so keep that in mind.

Honestly, one thing I would say abotu the Values is that they have very heavy walls & doors. You really can't hear noise from adjoining rooms. If you are on ground level near the pool, you might hear noise from that. IT will not be quiet outside of your room and they are generally busier/noisier in the common areas - food courts and lobby, etc.

The Family suites at ASMU are exterior corridor, so motel style. They actually seem to have at one time been individual rooms. The great thing about them is that they have two full bathrooms. Me and some friends stayed in one once and put the heavy snorer in the bedroom - we couldn't hear a thing!

I am going go the opposite way and say I wouldnt recommend Pop (or a value resort) for two whole weeks. especially the time frame youre going as its jersey week and thats moreee people trying to pop down for a quick trip while school is out. The value rooms aren't really made for long trips and the amount of noise can get crazy. I'd upgrade to CBR if youre going to be there for a while(and need to be on property for the whole trip) and youd still have the skyliner, nicer amenities and beautiful grounds to walk. CBR even has hammocks to hang out in. It may be a little bit more expensive but the resort is much nicer for hanging out at. Pop feels like FAO Schwartz, not very relaxing. CBR is like an island vacation resort that just happens to be near WDW and the price increase to stay moderate can be chipped away at with discounted gift cards and/or any WDW discounts that havent been annouced yet. If youre a Disney+ subscriber, theyre announcing a new discount in January. If you really want to save money, renting DVC is also an option. Ive never done it but for a longer trip it can end up being cheaper and its like having a condo vs a hotel. Riviera is new/expensive but its next to CBR so still skyliner and you can wander around the area, its beautiful over there. :) (I love CBR i cant help itttttt haha as a solo traveler whos been to every All star and pop multiple times, i moved to CBR based on a discount and I dont think I can go back to a value unless room rates are under $100 a night and I have a car (busses only at all stars is harsh) and the cost of a room+car per day can sometimes equal the rate at a moderate so in that case id just stay moderate and not need to drive on vacation lol
I booked my first solo trip and now I’m second guessing my choices but it’s booked and I’ll lose money if I cancel it. I’m going to OKW for a week. I paid to purchase points and booked through DVC rental. I’m in a studio and the are a lock out so I am packing headphones, earplugs and my tiny noise machine. It looks like a good mix of relaxing and being able to get to parks as well

OP95- I have always loved Pop Century- from our earliest trips with our kids. It's very Disney. Enjoyed the food court, although have not been in a few years. That being said, if you can find comparable pricing renting points for a studio- that would be the route I would take. The rooms are generally more comfortable and often better located. Either way, You will have the makings of a great trip.
snowwite- Love the vibe at OKW- the studios are a nice size, the pools are convenient and the food at Olivia's is generally very good. Always enjoy the friendship boats to Disney Springs as well. Have a wonderful time!

If you're going with a value, my vote is for Pop but I think noise really comes down to luck, like who your nieghbors are and if there are any big groups staying in your area. The noisiest room I've stayed at was at Boardwalk (And it was partially because it was a connecting room, like someone else mentioned... sound travels right through the door! But mostly it was because my neighbors stayed up late having a loud conversation.

If you can swing a moderate, I'd also look at Swan/Dolphin (which can sometimes be priced like a Disney moderate, but you get some Deluxe level perks and can walk to Epcot/HS) and renting DVC points for one of the less point heavy deluxe reports like Animal Kingdom Lodge (standard not savanna view), Old Key West, or Saratoga Springs. The main downside is that renting points is not as flexible as just booking a hotel room through Disney.

I also love the idea of the split stay that someone else mentioned so you can experinece two reports and also balance out a more expensive resort with a cheaper one.

I always stay at POP for my solo trips, well except Dec 2022 because I was able to do a triple stay at Poly/BLT/OKW renting points for about $100 cheaper then POP and in January I will be staying at ASMo because Skyliner will be down and with the AP discount it’s saving me a lot. However I will be back at POP in April for a solo trip. I never feel unsafe when staying solo at Disney. I usually book standard pool view because I love the 50’s area and it’s a better chance of getting that area in that category.

I booked my first solo trip and now I’m second guessing my choices but it’s booked and I’ll lose money if I cancel it. I’m going to OKW for a week. I paid to purchase points and booked through DVC rental. I’m in a studio and the are a lock out so I am packing headphones, earplugs and my tiny noise machine. It looks like a good mix of relaxing and being able to get to parks as well

Yo won’t regret staying at OKW. Dec 2022 I did a triple stay on points with OKW being the longest stay, 5 nights and the other 2 were just 1 night. I absolutely loved OKW. I will recommend that you request building 18 though as it is only a 4 min walk to the hospitality house, unless you have a car then it really doesn’t matter. OKW is so relaxing and such a pretty resort. You also can’t go wrong with eating at Olivia’s. I hope you have an awesome time there.

Yo won’t regret staying at OKW. Dec 2022 I did a triple stay on points with OKW being the longest stay, 5 nights and the other 2 were just 1 night. I absolutely loved OKW. I will recommend that you request building 18 though as it is only a 4 min walk to the hospitality house, unless you have a car then it really doesn’t matter. OKW is so relaxing and such a pretty resort. You also can’t go wrong with eating at Olivia’s. I hope you have an awesome time there.
I already requested anything on a first floor because if my hip plays up I wind up needing a scooter. I’ll have my cane anyway but if I need the ECV it would be a problem since they don’t have elevators. I had not realized it before I booked. I’ll have a car and I don’t really care which pool I am near as long as I can swim. Actually one away from HH might be quieter. Thank you so much for relieving my anxiety!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter