AUGUST 2017 Car rental watch

Anybody ever use Payless? I can get 14 days Aug 19 to Sep 2 for $262 from the airport for a fullsize car through carrentalsavers.com. This is by far the cheapest I have seen for an in-terminal rental but I am hesitant to go ahead with this as I am completely unfamiliar with the company.

Anybody ever use Payless? I can get 14 days Aug 19 to Sep 2 for $262 from the airport for a fullsize car through carrentalsavers.com. This is by far the cheapest I have seen for an in-terminal rental but I am hesitant to go ahead with this as I am completely unfamiliar with the company.
I saw that too and then googled ... The reviews are very poor

Well, we pick up our 15 day, standard size rental from Alamo in 2 days. I am booked at $424, that same rental today is $852, :crazy2: and that's with the AP discount! I am done checking. I have no idea what's up with the rental prices this year. I'm just glad I grabbed that price many months ago.

Well, we pick up our 15 day, standard size rental from Alamo in 2 days. I am booked at $424, that same rental today is $852, :crazy2: and that's with the AP discount! I am done checking. I have no idea what's up with the rental prices this year. I'm just glad I grabbed that price many months ago.
Yep.. I am shocked that they aren't coming down at all and that none of the old tips and tricks are working. I got worried when I saw that nobody in the July thread saw the last minute drops that usually happen right before a trip.
I have a sneaking suspicion we are stuck at $444 for our 11 day Enterprise van rental. I could find a much better rate if I wasn't stuck with having to get a van.. but it is what it is, as we have 7 people for the first week.

In the end.. we are all on our way to Disney so there's the silver lining! I hope you have great weather and a magical trip!! :)

Yep.. I am shocked that they aren't coming down at all and that none of the old tips and tricks are working. I got worried when I saw that nobody in the July thread saw the last minute drops that usually happen right before a trip.
I have a sneaking suspicion we are stuck at $444 for our 11 day Enterprise van rental. I could find a much better rate if I wasn't stuck with having to get a van.. but it is what it is, as we have 7 people for the first week.

In the end.. we are all on our way to Disney so there's the silver lining! I hope you have great weather and a magical trip!! :)
Thank you! I hope you have a magical vacation as well!

I was amazed to see Dollar's lock-low-and-go thing for about $128 all inclusive for a full week at LAX. That was a prepaid rate, but even so, I was tempted to do it. Ultimately I decided to reserve at the "pay later" rate of about $166. That still represents a major improvement over my existing Budget reservation. As departure day looms, if that Dollar prepaid rate is still showing, I suppose I'll pull the trigger on it. With any luck, Dollar Express membership will save me from a huge wait at the counter.

My reservation with Alamo using the Costco and free upgrade with the Alamo insiders went down 30 dollars. Dates from Friday to Sunday, pick and drop off at Dolphin. I also like that I will get my SW points from renting with a Southwest partner.

I am so upset at these rental car prices....I did see a slight drop but I am still holding with my Alamo reservation of $463 thru Costco.:sick:

Just picked up a Budget rental for $306 for 2 wks Aug 19 to Sept 2 for a fullsize car through Costco......the winner!!! I could have snagged it for $280 if I paid up front but I am still keeping my options open just in case.

Last edited:
Do you need to have Costco membership in order to book with the Costco Travel website?

Thanks. I don't have Costo membership.

What codes is everyone using with Alamo?

I am using the Costco ID 7014627 and coupon code AD2823JAZ. If you book through the Costco Travel site you will have to enter your membership card number as @pigletto said above but you can enter the codes directly through the Alamo site as well without having to enter card information. I have a Costco membership so I always make sure I bring my card with me but TBH I don't think I've ever been asked to show the card. Other people have posted that they've been asked for the card. At this point, Budget is still the cheapest option for me but that was also with Costco BCD Code: W852802 and Coupon Code: MUGZ057 ($15 off) and the price has risen significantly since I booked my rate ($175) a couple of weeks ago. I booked that one through the Budget site and didn't need to enter the Costco Card information.

I think the Alamo site now requires a Costco membership number when using the Costco ID. It asked me for it when I was reserving my car a couple of weeks ago.

A couple more codes to try are Alamo: AD2365FDN ($30 off), and Budget: MUGZ070 ($25 off).

I am using the Costco ID 7014627 and coupon code AD2823JAZ. If you book through the Costco Travel site you will have to enter your membership card number as @pigletto said above but you can enter the codes directly through the Alamo site as well without having to enter card information. I have a Costco membership so I always make sure I bring my card with me but TBH I don't think I've ever been asked to show the card. Other people have posted that they've been asked for the card....

Actually, the Alamo site does have a place for the Costco member number, but I don't think they require its entry. When you get to the "Almost done..." page, where you enter your name, email and flight info, there's an entry under Additional Information for Member Number. That's where you're supposed to put your Costco member number. While its true that Alamo at MCO doesn't usually check for it, they're certainly entitled to do so. If you use the Costco Contract ID, I'd definitely be sure to bring your Costco membership card along.

When you get to the "Almost done..." page, where you enter your name, email and flight info, there's an entry under Additional Information for Member Number. That's where you're supposed to put your Costco member number.

Oops! I didn't realize that was where I was supposed to enter my Costco Membership number. I had entered my Alamo Insiders number there instead. It went through ok so I assumed that's what they were looking for. Now I know.

Just picked up our standard rental from Alamo. Chose from the full size aisle. Lots of minivans in the full size aisle if anyone might be hoping to see one in the full size aisle.

Does anyone know if you return the car late with Alamo?

Do they charge you an extra day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter