Backstage Magic - June 2010

adambomb85

Mouseketeer
Hi All -

I am a first time poster and this forum seems terrific! My boyfriend and I just booked ourselves on the June 20 Backstage Magic Adventure. Is anyone else planning to go at this time? Just figured I'd ask and see if there are other crazy planners out there like me!

Thanks!

~Adam

:welcome: to DisBoards.

We're booked on the June 20 BSM tour also (DH, DS11, and me along with my BFF). Planning to fly into LAX on June 19 to try and adjust to the 3-hour time change. Following the ABD, we're going to relax and enjoy some more time at DL, staying on DVC points at VGC.

Is this your first ABD? First one for us and I can't wait to see and do it all. I wish there were more trips reports to read since I'm not much for suprises. From all that I've read the trip sounds fantastic though.

When DH called to book the trip two weeks ago he was told it was already 1/2 full. I wouldn't be surprised if we're up to the 40-person mark for this trip since the free cruise is thrown in. Have you picked any potential dates for your cruise yet? We're pretty much set on November 21 so we can spend Thanksgiving at WDW when the cruise is over.

:welcome: to DisBoards.

We're booked on the June 20 BSM tour also (DH, DS11, and me along with my BFF). Planning to fly into LAX on June 19 to try and adjust to the 3-hour time change. Following the ABD, we're going to relax and enjoy some more time at DL, staying on DVC points at VGC.

Is this your first ABD? First one for us and I can't wait to see and do it all. I wish there were more trips reports to read since I'm not much for suprises. From all that I've read the trip sounds fantastic though.

When DH called to book the trip two weeks ago he was told it was already 1/2 full. I wouldn't be surprised if we're up to the 40-person mark for this trip since the free cruise is thrown in. Have you picked any potential dates for your cruise yet? We're pretty much set on November 21 so we can spend Thanksgiving at WDW when the cruise is over.

I went on this trip this past June and it was awesome you will have a great time.

I went last January and it was wonderful. There were so many highlights. I think Walt's apartment and Imagineering topped it for me. You'll have a great time.

Hi All -

I am a first time poster and this forum seems terrific! My boyfriend and I just booked ourselves on the June 20 Backstage Magic Adventure. Is anyone else planning to go at this time? Just figured I'd ask and see if there are other crazy planners out there like me!

Thanks!

~Adam

Welcome to the board, adambomb85. I like your screen name. I haven't been on Backstage Magic, but I've been on two other ABD trips, so far, and they have been great. Happy planning!

Well I am looking forward to sharing the adventure with you and your family AStamm! We are flying into LAX on the 20th and staying a post night at the GC and departing the next day. My DBf is not exactly a Disney-fanatic (like me!), but is looking forward to seeing all the behind the scenes tours!

I am a first timer with ABD too! I have read so many wonderful things about this trip that it was just something I had to jump on board with! I have found quite a lot of trip reports and blogs from other sites (I'm not one for surprises either, I enjoy the anticipation). I can send you some links of some excellent blogs if you like!

When we called two weeks ago we were told, with the two of us the trip was over the 60% mark! We are hoping to use the cruise in December 2011 and combine it with a trip to Disney World (my home away from home!).

I hope other adventurers sign on here - always fun to make a connection before travelling together!

Thanks everyone for the great welcome! I am excited to look around the forums more tonight!

We are also booked for the June 20th trip and was told it is 3/4 full. It will be our 3rd ABD trip.

That's great news Soarin'! I think that often times the more the merrier on these trips. Are you a single travellor or are others going to be joining you?

Hi All -

Thanks!

~Adam

My bestfriend, her family and I are heading on that Adventure as well. I can't wait. Backstage Magic is one that I wanted to do for a long time now and it's finally happening!

My bestfriend, her family and I are heading on that Adventure as well. I can't wait. Backstage Magic is one that I wanted to do for a long time now and it's finally happening!

So...to clear up the confusion for anyone coming with us :rotfl:, AStamm (Amy) is me, RStamm (Rick) is my husband, and Birdie1981 (Roberta, aka Birdie) is my best friend. AJ is our son who will be 11 by that time.

I just finished the Backstage Magic tour yesterday, it was so much fun. I am in withdrawals this morning:rotfl: Michael and Jaime were our guides and they were really great. I would take this tour again just to hang out with them some more. We had some bad weather (for California) but that didn't even damper the experience.

I just finished the Backstage Magic tour yesterday, it was so much fun. I am in withdrawals this morning:rotfl: Michael and Jaime were our guides and they were really great. I would take this tour again just to hang out with them some more. We had some bad weather (for California) but that didn't even damper the experience.

How long were your park tickets good for?

Did they give them to you or did your guides take care of it each day?
Our tour will be Sunday till Friday and we have AP's but are blacked out on Saturday and didn't know how long these tickets are good for.

How many fastpasses did they give you at the park and did they have a date on them?

Glad you liked the tour, our time will be here soon.

How long were your park tickets good for?

Did they give them to you or did your guides take care of it each day?
Our tour will be Sunday till Friday and we have AP's but are blacked out on Saturday and didn't know how long these tickets are good for.

How many fastpasses did they give you at the park and did they have a date on them?

Glad you liked the tour, our time will be here soon.

I went last June, the park tickets are given to you when you arrive at the GCH, they are good for 4 days but there is an expiration date on it and that date is the last day of the trip.

I went last June, the park tickets are given to you when you arrive at the GCH, they are good for 4 days but there is an expiration date on it and that date is the last day of the trip.

That was the same for us. We have annual passes but we used the hoppers since they expire on the last day of the trip. They gave us a couple of fast passes the first evening and then 5 on the day of the Disneyland tour and 5 on the day of DCA. They expired on the day given. I'm not sure if it works the same for every tour.

Aren't they the BEST??!!!! They were our Guides in October as well. They both play off each other so well. Were so nice and just did anything for anyone. Very special, those two!!! Glad you had a magical experience. Even with the rain! :-)

P.S. Were you able to see fireworks after the final dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter