Are You 23?

I never got the email?? did anybody else???

Also, i wonder if they will have a D23 Expo at WDW... sad that i wont be able to make the first one in Sept in Calif.

sheeesh, disney are masters of undeserved hype arent they? all that anticipation for a silly magazine? who needs magazines anymore when you got the internet?

I never got the email?? did anybody else???

Also, i wonder if they will have a D23 Expo at WDW... sad that i wont be able to make the first one in Sept in Calif.

Same. :(

sheeesh, disney are masters of undeserved hype arent they? all that anticipation for a silly magazine? who needs magazines anymore when you got the internet?

Well, it's about what I expected in price and offers. It seems that the magazine is going to be a pretty artistic collectors item by itself. The D23 Site says "Individual issues retail for $15.95". So that's $63.80 right there if it's that good of a publication. Then I'm paying some $11 for everything else.

Well, it's about what I expected in price and offers. It seems that the magazine is going to be a pretty artistic collectors item by itself. The D23 Site says "Individual issues retail for $15.95". So that's $63.80 right there if it's that good of a publication. Then I'm paying some $11 for everything else.

am glad to hear that someone else is doing the math like I am.

I went to Disneyshopping.com and purchased my D23 membership for $79.49 total. :cheer2:
The membership includes a one year subscription to Twenty Three! There are member only items available for purchase on the site, also. http://d23.disney.go.com

I just tried to go to disneyshopping.com and I got this message:

"Sorry we missed you. DisneyShopping.com is temporarily closed while we make improvements to the site, but please come back and try again soon." :confused3

I just got the email too, but I will be skipping it. Too many other things I would prefer to spend $75 on.

Ya you can buy an $850.00 pen.

:scared1:

You weren't kidding! So for just $75 I get 4 magazines, a surprise which could be a pin or tshirt, an offer to travel across the country.... and the right to spend more money on items.

Maybe it's because I'm on the verge of poverty here but no thanks.

To those who joined, however, I do hope it offers all you hope it will. It likely will.... I just think it's a shame that some who are huge disney fans can barely afford to visit the parks let alone now be part of an exclusive fan club.

I agree with what someone said earlier (on this thread or another).. I don't think this was part of Walt's vision.

Maybe I"m just bitter because after paying bills I"m lucky to have $50 in my account let alone $80.

hey Sha I just noticed your ticker says 23 days...you planned it that way didn't you!!? LOL

LOL nope didnt plan it, but that is pretty funny! Also, it points out that my ticker isnt rotating with all my other trips I have planned. And that is after I post something about tickers on another thread.

Well I joined early this morning, give it a shot for a year and see what happens. I figure the magazine price alone nearly covers the cost for a year and I have a feeling a few more "perks" will be added.

Alot of people are complaining about a couple of the executive items, namely the pen. I understand where they're coming from but there is alot of normal priced stuff as well. I have a growing pen collection and I've seen pens go for many times that amount. The problem I have is that it doesn't appear that these pens are made by any of the big companies (Mont Blanc or MontaGrappa). Still, I'm seeing alot of complaints about a single item...just don't buy it and move on.

I was in Vegas in November and would have hated to seen what some of those folks would say about the prices of some merchandise there...

Ok, done ranting, move along!!!

Well I joined early this morning, give it a shot for a year and see what happens. I figure the magazine price alone nearly covers the cost for a year and I have a feeling a few more "perks" will be added.

Alot of people are complaining about a couple of the executive items, namely the pen. I understand where they're coming from but there is alot of normal priced stuff as well. I have a growing pen collection and I've seen pens go for many times that amount. The problem I have is that it doesn't appear that these pens are made by any of the big companies (Mont Blanc or MontaGrappa). Still, I'm seeing alot of complaints about a single item...just don't buy it and move on.

I was in Vegas in November and would have hated to seen what some of those folks would say about the prices of some merchandise there...

Ok, done ranting, move along!!!

So which pen did you want???? there was another pen we talked about too!

I have to say that I'm disappointed in the Dis today.

Over on some other sections people are complaining like crazy, even the podcaster went off on a rant over on that page. They're all acting like they have a right to have a fan club everyone can join and they're constantly complaining about how much things cost (even branching off to the parks, hotels, etc...). I mean do these people walk through a mall and complain about every expensive item they find? I finally made a post over there and told them how I felt.

Bottom line, if you don't want something, don't buy it, but why complain? I remember when all WDW had were deluxe resorts, now they have rates that go as low as $50. There are times of the year that its cheaper to go there than just about anywhere else I could think of. I can go to the mall and buy a $5 watch or I can buy a $5,000 watch...but its at least nice to have that choice isnt' it?

I'm sorry, but I had to get it out...I mean if people don't like it, all they had to say was "its not for me", kinda like you guys have been saying here. I'm really starting to see big differences in the personalities of the different sections of this site.

So which pen did you want???? there was another pen we talked about too!

I want this pen.

poe_H_01.jpg

Is the D23 log in working yet or is it just me? On the D23 page there is a "log on" section. I am already logged into disneyshopping but when I try to log into D23 it just refreshes the page. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter