Are ANY of the dining packages/desert parties worth it?

The dessert party is definitely worth it. The view was great and the chairs were wonderful. I enjoyed all of the snacks.

I've also done the Fantasmic premium River Belle Terrace dinner and thought it was worth it, too, at least once. You get dinner plus chairs to watch the show.

Just booked hungry bear! I’m still mot sure about the world of color one the desert party snacks are extremely pitiful but is the code that much better than the dining package?

Personally, I would not call the Dessert Party food "pitiful", but I guess that's all about perspective. It was actually a very full plate and a good variety. (And I don't even like raspberry, but the current selection has a shortbread cookie with raspberry filling that I LOVED. Literally my favorite thing on the plate.) Now I know it's not the same for people who have celiac or may have other food allergies, but for me, it was great. (And they give you a to-go box so anything you don't finish becomes your late night snack or your morning snack for the next day.)

No, it was not $89 worth of food, but the $89 is also your beverages, the comfort of being able to sit down for quite a while, not having to elbow and nudge your way to see the show, and great service from the CMs. Worth it for me.

I can't speak to the dining package for WOC though.

For me, the WOC desert party was 100% worth it.
I loved having the seating, we got a low top and it was perfect.
I have kids, I don't want to stand around for an hour or more with my kids, only to have them not see anything.
With the seating they saw the whole show and loved it, the desserts were fantastic and service was top.
I will 100% do this one again.

For Fantasmic I did the standard River Belle.
I will NOT do this one again because the food at River Belle was the worst meal I've eaten in my life. However the seating area was perfect.
I will do Hungry Bear next time because It's cheaper and gives me the same seating area.

Thanks for the pics! Were you on the high tops? I know some of the projections are at water level. Were you able to see those? We've camped at the rail several times so we have no problem. Its more important that we see the entire projections as my Mechanical engineering/ industrial design major can see for the computer mapping aspect. As nice as the seats would be
Yes, we were at the high tops. I didn’t feel like we missed any of the projections, but I guess I wouldn’t really know since it was my first time seeing it.

I loved the desert party for WOC. It was extremely worth it to me. It was a special treat for my family, and I worked a ton of overtime so I could do it. However, money and time mean different things to different people.

20221110_204409.jpg

This is the view we had. Its angled somewhat because thats the way I took the picture. But we were on the top level of the stairs (no one can stand on the stairs) and in the center of the circle and this is the view we had for the Storytellers Cafe WOC dining package ($59 but MK discount applies). It was a buffet dinner with soft drinks / non-alcoholic drinks included.

I have seen WOC with desert package and dining package. By far and away I prefer the dessert package. I am short, it is inevitable for me to have viewing obstructions when it is standing room only.

Have purchased dessert package 4 times over last decade and every time we had a high top in second row and I saw everything just fine. No obstructions! Yes, you pay $$$ for the seat. The desserts and drinks are mediocre at best. But WOC is my favorite show so I will splurg

View attachment 741908

This is the view we had. Its angled somewhat because thats the way I took the picture. But we were on the top level of the stairs (no one can stand on the stairs) and in the center of the circle and this is the view we had for the Storytellers Cafe WOC dining package ($59 but MK discount applies). It was a buffet dinner with soft drinks / non-alcoholic drinks included.
Great picture! Do you know which group was in front of you?

View attachment 741908

Thank you for this! This is the dining package we're gonna be doing and I'm excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter