Best and Worst Drivers in the US?

I think I read the same Forbes article and I think there’s some truth to it.

I learned to drive in the northeast and never thought any of the driving up there was obnoxiously bad. People aren’t afraid to gesture and yell, but the drivers themselves just don’t seem as bad as other places.

Of course, they also rank Albuquerque as the worst and I’ve never had any issues there either. I was recently in Phoenix and Tucson and am not shocked to see them in the top 10 worst. I really didn’t like driving in Phoenix and had some choice things to say about a number of drivers. I also hate driving through the DFW area…Dallas much more than Fort Worth, so absolutely not shocked that they’re on the list. Driving in Houston is so much better to me. I drove through KC in December and Memphis last May, both without issues, although…we’ve driven through Memphis before and had mixed feelings. DH was in Tampa back in November and he still thinks south Florida…like Palm Beach to Miami, is much worse. Sometimes I think familiarity makes us biased. Ex. I don’t mind driving in L.A. because it reminds me of driving at home.

Memphis isn't exactly great, but our traffic is so generally light that I don't think it comes off as bad as places with super-high traffic-density. I mean, people won't let you in for anyting if you have your blinker on - but there's always a break coming pretty easily, so it doesn't hold you up too much. I have seen some spectacularly scary wrecks though! Still, I'd rather drive here than in somewhere like NYC or DC - ect. That's so frightening! I've done Dallas a bit, and I didn't think it was so bad. The worst part was the 5 minute long red lights! 🤣

For some reason, Indiana drivers will get into the passing lane and then drive 10 MPH under the posted speed limit. It's very irritating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter