Best Souvenir From Harry Potter World?

Yes, ask them to stamp the postcard in the middle. Otherwise, the post office stamps right over their Hogsmeade stamp. I was disappointed the first time I tried it.

I splurged on the Ron Weasley Christmas jumper last year and love it! It's subtle enough to wear with only "real" fans knowing what it is. Definitely my favorite souvenir.

Does anyone know if they have the wax seal stamp kits in Diagon Alley? We visited right when they opened and they were selling them but since it was grand opening everything was sold out? Any idea if that souvenir is still an option? There were many to choose from....initials/monograms, Hogwarts, specific Houses, the Deathly Hallow mark etc.

Does anyone know if they have the wax seal stamp kits in Diagon Alley? We visited right when they opened and they were selling them but since it was grand opening everything was sold out? Any idea if that souvenir is still an option? There were many to choose from....initials/monograms, Hogwarts, specific Houses, the Deathly Hallow mark etc.

They still sold them 2 summers ago (2013), I remember debating on getting them.

I'm a fan of souvenirs I can use again at home, so while I'm not a uge fan of the wands, I do appreciate their fun factor and I enjoy watching people use them while I'm in the parks :)

I love my house scarf that I bought! A little expensive (I think it was 35-40$?) but well made and good quality. I also got a butterbeer ice cream in a souvenir glass and kept the glass, which is cute but I'm not sure I'd trust using it and washing it repeatedly, the logo looks like it might come off with repeated washing. They have cute ornaments, mugs, stuffed animals. And I LOVE their chocolate frogs. A little expensive, but yummy and I use the boxes to store hair pins and stuff when the chocolate is gone ;)

If you're a fan of Harry Potter, you'll be in your prime!

Pins, Pins, Pins. Also love the scarfs. You can buy things that you can use. Last time I went I bought a Griffindor Umbrella. Unfortunately not magic like Hagrid's but a really nice umbrella

an "inspected by the Ministry of Magic" ink stamp

That's awesome and I must find it the next trip.

I think the best souvenirs are functional ones. For example, I bought a candy jar from Honeydukes and we still use it to hold candy. Also, I still drink out of the mug my butterbeer came in.

Bought an empty candy jar (the cruise people post-Uni didn't appreciate it, thought it was a candle and had to take a peek) and we keep our change in it. We use the cardboard Bertie Bott's beans box for jellybeans we can actually eat (the corn syrup in the BB beans don't work for our family). We re-use the chocolate frog boxes for sooo many things. etc

the best souvenir at the park is not coming back home pregnant.

See, I would feel the opposite. Would love to have that particular souvenir!

I want a Weasley jumper so bad, but I'm too cheap! hehe

Learn to knit?

And I LOVE their chocolate frogs. A little expensive, but yummy and I use the boxes to store hair pins and stuff when the chocolate is gone

Yep.

I plan on going a bit wild when I go... some pins for me & my daughter, interactive wand, & white stuffed owl for the daughter, maybe a coffee mug or two. Plus whatever else is cool. And probably a few more pins....

Love my "house" themed refrigerator magnets. Large emblems of each house, magnetized for whatever...locker, refrigerator, cabinet. I relate to Ravenclaw.

My DS15 isn't coming on this trip, but put his order in already for me to bring him back a Slytherin stein. Lol!

I love the Honeydukes candy jar, but after opening and closing it several times a day (the lid was very snug), it broke about 2 weeks after buying it.

And Bumbershoot, I have been taught to knit by so many people; now I am so good, I can make a knot of yarn NO ONE could untie! :rotfl2:

I love the Honeydukes candy jar, but after opening and closing it several times a day (the lid was very snug), it broke about 2 weeks after buying it.:rotfl2:
send an email to guest services.
you might be able to bring the jar back on your next visit and have it replaced at the shop.
save your reciept.

I bought a gryffindor scarf when Hogsmede land first opened. Still use it in winter as it's super warm and held up very well. I also got a Sirius replica wand but accidentally dropped it onto concrete at a Halloween dress up day at work and chipped a large chunk off the bottom :( Guess I'll just have to buy another wand when I go back in August.... ;) haha

It all depends on your budget...just like hotels.. What are you willing to spend for any given item.. I have enough marriott points to stay the week but choose cabana bay because that's one hotel I have not stayed at in universal.

And Bumbershoot, I have been taught to knit by so many people; now I am so good, I can make a knot of yarn NO ONE could untie! :rotfl2:

I know the feeling!

I yearned for the Ravenclaw scarf but kept thinking $30 for a scarf, I can learn to knit and make it!

And then DS and I hit early hours and we rode Hippogriff 14 times in a row and it was like 25 degrees (December 2010) and I was SO SO SO COLD I ran into the store and bought us all scarves. :)

I know the feeling!

I yearned for the Ravenclaw scarf but kept thinking $30 for a scarf, I can learn to knit and make it!

And then DS and I hit early hours and we rode Hippogriff 14 times in a row and it was like 25 degrees (December 2010) and I was SO SO SO COLD I ran into the store and bought us all scarves. :)

I know THAT feeling! I forgot to pack our $1 ponchos 2 summers ago, and swore that it was "just rain, no big deal."

The we got hit by the outer edges of a hurricane/tropical storm, after being soaked through and standing in 4" of water, I bought $10 ponchos for everyone!

I know THAT feeling! I forgot to pack our $1 ponchos 2 summers ago, and swore that it was "just rain, no big deal."

The we got hit by the outer edges of a hurricane/tropical storm, after being soaked through and standing in 4" of water, I bought $10 ponchos for everyone!
Note to self...'buy ponchos before we go'!! :D Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter