August 25 2012

Hey Jeff -
Noticed you got married at the Wedding Pavillion at WDW. So did we!! In 2001. What an awesome experience!

Hey Jeff -
Noticed you got married at the Wedding Pavillion at WDW. So did we!! In 2001. What an awesome experience!

Hi Kaizen,

Yes, we were married at the Wedding Pavilion, the reception was at the Grand Floridian, and then 4 days at the Wilderness Lodge. After WDW we went on a 3 day Disney cruise. A great week!

For our one year anniversary I booked a 7-day DCL Eastern. I always joke that I set the bar a little too high. :rotfl2:

Jeff

wed2.jpg

wed1.jpg

Hi Kaizen,

Yes, we were married at the Wedding Pavilion, the reception was at the Grand Floridian, and then 4 days at the Wilderness Lodge. After WDW we went on a 3 day Disney cruise. A great week!

For our one year anniversary I booked a 7-day DCL Eastern. I was always joke that I set the bar a little too high. :rotfl2:

Jeff

wed2.jpg

wed1.jpg

Beautiful Photos Jeff and Missy! Katherine (or is it Catherine) looks adorable!

Hello everyone! Please add us to the Fantasy roll-call! :goodvibes

It will be myself, DH, DD10 and DD 14. This will be our first Disney cruise. We just came back from our first ever cruise on Carnival two months ago, and now we want to fulfill our dream of doing DCL. I was so excited about the new DCL ships and booked two inside Fantasy rooms on Deck 2 as soon as they opened up bookings.

Looking forward to sharing the wait with you all!

Hi Kaizen,

For our one year anniversary I booked a 7-day DCL Eastern. I always joke that I set the bar a little too high. :rotfl2:

Jeff

wed2.jpg

wed1.jpg
A stunning bridal couple with a beautiful little girl ... and now they are blessed to have a cutie pie named Sarah in their family too. We had a fantastic time hanging out with our new Langdon friends on our recent cruise. So glad that plans are in the works to get together again!!!!princess:

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures Jeff! Was that Reverend Day? I loved that man! He was wonderful! We had our reception at the Grand Floridian as well. Very fond memories of our time there.

A stunning bridal couple with a beautiful little girl ... and now they are blessed to have a cutie pie named Sarah in their family too. We had a fantastic time hanging out with our new Langdon friends on our recent cruise. So glad that plans are in the works to get together again!!!!princess:

Thanks Beth. You're so sweet.

The last 8 years have been pretty wonderful, we have been blessed with many great adventures and friends. Our last cruise was my personal favorite out of the 8 DCL cruises we have been on. A lot of that was due to the fantastic group we had, and I am so glad to see that many of you have booked this cruise, but it was partcularly special because of your family. Your girls are adorable, Steve and you are an absolute pleasure; this photo pretty much sums it all up. We can't wait to see you again.

We miss you much,

Jeff

us.jpg

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures Jeff! Was that Reverend Day? I loved that man! He was wonderful! We had our reception at the Grand Floridian as well. Very fond memories of our time there.

Yes, it was. He was very nice. We have fond memories of him and that special day.

Has anyone seen the new DCL commercial on tv yet? I've seen it twice tonight! The Ship featured in it is the DREAM! Beautiful commercial!!

In other news, I was speaking with my moms BF today. He knows about our gift of the Fantasy Cruise to them, but my mom doesn't know. He told me that today, someone in the group brought up the subject of cruising, and my mother was very verbal about her thoughts on it. She's very negative about cruising (she's NEVER been), and mentioned the Carnival ship from this past weeks news. She swears she will NEVER cruise. He laughed and told me it was really hard for him to not say anything about our surprise, but he didn't. :thumbsup2 So what would you do? I mean I can't tell her about it till Christmas, but then what? Aside from letting her watch the DCL cruiseline video, showing her all our photos, pointing her to these boards...... I can't think of anything else, and there probably isn't. Well, Christmas should be fun, I can hardly wait:rotfl2:

So what deck is everyone on so far? We are on Deck 6 midship. I had really considered those AFT cabins, but really worried about my motion sickness being worse there, plus they are not plexiglass verandahs. I suppose just being on the ship is Fantastic, so if that were the only location I could choose, I'd be happy with it. But I did get to choose, and DH is especially happy with the location. I also wouldn't mind a large porthole room, but we really did get spoiled with a verandah this last cruise!:thumbsup2

i12go2wdw, You can add our names beside my dis name in the roll call. We are Judy, Martyn, Tim 9 at time of sailing and Daniel 15 at time of sailing. And then there is my mom and her BF. I'll wait till she knows about the trip and let her add her own name if I can get her on these boards! We are in staterooms 6082 and 6080.

We are in stateroom 12514. It's my first time in a foreward cabin. We were aft for the last 2 cruises and enjoyed it. Interested in seeing how Deck 12 is.

We have the late dinner. Our kids generally eat quiclly and leave to go to the club and we enjoy a quiet meal.

Trying to figure out if it is worth it to try Remy.

We are in stateroom 12514. It's my first time in a foreward cabin. We were aft for the last 2 cruises and enjoyed it. Interested in seeing how Deck 12 is.

We have the late dinner. Our kids generally eat quiclly and leave to go to the club and we enjoy a quiet meal.

Nice to know I can come here to the DISboard to find out details of our trip :lmao: I'm having a hard time getting excited about this one because I spent so much time planning the last one, I'm still not over the coming home let down...I guess the excitement will come once we actually get closer.

I think we will skip Remy and just try for Palo. At $75.00 per person, I just don't think it is something I want to spend my vacation money on. Also, DH is kind of a plain food kind of guy, and some of the the food being proposed for the Remy menu does not look to me like something he would be very happy eating!

Remy is $75 per person?? Not sure what they are serving but it would have to be extremely spectacular to pay that. I thoroughly enjoyed Palo and would go back again but if it were $75 I would pass. I think we pay enough for the cruise to not warrant an additional $75 on a meal.

Remy is $75 per person?? Not sure what they are serving but it would have to be extremely spectacular to pay that. I thoroughly enjoyed Palo and would go back again but if it were $75 I would pass. I think we pay enough for the cruise to not warrant an additional $75 on a meal.

I think the expense is based upon the fact that it is a food and wine pairings experience. So, I think it is not only the food, but also the wine selections that you are paying for.

Even with that consideration, I don't think this is something that will be on our agenda this time. While I like wine, DH is not a fan.

We will be there too!!!!! Me and my DH have been planning this trip since last year. For our 5th anniversary, we knew we wanted to be on the boat. Our anniversary is on 8-25. No kids on this trip. They have been on 2 disney cruises and been to WDW and other places. Now it is just me and DH.

I'm a little confused about Remy. Where did you all find a menu? Also, I tried reading the description on the DCL site and they say that you will meet with the Somelier before your dinner to choose your wine, but your wine and alcohol is extra?

TIA for your thoughts and input. We will not be booking Remy at $75/pp, but will try and do Palo brunch instead. We did Palo dinner last cruise and DH doesn't feel the need to eat Palo dinner again.

We thoroughly enjoyed Palo and would do that again in a heartbeat. Maybe next time for Remy. I wonder how many cruises you have to do before you can say that you did it all??????? Anyone venture to guess?

We thoroughly enjoyed Palo and would do that again in a heartbeat. Maybe next time for Remy. I wonder how many cruises you have to do before you can say that you did it all??????? Anyone venture to guess?

Don't know, but I would love to try and find out:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter