Are you an alcohol snob?

For Me….I don’t drink often, but when I do, I do like certain beer brands and would be bummed if they weren’t available.

For my DH….he also doesn’t drink often, but when he does, he is very particular with his vodka - he will not drink cheap vodka.

I usually just drink Bacardi white rum. I don't think I'm a snob it's just my preference. :)

I have preferences, but am not going to turn something down if offered. And certainly not going to bring my own stuff along on vacation or anything like that. I've heard others that have done that, though - it's usually an all-inclusive and, like the OP, seems like it's a specific American beer, like Bud or Miller.

Also, like others have said, I do tend to lean towards trying the local beer or spirits when I'm somewhere that I haven't been to before.

I have my preferences, but I won't turn down a non-preferred brand if offered. I'm totally fine with making do with what's available.

I like Bombay gin because of its square bottle and the picture of a resting BF Victoria on it, but I really can’t tell the difference between it and any other gin.

View attachment 779401
And I like Beefeater for similar reasons, but I can usually tell the difference.
GUEST_920551cb-d3f5-41ee-8437-2f1d26ebac31

In reply to the part about bringing your own. I will DEFINITELY bring my own wine if I am going somewhere that I know the only thing available will be some gross white zinfandel (I hate pink wines), homemade sangria, or they will have a kiddie pool filled with ice and cans of Milwaukee's Best :rotfl2:

I wonder if snobs did a blind taste test of say 5 different brands if they could identify their brand. I often think a snobs preference has more to do with the name than a true taste preference.
Maybe with some (though not all) types of hard liquor that might be true bit isn't the case at all with beer IMO. I couldn't care less about the name of a good stout or porter, it's about the taste. Guinness is a go to because it's what most places will have but I have had so many better tasting less known or never really known brands or varieties.

It depends. I'm a true vodka snob as I will only drink Polish, French or Ukrainian vodka and will turn down anything else (don't even mention Titos). I also tend to prefer German brandy. So I guess I am a booze snob.

Part of traveling to me is trying new beers I may not be able to get where I'm at and logging them on untappd! But I do have a friend who only drinks bud light so when we go out places she'll drink white wine if her bud isn't available, but she'd never cause a scene!

My only snobbery is if I'm in the mood for a martini and its made with vodka and not gin, YUCK!

Part of traveling to me is trying new beers I may not be able to get where I'm at and logging them on untappd!
Yes!! Trips are planned with lunch & dinner at local breweries. Just under 1400 different beer check-ins. Hope to cross that by the end of summer.

With alcohol, not so much as we're not huge drinkers. I do buy Tito's only for our house stash, but when we're out I'm usually asking the server what they recommend for drinks so it varies a lot.

Soda is a different story though. My husband is a hard core Dr Pepper guy. Occasionally, someone will try to hand him a Mr Pibb and he has actually called them out on it and made them take it back. I've known people to be picky over water too and they will carry cases with them on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter