Best Souvenir From Harry Potter World?

Does anyone know if they have the wax seal stamp kits in Diagon Alley? We visited right when they opened and they were selling them but since it was grand opening everything was sold out? Any idea if that souvenir is still an option? There were many to choose from....initials/monograms, Hogwarts, specific Houses, the Deathly Hallow mark etc.
DH bought the Hogwart's one last month in Hogsmeade, and other styles were available. I am sure they are in Diagon Alley, too. In fact, I think they might have even had some in our gift shop at CB, but I'm not entirely sure. I do know they had a lot of Harry Potter stuff in the hotel gift shop.

Personally, my "best souvenir" from my 2012 trip was the wand I got at Ollivanders. I was picked to be in the demonstration for that show, so it has some sort of cool sentimental value to me. I also like my Slytherin house scarf and Butterbeer mug, though.

Best souvenir is memories. The taste of butterbeer, grinning as the entire experience meant so much to everyone there but people on the outside just 'don't get it'.

I've got my eye on a few things, but who knows what I'll buy when I actually get there (31 days!) I love this thread tho, it's interesting to see what else there is that I don't know about.

I bought a gryffindor scarf when Hogsmede land first opened. Still use it in winter as it's super warm and held up very well. I also got a Sirius replica wand but accidentally dropped it onto concrete at a Halloween dress up day at work and chipped a large chunk off the bottom :( Guess I'll just have to buy another wand when I go back in August.... ;) haha

I'm not much for trinkets but bought several of these scarves for various family members as gifts this year. Those who received them voted me king for a day in my family because the scarves were that popular. As you said, they are stylish, hold up well and yes, super warm. This is the time of the year when they start using them and I have been thanked all over again for them. I tend to prefer tee shirts but my family thinks the scarves are the best souvenir ever.

Love the scarfs. I have a Griffindor and a Ravenclaw one. I also have a Griffindor umbrella which is large and extremely useful

I am weirdly obsessed with the teeth shattering mints or hp world mints as I like to call them. They are cheap and I get them every time I go. I love giving them to people and watching their face as they eat a few. FYI they are tiny but strong mints.

Best souvenir happens 9 months later...

Aw man, if only.

I'm not much for trinkets but bought several of these scarves for various family members as gifts this year. Those who received them voted me king for a day in my family because the scarves were that popular. As you said, they are stylish, hold up well and yes, super warm. This is the time of the year when they start using them and I have been thanked all over again for them. I tend to prefer tee shirts but my family thinks the scarves are the best souvenir ever.

Still loving our scarves!

We did have to replace DH's when we went to London. The Universal Hufflepuff scarf was a bit too "Steelers-yellow"* for DH and he refuses to wear it when at home. The giftshop at the "9 3/4" area of the train station in London had a more golden yellow in their scarf, so we got that for DH. He will wear that one when home. :)

The longest lasting, most awesome, souvenir has been DS's robe. It's now nearly to his knees (XS, purchased when he was 7ish, and he's 11 and about 5'3" now), which of course makes it even more perfect for being Ron (DS has red hair, so why fight it?). Eventually he'll have to get a new one if he chooses. But despite being some years old and having been worn a whole lot, it is still in *perfect* condition. Best $100 souvenir ever, IMO.

*opinions of DH are his and his alone, and not meant to be an insult from me, just reporting what happened...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter