Ban Wagon -2011 Edition

Through Saturday :) Also, all the other paper crafting supplies (glue dots, stickers, etc) are 40% off. Do you have a JoAnn's nearby?

I have two nearby...so going tomorrow to check it out...but only getting things I absolutely need! will be a good girl :lmao:

Good luck--I almost jumped off the wagon, but, I stayed on (just barely ;))

Day 18:

how is everyone doing? I've gone over budget on scrap supplies. One I needed - cardstock, one I didn't - A cartridge. I did return 2 Xmas gifts though, so that put $40 back in my acct which canceled out the cart purchase.

coupons - I have my binder built and I'm trying to use it. I've done ok so far but could do better. I need to take it to the store with me.

eating out - So far so good!! We did eat lunch at target one day, DS14 had a 1/2 day and I had to pick some stuff up at Target. DS doesn't get lunch on 1/2 days so we had to get food, we were both starving. DS got pasta, I got breadsticks and DD got a hot dog. It was under $10 with a coupon so that was pretty good.

DH has not been on the no food ban because of work. But he did shop our pantry before he left to keep food costs down. Not sure what he'll do when they move to the new office though because the new hotel won't have a kitchen.

Doing pretty good....got a few spring things for Megan, but that was needed for our WDW trip, she only has 3 pairs of shorts that still fit from last year...one dinner out last week, used 50% coupon...did lunch on Sat at Panera $10.26 so not bad...dinner out tonight but have GC!
am going to Joanne's today, have coupon and only getting necessaties (I hope) for upcoming LO, have a list to follow!

I've done ok. We've done some eating out--more than I would like, but a lot of that had to do with the crazy weather/family stuff (sickness)/scheduling. And one of those, Mom & Dad bought! ;)

I am "sort of" falling off the wagon tomorrow. . .Hobby Lobby called and the 2 new Disney carts are in for me. I do have rainchecks, though, so I get them both for $79.99 (together). It is my scrapping purchase for the next 4 months ($20 each month), and I allotted for them, so I'm still ok.

I've reworked our outfits for WDW so we don't have to buy as much, and we're doing better at shopping our house instead of going out!

Now, to try to keep it up!!

I
I am "sort of" falling off the wagon tomorrow. . .Hobby Lobby called and the 2 new Disney carts are in for me. I do have rainchecks, though, so I get them both for $79.99 (together). It is my scrapping purchase for the next 4 months ($20 each month), and I allotted for them, so I'm still ok.

Brooke - not to start an eBay bidding war among all of us :rotfl2: - but I just grabbed the new Pixar cart there for $20 (including free shipping). The new Disney Classics one is going for about the same price, also with free shipping...

Just in case you want to stretch your monthly scrappy stash a bit...and let HL sell those to someone else!

Pam

forgot to add all my purchases for megan were on sale 40 - 50% off...

did good at Joannes today, everything 40% off....got two 2 1/2 inch 3 ring red photo albums for WDW trip, 12 pieces of pattern paper for LO's that I know will be done for 2010 photos, 2 wet glue pens, 1 xyron refill (out of both) 1 ea red, black and white card stock....spent $48.63!!!
passed up all the other pretty papers that I thought oohh pretty!
so proud of my will power today!

Brooke - not to start an eBay bidding war among all of us :rotfl2: - but I just grabbed the new Pixar cart there for $20 (including free shipping). The new Disney Classics one is going for about the same price, also with free shipping...

Just in case you want to stretch your monthly scrappy stash a bit...and let HL sell those to someone else!

Pam

Might have to check that out!!! Thanks!! :thumbsup2

I only bought the new doodling templates - £16 - over my allowance of "essentials only". I've tried not to eat any goodies brought into the office (and mostly managed) and tomorrow I'm walking to a training course (40 mins each way) instead of taking the tube:thumbsup2

We're doing fairly well staying on track.

We've been eating out once a week as a family, that is a huge downturn in eating out! It's amazing how much money this has saved us--I still have money in my wallet that I got from the ATM almost 2 weeks ago!

Rachel and I have been "shopping our stash" to crop/swap. We did go to J's to spend our monthly allotment on paper (but, it was on a huge sale).

Been doing great here!!! Had to borrow from our stash for pay for a repair..but it's being reimbursed on Friday from DH's check.... but overall we are doing great... Eat out twice..but my Dad bought while he was here..and FIL bought when he was here to visit...

Kids have complained that food at school his going down hill fast...so they have been taking their lunches... what it cost me to feed all 3 of them at school for a week, I can feed them awesome, nutritious stuff from home for 2 weeks!

Staying decently on track. Had to do the whole target, costco, fred meyer stops on Friday. Woohoo for being out of everything. but stuck to the basics.

Picked up a stack of baby boy paper at Target, my Realtor is due any day and i want to make her a little brag book, but i don't have boy stuff on hand.

I bought my PhotoPass CD too since it was about to expire. $62 all together.

Spent $20 on a new pair of jeans i desperately needed.

We ate out, DBF's treat since I drug him to the mall and M's in the same night it was just the 3 of us.

Spent $47 at M's. On glue, mats, and blades (bought 2 packs cause i cant find them) for my straight trimmer and got stickers on clearance to add to a page.

Then one more run to J's yesterday cost me $14.99 i needed ribbon and ink to finish an order. the ribbon was $0.50 a roll and the ink was 4 pack on sale $5.99

Overall not to bad. :thumbsup2 Baby steps around here.

On the house front: We found a house, put in a bid. needs some work, floors and kitchen will have to go and new ones in before I move one box in. Put in a bid that will only make our house payment $300 more per month than this rental. We will have to dip into the down payment money, but we will still have plenty left over to take care of floors, paint and the new kitchen. I have a great handyman friend thats going to do all the work for me on the cheap. I priced out my new cabinets at IKEA and I can do what i want for under $1,600 since its a tiny kitchen. :cool1:

I did splurge on BK for the lil girls and me for lunch. DD#3 was awesome running errands with me today, court house, copy store, post office. And tonight we are finally going to see Narnia since its finally not in 3D here, save a ton of money.

:wizard::wizard:Rachel, sending a BIG Shot of :wizard::wizard: that you get the house....even better that you will be able to put your stamp on the kitchen and make it what you want....keep us updated!!!!

thanks!! its so ugly! but i think its the dirty that grosses me out more. and not the best use of space.
DSCN5621.jpg

we're (the handyman) is going to cut out the wall to the right and make a breakfast bar . since it opens into the dining room.

DSCN5617.jpg

best part is the window, but the tile is awful.

DSCN5619.jpg

thanks!! its so ugly! but i think its the dirty that grosses me out more. and not the best use of space.
DSCN5621.jpg

we're (the handyman) is going to cut out the wall to the right and make a breakfast bar . since it opens into the dining room.

DSCN5617.jpg

best part is the window, but the tile is awful.

DSCN5619.jpg
nothing worse that other people's yuck! when we moved into our house in CA the previous owners hadn't cleaned their tub in I don't know how long :scared1:I used probably 5-6 different products to get it clean, the bottom had a very strange texture I played heck trying to get it clean.

love the view out your window!! having an open kitchen to the dining room will make it look bigger too!

So far so good...still at $1!!!! I am happy with my progress for the month!! :thumbsup2 But, I am still wanting those carts...saw Pam's post about the ebay deal...maybe looking over there??!! On the eating out front...we have stuck to the once a week...except the celebration dinne last Friday. Oh, and we took DD out for ice cream Saturday for another celebration...she scored her first basket in basketball!!! So, pretty much keeping in line other than the celebrations. But, they were excused!

nothing worse that other people's yuck! when we moved into our house in CA the previous owners hadn't cleaned their tub in I don't know how long :scared1:I used probably 5-6 different products to get it clean, the bottom had a very strange texture I played heck trying to get it clean.

love the view out your window!! having an open kitchen to the dining room will make it look bigger too!

Tell me about it. The owners had renters in it and they must have been evicted because its a mess, left the garage full of stuff and everything is just gross. not as bad as some people leave there homes here at work, but the owners didnt even try to make it show worthy.

DBF is hiring a cleaning company to take care of whats left after the new stuff is put in. :lovestruc which wont be much. haha.

Rachal!! I love Ikea kitchens. I want the white beadboard cabinets. And I so want to get rid of the cabinets I have because they slam closed.

Keep us posted in the house front!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter