August 25 2012

:) :):):) Write our names down for this cruise! Beth, DH Steve, DD Skye and DD Hope. The twins will be eight at cruise time. We just got off of the Halloween Magic with Pudo, JKSWonder and threeiscrazy! We had so much fun and can't wait to go again!:):):):)

Hooray!:cool1:

Our numbers are growing, should I start a list of all of us on the first post so we can keep track?
I was sent this link to pictures of the Dream so we can look and see what the new ships will be like http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=145
This is the Dream, it looks so big!!! I love the pictures of the slide, the kids are going to love that.
It sounds like a lot of you guys have already sailed together, which cruise did you take? Did you do any special Dis meets or activities together?

Absolutely, a roll call list sounds great.

A few of us just sailed on the October 30th Western on the Magic. Since it was a Halloween cruise, our cruise meet thread held a private trick or treat on board for the kids. Many of us did the same private excursions together. There was a pirate treasure hunt for the kids on a beach excursion we did. Some people did the Palo brunch together, I think they were able to arrange for the private room. We had a huge a FE exchange, a lot of participants, and we received some great gifts. Someone had also arranged for lanyards for cruisers who wanted them that included our cruise name, logo, and disboards name.

Please add us to the list. Right now we are booked for this cruise. Not sure what will happen, but if we do cruise it will be:

DH, Myself, and DD (13) at the time of travel.

Sorry it's been SOOO long since I logged on but lots has happened. We did make it to Toronto for Halloween and had a great time!! Went to the CN tower, had a drink at the Real Sports Bar and walked around downtown. In between we tagged along to our friend's kids' activities (hockey and figure skating). It went by WAY too fast! We did try the Wunderbar and Smarties. I am now officially addicted to the Coffee Crisp bar. Good thing Alexa doesn't like the taste of mocha or there would have been a battle in the Terry house!

We have a two week old (today) baby in the house for the next few weeks. Nothing like interrupted sleep! Also went to a funeral for a 16 y.o. that used to go to Alexa's school. Very sad and unexpected.

Has anyone checked to see that the inside rooms are now MORE money than the verandahs? I think this virtual porthole thing is way more popular than was expected. Alexa is worried that we are going to switch to a verandah. She wants to see all the cool things floating by the virtual window.

Take care everyone!

Add my family to the Roll Call! Jeff, Jane, Sheri and Beth, SO HAPPY TO JOIN YOU ONCE AGAIN!! Although it's not quite Official as in the deposit made, the Decision itself is firm. My Dream Cancellation is going through today, but TA said it will take 10 to 14 days for the refund to come through onto my Credit Card. Well, According to Sandie, I can't wait that long to book and I agree with her. So I'll be doing that this afternoon, (checking my account, and making a deposit). Do you think THIS Christmas is too soon to surprise the rest of the family with it, or should I wait till next Christmas?

Anyone else surprising their Family with this cruise?

As for Canadian Chocolate... just ask the above mentioned people what I give in FE gifts!! If we run an FE, I give out regular sized Canadain Chocolate Bars and Smarties. But the lesson I learned after last weeks cruise?.... Never put the Chocolate in Checked luggage!!! It sat in the Sun for a while before getting on board, and some had gotten soft and mishaped. I'm sure they still tasted great though!! :thumbsup2

Yippee--welcome Judy and family!!! This meet group will benefit greatly from Judy's DISigning talent as all of us on the Halloween Magic cruise of last week can attest!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

What is everyone doing about the dining and show time popcorn::choices?

I picked main dining and the 9:00 show. My thought was the twins would not want to eat late and we also did not want to rush back from an excursion to get to the 5:00 show. I figured that it would be better if they fell asleep at the show instead of in their plates!

I picked main dining and the 9:00 show. My thought was the twins would not want to eat late and we also did not want to rush back from an excursion to get to the 5:00 show. I figured that it would be better if they fell asleep at the show instead of in their plates!

Hey Beth,

Absolutely, we have the 9:00 PM show and will keep it for exactly the same reasons you mentioned.

Jeff

Ditto. I've heard some people for the Dream indicate they have a 6pm dining time. Is DCL staggering the dining times?
I am going to gift this cruise to the rest of the family (my kids and mom) this Christmas afterall, even though it'll be another Christmas and 7 1/2 months away. I'll give the gifts in stages, each a clue as to the REAL gift. The first one I think will be a Card with One Big I mean BIG Number on the Front. That number will be the number of days to the sail date. The inside of the card will read something like "days till.......". Another clue will be a rubber duck tied to a bottle of water (my kids may actually figure it all out with THAT one, so that will have to be one of the later gifts) So all this will keep me busy and exicited till Christmas, but then what? A whole year and 7 1/2 months to wait beyond then.
One good thing though, is the TA noticed my family has a couple of Birthdays in August and asked if we'd like to celebrate them on board!!!! AWESOME!

Last weeks cruise was for the DH and myself, a celebration of 20 years of marriage this year. I had told my former TA that, but nothing was done on board. On the 3rd last night on board, I told our assistant server, and she said she would arrange to have a celebration cake brought out the next night. It never happened. I suppose she forgot, and I didn't want to damper the atmosphere, or make her feel bad about it (in reality I should have told the Head Server about it anyway). Not a big deal as it was an AWESOME cruise with or without a special cake :thumbsup2

OK, I started a roll call on the first page, if you want more info posted next to your name just fill me in on what should be there, we could add in our room number too if you want, kinda fun knowing your neighbours!!
I can't believe how many people are already signed up 22 months out, this is going to be a looooong thread!!

So what deck is everyone on so far? We are on Deck 6 midship. I had really considered those AFT cabins, but really worried about my motion sickness being worse there, plus they are not plexiglass verandahs. I suppose just being on the ship is Fantastic, so if that were the only location I could choose, I'd be happy with it. But I did get to choose, and DH is especially happy with the location. I also wouldn't mind a large porthole room, but we really did get spoiled with a verandah this last cruise!:thumbsup2

i12go2wdw, You can add our names beside my dis name in the roll call. We are Judy, Martyn, Tim 9 at time of sailing and Daniel 15 at time of sailing. And then there is my mom and her BF. I'll wait till she knows about the trip and let her add her own name if I can get her on these boards! We are in staterooms 6082 and 6080.

So what deck is everyone on so far? We are on Deck 6 midship. I had really considered those AFT cabins, but really worried about my motion sickness being worse there, plus they are not plexiglass verandahs. I suppose just being on the ship is Fantastic, so if that were the only location I could choose, I'd be happy with it. But I did get to choose, and DH is especially happy with the location. I also wouldn't mind a large porthole room, but we really did get spoiled with a verandah this last cruise!:thumbsup2

i12go2wdw, You can add our names beside my dis name in the roll call. We are Judy, Martyn, Tim 9 at time of sailing and Daniel 15 at time of sailing. And then there is my mom and her BF. I'll wait till she knows about the trip and let her add her own name if I can get her on these boards! We are in staterooms 6082 and 6080.
We are in 10084. I noticed the price went up at least $300 from a week ago! Check out a thread by HallsofVa on the dream rooms...seems like those aft rooms might have solid walls only up to about the shin with the rest plexiglass. I didn't notice the rocking in the aft on the higher decks, but did notice it on the lower ones when I was delivering FE stuff...

We are in stateroom 7162, Deck 7. It's a Cat. 5C, more mid-ship than aft. I had the same concerns as Judy about the aft cabins (DH Mike and DD are prone to sea sickness). On this last cruise, they were all fine until the very last night when the rocking finally took it's toll on Mike. And me, lovely wife that I am, had packed all the sea sickness meds in our luggage that had been given to DCL that night. I thought since we didn't take any all week, we were safe. I felt awful. :guilty:

We choose main dining and the 9pm show also. I didn't want to have to rush around to make a 5pm show, and both kids have the ability to do a 9pm show. They just can't eat too late.

I had moved this reservation from a dummy booking I had made in 2009. This summer, my grandmother passed away. My mother had lived with her, but now she is moving in with us. I had not included her in our reservation, because at the time, there was no way she could leave my grandmother for 7 days at sea. Now, I would like her to come. I'm wondering if I should try for a cabin for five, or book a separate cabin for her and possibly my niece, age 11, who I think my Mom would love to take with her. If I booked a separate cabin though, it would be like a brand new booking (no OBC, no 10% deposit). Advice, anyone?

We are in a Cat 4A on deck 10, stateroom 10102. I was thinking about a Cat 3, but it is $10,600 so I don't think we'll do a suite this time. Sandie talked me into connecting Cat 4As which gives us almost the same square footage as a Cat 3 for $3k less.

Having 2 cabins will give us double the OBC ($600) and the ability to add more people, up to 10, if we need to. If we get the connecting Cat 4As I'll update the stateroom numbers.

Rollcall: Jeff (DH) Missy (DW) Catherine (DD - 19) and Sarah (DD - 8). Ages are time of sailing.

This will be a 10th DCL cruise, our 9th is on the Dream on 08/16/11.

Jeff

We are in stateroom 7162, Deck 7. It's a Cat. 5C, more mid-ship than aft. I had the same concerns as Judy about the aft cabins (DH Mike and DD are prone to sea sickness). On this last cruise, they were all fine until the very last night when the rocking finally took it's toll on Mike. And me, lovely wife that I am, had packed all the sea sickness meds in our luggage that had been given to DCL that night. I thought since we didn't take any all week, we were safe. I felt awful. :guilty:

We choose main dining and the 9pm show also. I didn't want to have to rush around to make a 5pm show, and both kids have the ability to do a 9pm show. They just can't eat too late.

I had moved this reservation from a dummy booking I had made in 2009. This summer, my grandmother passed away. My mother had lived with her, but now she is moving in with us. I had not included her in our reservation, because at the time, there was no way she could leave my grandmother for 7 days at sea. Now, I would like her to come. I'm wondering if I should try for a cabin for five, or book a separate cabin for her and possibly my niece, age 11, who I think my Mom would love to take with her. If I booked a separate cabin though, it would be like a brand new booking (no OBC, no 10% deposit). Advice, anyone?

But you could use the Friends and family certificate that Pudo posted, If it can be used by more than one family, and get a $200.00 OBC. Would that come close to saving 10% along with a $100.00 OBC if using a TA that offers one (like Pudo's):thumbsup2

I just talked to my mom's BF, asking him if he and my mom (without mentioning a word of this to my mom) would prefer a Sept 2011 Bahamian Cruise in a Window Cabin for 4 nights, or this 2012 Eastern Caribbean Cruise in a verandah Cabin for 7 nights. Ya I know I already cancelled them on the Dream and booked them on this one, but then thought, well I can change it again, Keep my own immediate family on this one and book just them, myself and Tim on the 4 night Dream (That there would cost less than the two of them alone on the Fantasy). But cost doesn't matter when it comes to my mom. It's her enjoyment that matters the most to me. He mentioned what I already know, that my mom doesn't think she'd like cruising. LOL, but she's NEVER been, and he agrees with me. She thinks she doesn't like what she doesn't know about, but in reality, if she were to experience it, she would LOVE it! And he thinks the Verandah on a 7 night would be Fantastic. He asked how much it it and I wouldn't tell. I told him "I'm not telling you that because this is our Gift to you and my mom". He was very pleasantly Surprised. So the Fantasy it is. I'm still trying to scrape the funds together to take Tim on the Dream next Sept. Just the two of us, I think that would be awesome. Daniel wouldn't have his nose too much out of joint, as he will understand it's a school issue for him, and he WILL be on the Fantasy in 2012.

It's only $1,300.00 to take just Tim next year, so maybe I'll do that for his birthday. I can Dream right? And then, do I drive alone or definately fly? I'm gonna go with flying I think, for just two, it can't be that much! Then DCL transfers, better if just two to go with that vs renting a car? Maybe maybe. I think for $2000.00 total, TIM and I can do this trip next Sept. We won't need to spend extra onboard, it's only for 4 nights. I think maybe.........:wizard:

As for Canadian Chocolate... just ask the above mentioned people what I give in FE gifts!! If we run an FE, I give out regular sized Canadain Chocolate Bars and Smarties. But the lesson I learned after last weeks cruise?.... Never put the Chocolate in Checked luggage!!! It sat in the Sun for a while before getting on board, and some had gotten soft and mishaped. I'm sure they still tasted great though!! :thumbsup2

Coffee Crisp, please!!!!:worship:

Coffee Crisp, please!!!!:worship:

Another vote for Coffee Crisp here! Down to my last 2 in the Halloween stash:eek:

We are on Deck 2 thus far. I, too, like Main Dining and the 9pm show. It seems SO far off right now but I know the time will fly by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter