Are there any restaurants in WDW that you won't eat at?

I'm a beliver that you should try any restaurant at least once. I've read terrible reviews about restaurants, some mentioned on this thread, and I've never had a bad experience at any of them. Hoowever, for me personally, I will never eat at Trails End again. Mostly due to memories of being forced to eat there by people I never wish to associate with again. But that's another story... :)

places I will not eat at:
MK: Cosmic Rays - Its like a book, you keep reading the same line over and over again, because you forgot your place. Every time I've eaten here, I've gotten ill, from just not feeling well to full blown food poisoning; BOG - we ate there for lunch and it was such a pain, food was not that good either, but we may give this another shot at some point.
EPCOT: Electric Umbrella - see Cosmic Rays; Le Cellier - I can get a better steak with a more enjoyable atmosphere at the Yachtsman.
HS: Any of the quick service locations. While Sci Fi was not great when we last ate there, I would be willing to give it another shot at some point.
Animal Kingdom: Rainforest Cafe - mostly because I can eat at the one local to me.

As for Tony's, I know it gets a bad rap, but we've had some good meals there.

I've seen many threads on the best restaurants, etc. - but rarely do I see threads on the worst. Are there any restaurants, counter or table service, that you absolutely avoid?

For me, it's T-Rex. I mean, we've never eaten there - it just seems so noisy that we've not even entertained it. Our perception could be completely wrong - but I'm thinking not.

my dad is a disney travel agent, we are eating at t rex for the first time this year because all his clients have LOVED it. we never avoided it on purpose just never fit it in with all the other places we like to eat. we have about 8 must dos every year and do two new places every years. its finally being added in and i cannot wait to try it from all the amazing reviews his clients have gave!!

I wouldn't say never again but I've had several bad experiences at Tune In Lounge (@ 50s Prime Time). Super rude bartenders- not part of the antics, just rude. Wasn't during a busy time either.

BOG, Canteen atmosphere and Meh food, Ohana rude server and overcooked meat, Boma over crowded, awful service and food not replenished quickly enough

We are not really into buffets but would go to one if we were with someone who wants to go.

Captain Bills - we went twice. The first time we had the worst meal ever served to us in a restaurant. The second time we had to wait a really long time past our ADR time to be seated in a nearly empty restaurant. The food was only eh.

Le Cellier - we had better food & service at Outback and I can't really stand Outback.

Its really interesting to read the reasons why some people wont go back to a restaurant. I can honestly say that there is only one restaurant that I will not go back to and that is T Rex. The service was decent but the food was blah and way overpriced for what I got. I know I am in WDW and I do not mind paying for a decent meal but that was awful.

There isn't anywhere we wouldn't eat if it was the only option, but the two restaurants we would choose not to return to given any alternative would be Tony's Town Square & Mama Melrose. The former has too many dishes that just aren't right & the latter had both bad food & bad service.

Biergarten- food was awful, and last time I went, someone else did pay and I still wanted my money back! Show was cute.
Le Cellier- Food used to be wonderful, now -not worth it imho

I won't eat at Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace side of Downtown Disney... I had the macaroni and cheese there and immediately got diarrhea. Never again.:scared:

50s Prime Time. Everyone in my party thought their food was just meh, and the atmosphere/interaction was meh as well. Really mad I didn't try Sci-Fi instead as planned.

Also, sorry for going against the tread topic, but Hollywood and Vine breakfast is amazing. We always used to go to Tusker House breakfast but tried H&V breakfast last time and it was fantastic, we've dropped Tusker House because of it. Honestly H&V has everything Tusker has for breakfast, plus it had a better selection of cereal if you kids are into that. Plus it's cheaper if you're paying OOP. No idea about lunch/dinner, but if you like Disney breakfast you'll love it here.

We didn't enjoy Mama Melrose or ABC Commissary very much at all. Probably wouldn't return to either of those anytime soon. We also didn't have a very good experience at Biergarten so that might be out as well.

I do find it interesting that people haven't had good service at Le Cellier. We always had good servers but it sounds like it might have gone downhill some now.

Le Cellier gets my vote for no return visit. We had an 8 PM ADR and didn't get seated until 8:50, there's nothing to do in there but wait and listen to the CM shout Disney Trivia questions. We were sitting there 15 mins before we even got water (even though we asked for it repeatedly from any server that wandered by), and then the overpriced food was mediocre at best.

I was ticked off we were so close to Shula's and wasted our time and money at Le Cellier. It still gets me all riled up!

Chef Mickey's NEVER AGAIN for our family! I was up throwing up and SICK the night of eating there. We had a horrible experience, horrible character interaction, service was terrible....just never again. We also didn't enjoy 50's Prime Time.

LeCellier: A very average steak, loud atmosphere, cramped, dark, and for me, less than average service. This was when it was a 1TS restaurant; now that it's a signature with little change and increased prices, I'll pass.

First time we ate there a few years ago and it was just ok. ADRs were almost impossible to snag. We tried it again a few months ago since it changed to 2 TS and I couldn't believe, but it was worse. My filet was average at best and there was a new Asian style dish on the menu which just didn't fit. The poutine was disgusting. I reviewed it on Disney's review site that's still in beta testing (at least that's what it says) and give it a 2-star review. I basically said that for a 2 TS "signature" dining, it can't compare with other 2 TS (Citricos, Jiko, etc). A Disney rep called and we talked about it for a few minutes. I called it a theme park restaurant.

We will never eat at Tony's, Mama Melrose, Le Cell, or BOG again. BOG reminds me of the dining hall at the university where I work. Same smells, clinking of silverware, and carts being pushed all around. I love the atmosphere, but that's about it.

Tony's and Mama Melrose weren't bad, but nothing special.

Le Cell - Ugh. If I'm going to spend at least $50 on a steak, it better be really good.

Mama Melrose - bad service and my DD12 had a plastic bag in her chicken parm. Gross!

T-Rex - way too loud and chaotic for us. Food was mediocre at best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter