Best Souvenir From Harry Potter World?

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
We are headed to Universal to check out the Harry Potter parks n February. What are some of the most unique souvenirs you have purchased? My daughter is saving some of her Christmas money to buy an interactive wand. She really wants a time turner necklace. Do they sell those? If so, so you know how much they are? Someone mentioned that the lanyards with the different Hogwarts house logos (Gryfindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw & Slytherin) were a good deal. Does Universal sell trading pins?

What are some cool souvenirs you purchased?

I think what is considered the "best" souvenir really just depends on the person. Last time I went, a keychain was perfect for me because it's pretty low cost, and I can carry it around with me everywhere as a memory of my trip and expression of my interest in Harry Potter. The shops were full of tons of other neat things I'd love to have, but the prices were too steep for most of them for me, and plus, I'm not really one to deck my entire world out in any theme, so I don't really need a stein, blanket, and/or pillow, as neat as they all looked.

I personally can't wrap my head around why someone would spend $40 on a wand, which as far as I'm concerned is just a fancy stick in a box that is of no actual use in my life (I do, however, get the appeal of the interactive wands), but plenty of other people think a wand is the ultimate souvenir to bring home.

So it just depends on the person. If I had to suggest a gift to someone, it would be probably be one of the house steins just because I think they're so freaking cool looking, though. :P (can't post a link because I don't have enough posts yet)

I think what is considered the "best" souvenir really just depends on the person. Last time I went, a keychain was perfect for me because it's pretty low cost, and I can carry it around with me everywhere as a memory of my trip and expression of my interest in Harry Potter. The shops were full of tons of other neat things I'd love to have, but the prices were too steep for most of them for me, and plus, I'm not really one to deck my entire world out in any theme, so I don't really need a stein, blanket, and/or pillow, as neat as they all looked.

I personally can't wrap my head around why someone would spend $40 on a wand, which as far as I'm concerned is just a fancy stick in a box that is of no actual use in my life (I do, however, get the appeal of the interactive wands), but plenty of other people think a wand is the ultimate souvenir to bring home.

So it just depends on the person. If I had to suggest a gift to someone, it would be probably be one of the house steins just because I think they're so freaking cool looking, though. :P (can't post a link because I don't have enough posts yet)

That's probably because you're not a die-hard Potter fan lol. For people like me, who will spend a ton of money to go to a potter con it's a must have. Same goes for the robes (though I advise going for a fandom shop rather than the Universal ones. They're better looking and better quality). pixiedust:

universal does pins

And they do them very well.

We like things that are useful. So our house color scarves work out well for us.

I also like keychains, and like (but don't use) my time turner keychain.

And I like the lanyard, too. They also have actual ties, which could be fun.

That's probably because you're not a die-hard Potter fan lol. For people like me, who will spend a ton of money to go to a potter con it's a must have. Same goes for the robes (though I advise going for a fandom shop rather than the Universal ones. They're better looking and better quality). pixiedust:

Nah, I mean I love the stories, but I'm not a HP LARPing or Potter con-going fan or anything. My sisters and I are bringing glow stick wands to the park next time because they cost us a dollar each, and we personally think they'd be more fun to carry around once the sun goes down. They're not authentic to the stories, but they're something fun for us. That's what I was saying about what is the best souvenir ultimately depending on the individual.

I will have to get something for my husband since he wont be with us on this trip. The Gryfindor stein will work well and its $25 so that is ok on the budget. I got him a stein at Dinsey once and it was $80...ouch! As for me, I foresee a keychain :) and an interactive wand for my daughter. Im making several t shirt sin advance with Vista Print and and transfer paper so hopefully the kids wont feel the need to buy tshirts

I recently went through the Universal WWOHP merchandise website and saw a great many items that fans would love. However, there was a distinct lack of what I would call jewelry such as charms or charm bracelets like Pandora & similar things or tie tacks or lapel pins etc.

There are all different sort of souvenirs at Harry Potter from the very expensive to the very inexpensive.:thumbsup2

I have tendency to look for things that mentioned in the books and not really brought up in the movies. I collect pins. There are some fun ones that are the signs of the shops.

When I went a few years ago, I bought a replica of Snape's wand (though I didn't pay $40 for it.. it was $25 then). We also bought the souvenir Butterbeer and kept the mugs to bring home. Next time, we plan on exchanging 'muggle' money for wizard money at Gringott's to keep as a souvenir.

I really think it depends on the person...but I also think there are the unknown gems out there and you are starting in the right place to research before you go.

For me, I always collect coffee cups, my husband hats and my kids everything. LOL.

But the one thing that didn't plan on buying was the wand.....they were selected at Ollivander's Wand Shop to let the "wand select them" so there was no one my husband was not buying the wands.

Good luck!!

And they do them very well.

We like things that are useful. So our house color scarves work out well for us.

I also like keychains, and like (but don't use) my time turner keychain.

And I like the lanyard, too. They also have actual ties, which could be fun.

We've been a couple of times and each time we bring back a wand. One thing I like to do is collect Christmas tree ornaments from each of my trips but I did find the WWOHP to be a bit deficient in this area. They had only (at least when I was there last, 3 yrs ago) Christmas ball ornaments. However, when I saw the time turner keychain, I thought it would be the perfect item to add to my Christmas tree travel collection :goodvibes..... many people actually comment on it as being very unique. Good luck and have fun!

I tried to share this yesterday but didn't have enough posts to share links or pictures. Just wanted to note that this is what my Hogwarts crest looked like after a month or so of having it, so unless they've improved them, it might be a good idea to stay away from the medallion-type key chains. When I go, I'm going to look for one of the rubber variety or something instead. :)

10e1vz5.jpg

We've been a couple of times and each time we bring back a wand. One thing I like to do is collect Christmas tree ornaments from each of my trips but I did find the WWOHP to be a bit deficient in this area. They had only (at least when I was there last, 3 yrs ago) Christmas ball ornaments. However, when I saw the time turner keychain, I thought it would be the perfect item to add to my Christmas tree travel collection :goodvibes..... many people actually comment on it as being very unique. Good luck and have fun!

Tons more ornaments now :) we got a Hogwarts Express one, as my two year old LOVED riding it. We also picked up: two wands (which my kids play with all the time), Gringotts money, A HoneyDukes candy jar (still filled with lemon drops) and a few mugs from buying Butterbeer.

I recently went through the Universal WWOHP merchandise website and saw a great many items that fans would love. However, there was a distinct lack of what I would call jewelry such as charms or charm bracelets like Pandora & similar things or tie tacks or lapel pins etc.

I didnt see much jewelry on the website link, either. I did see several cute necklaces, bracelets and earrings (in the $8-14 range) in Hot Topic yesterday. I got my daughter an "expecto patronum " necklace. All of the merchandise was buy one, get one half. Do they have things like that in the shops at the parks? She REALLY wants a time turner necklace...

Thanks for all the great info!!!

I didnt see much jewelry on the website link, either. I did see several cute necklaces, bracelets and earrings (in the $8-14 range) in Hot Topic yesterday. I got my daughter an "expecto patronum " necklace. All of the merchandise was buy one, get one half. Do they have things like that in the shops at the parks? She REALLY wants a time turner necklace... Thanks for all the great info!!!

I didn't see any in October. I've actually only seen jewelry at Hot Topic.

When I went a few years ago, I bought a replica of Snape's wand (though I didn't pay $40 for it.. it was $25 then). We also bought the souvenir Butterbeer and kept the mugs to bring home. Next time, we plan on exchanging 'muggle' money for wizard money at Gringott's to keep as a souvenir.
I was disappointed to find the Gringott's money only came in $10 and $20 denominations. Had planned to get a couple for each kid and myself (for scrapbooking), but it was way too expensive IMO for that :(

Tons more ornaments now :)

I can't wait to check it out on our next trip coming up in August. I'm just getting ready to take down my Christmas tree and as I put away each ornament, I am filled with memories of past trips and I can't wait to add another memory to my tree for 2015. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter