• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Being honest, were you surprised by the pregnancies of any of your children?

had a 5-year plan when I got married. First was find jobs as we both lost our jobs 1-2 months before we were married. Then it was save up enough money to take a trip or two and save for a house, that plan fizzled quickly as I had my son on our 11-month anniversary. AND he was a month late, so definitely not planned. My husband got a good job and within a year we bought a house and planned on trying for number 2, Then I was in a serious auto accident. After 6 months of physical therapy the doctors said no pregnancy for at least another 6 months. I found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks later so my daughter was sort of planned. I figured I had a boy and a girl so we were done. My husband wanted a third child, I gave it 6 months or we were done. I was pregnant in a week, so I guess she was planned, by my husband at least.

Instead of my 5-year plan I had 3 children in those 5 years. I wouldn't change a thing and we just traveled with the kids.

Both were planned, but surprised 1st one happened as quickly as it did. My parents didn't think I would be able to get pregnant. I was very sick when I was born and the Drs. had told my parents that the repeated x-rays to track my disease probably destroyed my ovaries.

#1 planned
#2 unplanned - NFP failure
#3 planned
#4 IVF x 3 cycles, IUI x 3 cycles, very poor outcome due to male and female issues and peri menopause. Needed ICSI. Got 2 eggs, both fertilized with ICSI, both made it to D3 (!), and one became DD.
#5 45 years old - spontaneous pregnancy, unplanned but very much wanted

No losses - very lucky for this.

Both planned.
Both planned to be a part of our lives sooner than it worked out. And further apart in age than we planned.
Oldest is 35 but would be 36 if all went according to the plan.
Youngest is 31 but would be 34 if all went according to the plan.

Both planned, but took longer than expected. The surprising thing about my younger son was that I kept getting negative pregnancy tests. The doctor finally did an exam because I was insistant and then did bloodwork to confirm. I was 11 weeks.

None of my kids were planned, but DS #2 was not a surprise. DS #1 and DS #3 we were not wanting kids at that time. They showed up anyways.

All four were not planned. We were not actively trying and the 4th well I refused to believe I was actually pregnant for weeks.

Both very planned
The only surprise was how fast I got pregnant with both of them.
I tell people that DH just passed me in the hallway and I was pregnant - LOL!
I laugh about that, but I know how very blessed we were to have that happen.

Both very planned
The only surprise was how fast I got pregnant with both of them.
I tell people that DH just passed me in the hallway and I was pregnant - LOL!
I laugh about that, but I know how very blessed we were to have that happen.
Same here. My husband, a mathematician, does not get just how fortunate we were to conceive so easily.

Or were they all planned to the point?
What about you? Usually you answer your own questions. You said before they were generous.

My 3 kids were all planned. I got pregnant so easily, looking back on my college years I was lucky there were no accidents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter