Atlanta meet maybe--short notice **Pictures added 11/23 page 7**

Thanks disnut for letting us know about the game! We won't leave the house until around 4 so we should be fine I hope. See everyone there. Buckhead Cheesecake Factory 5:00. Sound good?

Debbie, I called you! Left a message but not sure I had the right number. Hope I didn't call too early.

I hope that everyone has a good time tonite--do to things happening around the house today I will not be able to come tonite--

I am going to try again for tomorrow :paw:

What a horrendous day I've had...

I lost my wallet during the move stuff and now I'm having to close all my accounts and start from scratch...ugh...

Sorry I can't make it guys. It's been a crappy week.... ;(

After PM-ing lots of you to "rally the troops" I won't be able to make it myself to Sidelines tonight. A horrendous head cold hit me this weekend. So for my sake and yours, we'll not be there. Maybe next time . . .

Belle1962 said:
Also--can someone post specific directions (for the directionally challenged) to Sidelines for Monday? I get off work in ATL at 4:00 so SHOULD be able to be there by 6:00 :rotfl: (if any unforseen items don't pop up)

Yeah, I see a two hour commute for you out of Atlanta to Sidelines. Especially since it's overcast today. "What? I need headlights this morning? I don't know what to do so I'll just crawl along the interstate". Sorry, just a frustrated Atlanta commuter.

Directions to Sidelines. I'm guessing you are going to be on GA400. Then it's really easy. Just get off at Haynes Bridge Road (I believe it's Exit 9 but it's the next one north of Mansel). You'll want to go right off the exit ramp and I think there's two right turn lanes so you'll want to be in the left right turn lane (if that makes sense but if you are from this area, it probably does). After the right turn, get into the left lane. At the next light, you will want to turn left. It'll be a "shopping center" with a Best Buy, Joanne Fabric, and Staples. After making that left, you'll want the first right into what you think is No Man's Land. Sidelines will be a little towards the left but you are basically in their parking lot.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!

I’ve Mapquested my directions, and I’m all set. :)

In case anyone needs it, I’ll have my company cell with me today – 770-316-0734 (Dan, I won’t have the personal cell with my today).

I am going to give it a try. I think I can get out of here in time... we will see.

Its was nice to meet you all tonight. With so many of us in the area we should have meets here more often! :cool1:

Same here! We had a great time and look forward to the next meet! :banana:

Great seeing y'all tonight as well as last night. :cool1: I really had a nice time both evenings, real nice southern hospitality at its best...good food, good friends. Now make sure you guys get together more often as said above, there are so many of you here in the Atlanta area. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo And so nice to finally meet Pete after seeing him here for so many years. :wave: Great to meet you all, and seeing again those I have met in the past.

Again, thanks for fun 2 great evenings. :wave2:

PS: I'll get up a few pictures when I have the time too, maybe when I get back home.

I'm so sorry I missed the meet. I'm sure it was lots of fun.

imadisneyholic said:
Its was nice to meet you all tonight. With so many of us in the area we should have meets here more often! :cool1:
That would be fun :Pinkbounc I had a great time getting to meet everyone tonight. Specially Pete! What a cutie batootie he is.

It was wonderful meeting most of you for the first time and wonderful seeing Dan and Larry again as well. I really had a great time! We have to do this more often. :)

:moped: The first ever DIS meet in a parking lot!

I had a great time, but we did start at an out of business resturant.

Hope to see you guys again soon! :cool1:

Eeyore, er, I mean Rich and I had a great time too. Next time, though, I will make sure the damn place we're meeting at is still in business! But Copeland's was a nice substitute and right next door. And hopefully GA400 won't have a mad guy jumping on cars in the middle of rush hour.

We definitely have to do this again. Maybe after the holidays?

disnut8 said:
We definitely have to do this again. Maybe after the holidays?

Sounds good to me... we might even aim up towards Gwinett since we had LOTS of folks from up that way??

Anyway, sorry it took me so long to realize who you were... I love your trip reports and have you to "blame" for my Off Kilter obsession LOL!

I am happy to hear everyone had a great time -- I was not able to make it do to my time crunching schedule -- hopefully next time though!

and if anyone wants to go xmas shopping just let me know!

I posted this on the CB also, thought good here too...........

After a Saturday night DIS meet in Chicago, I was off to Atlanta for a 2 part business meeting, first part on Monday, and then the second part, Tuesday through Thursday. I was able to come in a day early on Sunday, relax a bit, do a smaller DIS meet that night, and then after Monday’s business, another meet on Monday night. So, three meets in 3 days!!! :faint:

IMG_0301.jpg

We did not take a lot of pictures at the first meet, but sure did get our share of gabbing in, LOL.

On Sunday, we got together at the Cheesecake Factory (yum), and what a nice place for a visit. In the picture above, mommie2angels (Kelli) and hubby, Mike, with their 3 girls, Michala, Marlee Anne and Mary Elizabeth (I think I have the correct order there). And what super girls they are. So nice to meet up with you guys. Oh, and I am on the right, blue shirt. :teeth:

IMG_0302.jpg

As I said, we did not take a lot of picture, and had to get this one of Rafiki, Rafiki, Rafiki (Paige) and her family, hubby, Jeff, and children, Sarah, Hannah and Megan, on their way out. They had come all the way to Atlanta from home in Mississippi, on a dual mission, picking up a new pet parrot (is that the correct bird type, Paige?) as well as coming to the DIS meet. I have known Paige for lots of years here on the DIS (old-time, late night chatters, LOL) and it was nice to finally meet her and family in person.

IMG_0303.jpg

And here again is Kelli and Marlee Anne (posing for the camera, LOL), shorting before we went our ways at the end of the evening. We all sure had a nice time, lots of great conversation, good food. Nice meeting everyone, Kelli, you and Mike, along with your 3 super girls, Paige, after all these years, along with Jeff and your 3 super girls (Hmmmmm, I think Mike, Jeff and I were outnumbered by the ladies that night). :goodvibes

IMG_0305.jpg

Then on to the meet on Monday evening. After a little bit of confusion, with our first choice of restaurants having been found closed and out of business, and me being a bit late because of some ‘car-hood-jumping-nutcase on the interstate, we all arrived at the new restaurant (can’t recall the name now, but it was good).

(Hope I get the names correct, if not, let me know).

From the left above, Poohkie (Tara), ead79 (Elisabeth), imadisneyholic (Stephanie) and hubby, Mike, Pete’s Mom (Sheila) and of course, Pete (he was a hit with all the adults, LOL), and CarolA (Carol) hiding Hugsquared (Kelley) a bit.

IMG_0306.jpg

Thought a close up of Pete (we all know Pete as looking like this (below left), like Peter Pan, never growing older) would be nice (not sure if Pete agrees, LOL). Real nice young man there, Sheila.

Pete

IMG_0307.jpg

Going around the table here (check all the great dishes of food in the next few pictures); we have Elisabeth, Stephanie, Mike and Sheila.

IMG_0309.jpg

Larry’s Girl (Susan)(Tara’s mom), Tara and Elisabeth (doing homework???)

IMG_0310.jpg

Mike, Sheila, Pete and Carol (trying to levitate the table)

IMG_0311.jpg

From the right, Disnut8 (Sheri) and hubby, Rich (Rich finally did say us DIS nuts (in addition to his wife) were all pretty good), and on the left, Jilliebean’s (Jill) hubby

IMG_0312.jpg

From the left here, Pete (hiding under a take-home container), our waiter, then Kelley, Carol, Jill and her hubby.

IMG_0313.jpg

Again, Carol (toasting the fact she did levitate the table), Jill and hubby, and Rich.

IMG_0314.jpg

A family shot here, dad, GoofyLarry46 (Larry), mom, Susan, and daughter, Tara. Elisabeth and Stephanie far right.

IMG_0317.jpg

Sheila and again, a very happy Pete....I think he was happy the meet was close to over, LOL…..J/K, Pete it was great, so nice to have met you finally, Pete, having seen you for many years here in mom's signature :wave: )

IMG_0318.jpg

And then one last picture, ending the DIS meets in Atlanta, from the right, Stephanie, Elisabeth, Tara and Susan.​

Just a big thanks to all of you guys, Sunday and Monday both, for all your wonderful, fabled (and true) southern hospitality. Hope we can do it again, I am sure I will be back. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter