august 2013 codes for rental cars?

I'm not "blaming" Alamo, but I think you misunderstood my complaint. I like good customer service as well, however, the majority of the conversations that were held right in front of me at the rental counter were not about the car rental, but was small talk and laughter in general, so my comment wasn't harsh. It was saying that although Alamo tries to show that they care about their customers, they are overindulging in unnecessary small talk. I know I'm not the only customer who has experienced this lol. And the garage outside asked me to go the the counter inside :-/, not sure what happened there.

Sadly, customers do not show a lot of consideration when they start chatting away like they are the only ones in line. Again, sadly, the employee is not allowed to cut a customer short and has to indulge the customer in this small talk. There really is no way to shut a customer off and go to the next one. If you ask a customer if there is anything more they can do for you and said customer keeps on talking, then the agent has to listen. I don't think the agent is overindulging, I think it is the customer with the lack of regard for others is the culprit. To cut off a customer is considered rude and that is poor customers service. Not sure if you have ever worked in a customer centric profession, but, that is a pretty universal rule. Sorry the line did not move as quickly as you thought it should. Hopefully, you were not terribly inconvienanced. Not sure why you were sent inside unless the mgr. in the garage was not available, but, then again, I don't know what your problem was, so, I should not have commented on that.

No, you cannot have the exit agent make the correction. If you find that to be the case after you use the kiosk, the counter or the booth in the garage can make the adjustments. There is always a manager in the garage.
Alamo does not charge for a no show.
You can select a vehicle and put your suitcases in it. Lock the vehicle and take the keys with you and go use the kiosk. This is not usually appreciated by other renters, but, there is no rule against it. You can explain what you are trying to do to the greeter in the garage and they will assist you as best they can.
Make sure you print out the reservation confirmations before you leave home.
As to cancelling, as a courtesy, I would cancel it at the booth in the garage. It holds up the exit booth unnecessarily when you try to make changes, adjustments or additions while there and it does upset other customers who have waited in line and who just want to be on their way.

Thank you!
Yes, I was getting the exit attendant and the booth in the garage confused. Good to know it can be handled at the booth. Hopefully, it will go smoothly at the kiosk. We've used them before and have had no issues. :goodvibes
I figured we'd leave some of our party at the vehicle while we use the kiosk. I'd feel better with cancelling the other reservation. If not at the booth, I'll go online while we're driving to the world - it's pretty quick and easy online (but will try at the booth first).
Thanks for you input. :thumbsup2

Sadly, customers do not show a lot of consideration when they start chatting away like they are the only ones in line. Again, sadly, the employee is not allowed to cut a customer short and has to indulge the customer in this small talk. There really is no way to shut a customer off and go to the next one. If you ask a customer if there is anything more they can do for you and said customer keeps on talking, then the agent has to listen. I don't think the agent is overindulging, I think it is the customer with the lack of regard for others is the culprit. To cut off a customer is considered rude and that is poor customers service. Not sure if you have ever worked in a customer centric profession, but, that is a pretty universal rule. Sorry the line did not move as quickly as you thought it should. Hopefully, you were not terribly inconvienanced. Not sure why you were sent inside unless the mgr. in the garage was not available, but, then again, I don't know what your problem was, so, I should not have commented on that.

Yea...we're not gonna agree on this one (shrugs) lol. Anyhoo, like I stated earlier, the line wasn't moving sufficiently not only because of the customer's small talk, but also due in part to the employees. Yes, I have worked in a customer centric profession for many years and there are definitely ways to keep the conversation moving forward without it coming across as rude. I don't suggest cutting a customer off, but I don't encourage excessive small talk in lieu of conducting business efficiently which is exactly what was happening. I've had my share of waiting around and yes it sucks. However, I accept waiting when it's justified, but it wasn't in this case in particular.

Anyone else still on here watching rates? I leave Saturday and I'm still watching. It's been steady at $136 for the past week for a standard at Alamo for 8/31-9/7.

Anyone else still on here watching rates? I leave Saturday and I'm still watching. It's been steady at $136 for the past week for a standard at Alamo for 8/31-9/7.

Are you a Costco member if so you could get a fullsize at Budget for $102 Pre Pay, standard is a couple bucks less.

I'm still here with ya! :thumbsup2
Alamo had a dip in price a few days ago but they didn't continue that trend. I am "satisfied" with my rate on a standard/full size, but would like to see the minivan price drop (a lot). Yesterday and today my rates are up a little and holding steady. But, I'm still keeping an eye on them and hoping for a little lower. I'll probably be checking right up until the morning we leave.

People do the double booking, unfortunately, all the time and they do "try on cars for size" often and they also take a vehicle, load it up and go inside.
The greeter just asks what they have rented and shows them the proper row. If the renter holds two ressies and tells the greeter what their intent is, they will assist in anyway possible.

Interesting, that surprises me. I always thought you needed to have the rental contract in hand (meaning fully checked in) before messing with the cars...

Interesting, that surprises me. I always thought you needed to have the rental contract in hand (meaning fully checked in) before messing with the cars...

Nope, sadly not. Unless the greeter sees the contract in your hand, they only ask what your rented and then they show you were the appropriate row is. Sometimes customers walk right past the greeters and go where they are supposed to. I'll tell you, Richmo, I could write a book about customers at National and Alamo. I have met some wonderful people and some downright idiots who were rude to the point of me almost losing my temper. Breathe deep and count to ten (sometimes 50). :)

Nope, sadly not. Unless the greeter sees the contract in your hand, they only ask what your rented and then they show you were the appropriate row is. Sometimes customers walk right past the greeters and go where they are supposed to. I'll tell you, Richmo, I could write a book about customers at National and Alamo. I have met some wonderful people and some downright idiots who were rude to the point of me almost losing my temper. Breathe deep and count to ten (sometimes 50). :)

Have to agree with you there. Reminds me of the time years ago when my kids were little; to make the story short, I needed to make two trips to the car. I talked to the Alamo greeter at MCO and explained my situation. He was very nice about it and told me to go ahead and put the stuff I had for the first trip in the car and take the keys and lock it up. Then I went back into the terminal to collect my family and the rest of our luggage, strollers, etc. I was gone from the car maybe 5 minutes. When I returned, another customer was furious with me for "claiming" the car (btw, there were plenty of cars in the row to choose from). When I pretty much ignored him, he turned his wrath on the greeter. I think he finally stormed off (don't remember where) and I apologized to the greeter, thinking maybe I did something wrong. He just shook his head and said every once in awhile he gets one of those.

Woo hoo - rate drop on our standard/full size car!!!! 15 days + 2 hours = $234.54 (previous low = $257.80). A $23 savings this late in the game - WOW!!! :cool1:

Minivan is still high (we could rent 2 full size for less). Still hoping it drops and we can just go with it.

We leave in about 37 hours for the airport. No movement on our rental in almost a week. Thinking I've gotten as low as I'm gonna get:(

It seems as if the bulk of guests are flying into mco. We are flying into Sanford. Only been there once and don't recall Alamo having a kiosk there. Does anyone know if they do or is there no way to bypass the counter

What codes did u use- mine is still showing $141 for 8-30 thru 9-7 full size

I used the Insiders and AD2492ACX - United Airlines MileagePlus

Save $30 Off Your Rental

Reserve any size car in the United States, Latin America or Caribbean.
Valid for a rental of at least 5 days with a Saturday overnight keep.
Valid through 12/31/15

I used the Insiders and AD2492ACX - United Airlines MileagePlus

Save $30 Off Your Rental

Reserve any size car in the United States, Latin America or Caribbean.
Valid for a rental of at least 5 days with a Saturday overnight keep.
Valid through 12/31/15

Ok I'm using the $30 visa - annual pass holders code and logging in as an insider but still keep coming up at $141

Have to agree with you there. Reminds me of the time years ago when my kids were little; to make the story short, I needed to make two trips to the car. I talked to the Alamo greeter at MCO and explained my situation. He was very nice about it and told me to go ahead and put the stuff I had for the first trip in the car and take the keys and lock it up. Then I went back into the terminal to collect my family and the rest of our luggage, strollers, etc. I was gone from the car maybe 5 minutes. When I returned, another customer was furious with me for "claiming" the car (btw, there were plenty of cars in the row to choose from). When I pretty much ignored him, he turned his wrath on the greeter. I think he finally stormed off (don't remember where) and I apologized to the greeter, thinking maybe I did something wrong. He just shook his head and said every once in awhile he gets one of those.

I used to get that "tude" from the EC members who have, a lot of the time, this amazing entitlement mentality. IMHO, if someone needs to pack stuff in the car and return to the terminal, it's no big deal. I caught a lot of flack for this and I would respond by saying, pretend the car is not longer there. I told customers who wanted to do this to put the rental contract on the dash, lock the car and go do whatever they needed to do. Sadly, by making one customer happy it totally pi**ed of another. Cannot win them all.
As I said, I could write a book. ;)

Ok I'm using the $30 visa - annual pass holders code and logging in as an insider but still keep coming up at $141

Different codes have different rates. Rates change all the time, sometimes minute to minute. You are also renting for one more day longer than that other poster. Her is 8/31-9/7 your is 8/30-9/7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter