Are there any restaurants in WDW that you won't eat at?

Cosmic Ray's - mediocre food in a disgustingly dirty and loud venue.
Pecos Bill - mediocre food in another loud restaurant with difficult-to-find seating.
Crystal Palace (breakfast) - mediocre food, overpriced, and poor character interaction.

Most everyplace else we've been at Disney I would at least return to. Wouldn't go to those places for free.
I'm actually glad you said that about Cosmic Ray's. I see lots of raves for it, and I've often wondered whether the variety there was the reason? I keep thinking we *should* try it, but I'm a sucker for Columbia Harbor House. The one time we tried something new for lunch (BOG), we were disappointed, so I keep going back to the tried and true. I'll also cross Pecos Bill's off the list. ;)

I agree about Crystal Palace. It felt hectic, mobbed. I felt like I had to fight the other guests to get my food, and that's never fun. The characters were fine, but they never all made it around to us. Won't do that one again. Might try it for lunch or dinner .....

Rainforest Cafe - Tried it twice; Loud, overpriced & under-flavored food, loud, bad service, loud
Grand Floridian Cafe - Tried it 3 times; food is not good
Hollywood and Vine - Tried it 3 times; Place stinks like a dirty mildewed rag that needs to be washed, food is just okay
Mama Melrose - Tried it twice; just very underwhelming altogether
Absolutely anything in the Mexico Pavillion - Ugh, I can't. I just can't

Cosmic Ray's -- food was bad and the place was filthy.

Kona Cafe -- poor food and service.

Bluezoo -- food was poorly prepared. Honestly we should give it another try, but seeing that Flying Fish is steps away I don't see it happening.

I'm actually glad you said that about Cosmic Ray's. I see lots of raves for it, and I've often wondered whether the variety there was the reason? I keep thinking we *should* try it, but I'm a sucker for Columbia Harbor House.

Trust me, stick with CHH!!! :thumbsup2

That's our go-to for MK too.

ITA. Can't understand the appeal of T-Rex, Rainforest, and Planet Hollywood. They're mall restaurants!

Agree.

Also BOG. Forgettable food in a big, nicely themed but noisy and crowded barn.

We also won't pay for signatures. I've never had a $100+ meal that was worth that much money. Its only food.

Love the character buffets. You get some fun with the food. Love the CS restaurants in WS. I'd rather have Tangerine Cafe and Yorkshire Co FS than Le Cellier.

We did not like Cosmic Ray's nor Captain Cook's at the Poly.

eta- We also did not like the food at 1900 Park Fare dinner- but the characters were great. The step sisters were not there the day we visited, but the step-mom was awesome. And we got to meet the Fairy Godmother there- which was pretty cool.

la hacienda for me. I was excited for that one. Got a horrible server. Completely forgot my kids meal. He was then annoyed when I reminded him of it. All the food came out cold. Server seemed completely annoyed to fix it. It's probably the only meal I can ever say I never left a tip at. It's super hard to get a former waiter to skip a tip entirely.
We've only tried La Hacienda once and our experience was similar. I'd like to try it again but the rest of my family would rather just stick to San Angel.

Agree.

Also BOG. Forgettable food in a big, nicely themed but noisy and crowded barn.

We also won't pay for signatures. I've never had a $100+ meal that was worth that much money. Its only food.

Love the character buffets. You get some fun with the food. Love the CS restaurants in WS. I'd rather have Tangerine Cafe and Yorkshire Co FS than Le Cellier.

Some of the signature restaurants are top notch. Citricos, for once, is always always exceptional. While expensive, when combined with a Tables in Wonderland discounts, it's not unbearable. Agree that CS in WS are some good options/

We did not like Cosmic Ray's nor Captain Cook's at the Poly.

eta- We also did not like the food at 1900 Park Fare dinner- but the characters were great. The step sisters were not there the day we visited, but the step-mom was awesome. And we got to meet the Fairy Godmother there- which was pretty cool.

I have a hard time not liking anything at the Poly - it's my favorite place in all of WDW. Captain Cook's however, is unspectacular.

I have a hard time not liking anything at the Poly - it's my favorite place in all of WDW. Captain Cook's however, is unspectacular.

We also absolutely fell in love w/the resort! Captain Cook's...not so much... But that's ok; the resort was gorgeous and are considering it for our Nov trip again :goodvibes

The only place I've tried that I'll never go back to Sci-Fi. The food was so gross.

I'm surprised to see ABC Commissary mentioned so many times. Their Asian salad is one of my favorite QS meals on property!

i found the ambiance and the burgers at Sci-fi to be wonderful.

Nothing that's so terrible that I would refuse to eat there.

There are places I wouldn't choose again: Sci Fi, BOG (lunch), Kona (breakfast), 'Ohana (dinner). And of course, you'll find people who love all of those places.

We thought sci-fi was pretty cool. BOG lunch was delicious (roast beef sandwich) and we ate in the West Wing where it was quieter. Never been to Kona but Ohana is one of our FAVORITES!!

I agree...breakfast is ok at Hollywood and vine but it's tough to screw up breakfast.

Coral reef is only ambience at this point... There menu isn't good and desperately in need of some attention.

And couldn't agree more about Ohana...the dinner is highly overrated and I find the place to be chaotic and not great service.

I'm not sure why you found 'Ohana to be chaotic. DH and I didn't find that in our experiences at all.

I agree with the bold! Unfortunately, we were too stuffed to eat much of it, and sitting there with an insane amount of food on the table that no one was going to make a dent in. I felt like an overstuffed jerk.

i do agree, the amount of food at 'Ohana is ridiculous. I personally know someone who took his kids' sippy cups and stuffed them with steak tips to bring home. Ate steak for 3 days after that. The waiter "couldn't believe how much steak [he] ate!!" :rotfl2: then the waiter proceeded to tell them about another guy who ate 6 skewers of shrimp (actually ate, not took home). turns out, THAT guy is another friend of ours!! :eek: the bread pudding is amazing. but really, i can't figure out why for just 2 people, they bring out that much salad and noodles and such...

The 3 of us agreed we would not go back to Ohana. We enjoy the food and atmosphere but I just have some bad memories from our trip in 2013 thanks to our breakfast there.

I have a nut allergy (peanuts, tree nuts) and that was noted on our ADR as well as addressed by the chef and our waitress. The chef said everything was fine for me to eat and was peanut free except the bread they serve so he told me to stay away from that when he brought out the basket to my parents. Not an issue. I mentioned that I try to eat healthy and heard they had a "healthy platter" with egg whites, chicken sausage, and veggies so I requested that. He said that was fine and told a random server who was walking back into the kitchen that I wanted a healthy platter while my parents wanted the regular platter of eggs, sausage, and bacon. A few minutes later the platters came out. Everything tasted great. The veggies were delicious - then I felt my stomach cramp up and I got extremely weak and dizzy. My throat started itching and I had no idea what it could be from. When we mentioned it to our waitress, she got the chef who came out and said "Oh, you're veggies don't have an allergy pick in them" and I asked why they would need one - they were cooked in PEANUT OIL. I was pretty upset of course, and he didn't do anything or act like it was a big deal :confused3

we did all the breakfast charachter buffets when our kids were young, and even ate at a few of the dinner charachter buffets when they were small.

Now that our kids are grown, we won't go back to any of them. Period.

I guess that will be the only bad thing about having grandkids down the line.

Quite frankly, buffet's are not meant for quality food.

It's a long list LOL

Epcot. LeCellier. Horrid service and poor quality food. I gave it several tries but it failed repeatedly.

Nine Dragons. The chef apparently only has one seasoning, salt

Downtown Disney. Planet Hollywood. There is a reason they give away coupons. Inedible

RainForest. Apparently they believe that if they have a thunderstorm going off you won't notice that there's no service. This is chainwide and applies to the one at Animal Kingdom too

Magic Kingdom. Tony's. How can you screw up spaghetti ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter