April/May 2006 Code Watch

Lizzydoll73 said:
Last year the general public codes came out on March 9th for late April until June or July. I wrote it down because we have ressies for 5/14-5/23 2006 and I want to make sure I don't miss any discounts if they come out. Right now we have POR w/ AAA for $146 per nt(tax included).

Not true. Maybe you are thinking of AP or FL resident codes.

The last date that general public codes were available was April 17th. There haven't been any since then.

mill4023 said:
Not true. Maybe you are thinking of AP or FL resident codes.

The last date that general public codes were available was April 17th. There haven't been any since then.

I am talking about LAST year not this year.

Lizzydoll73 said:
I am talking about LAST year not this year.
Oh, ok. My mistake. I thought you meant this past April/May.

I'm still hopeful that there will be more general codes. It surprises me that they had discount codes through March this year, even with Easter in March and all the spring breaks. So I'm still hopeful there will be something for our trip in March/April 06.

People say there have been no codes because attendance is up. I think a lot of people are taking advantage of the magic your way package with dining. The dining is an attractive deal. I think it's like $35 per adult and $10 per kid(per day).

The word is that something is being releases for late October through December. It may be a deal on a package. But that is a good sign for us. The fact that deals are still being released is good. Let hope the promos increase and April/May are included in future promos.

I'm really thinking of switching dates to May 20-may 30. The reason is that I had booked a few days at Universal in April after my Disney stay. I just found out that they are doing a High school Grad bash the nights that I am there. So that along with the higher prices and crowds are making me consider changing my dates. I would think that May 20-May 26 at Disney would be a good time. How are the crowds that time of year?

deelam said:
I'm really thinking of switching dates to May 20-may 30. The reason is that I had booked a few days at Universal in April after my Disney stay. I just found out that they are doing a High school Grad bash the nights that I am there. So that along with the higher prices and crowds are making me consider changing my dates. I would think that May 20-May 26 at Disney would be a good time. How are the crowds that time of year?
We were there last year during that time and it was busier than usual for that time frame.We always go down during that time because of my BDay and we have never had crowds like here was this year.I think it was the celebration just starting that made it like that.
We are going again next May and I hope to be there during that time.

Our AAA rate for POFQ 5/9 thru 5/12 is 165 night including taxes. Waterview
Would love to see something better come out though!!

Hopefully the code coming out for October-December will be a release of a public code for room only, or a really good package deal. I think it will be a sign of the discounts to come.
I will be check AAA rates later today for packages for several dates in April/May. I'll let you know what I find out.

Those of you who are waiting for AP rates for April/May - are you planning on trying the Best Rate program or just hoping for good AP rates?

I currently have a room only reservation with a AAA discount, but am planning on getting an AP before the trip.

Just wondering,

We will be at the Polynesian (GV) from Apr 9th to the 14th and we currently have AAA rate room only of $435.97 but I am hoping to get a bit cheaper with AP discount if it comes out via the Best Rate Program. I wonder whether they will announce extended dates for booking when the new Mickey Monitor comes out in Nov?? Anyone else got any guesses as to when we will be able to book??

Nicola

MinnieAnn said:
Those of you who are waiting for AP rates for April/May - are you planning on trying the Best Rate program or just hoping for good AP rates?

I currently have a room only reservation with a AAA discount, but am planning on getting an AP before the trip.

Just wondering,

I am an AP holder. My pass will expire before my trip in APril/May. I don't like the best rate program. I'm hoping that a public code comes out. Then I won't renew my AP. If a really good AP code comes out, I may consider trying the best rate program, but I really don't like the non refundable deposit. I'm hoping that this board will inform me of the AP discounts for my dates.
So without the AP I won't be staying at a Deluxe. With a public code or AAA discount, I will stay at a Moderate.

If the current deal goes to 12/24, when do you think the next deal will be?

It looks like Disney is back to releasing room only codes!!! That's another good sign for us.

Hey everyone. A friend and I are giong in April. We are Canadians and the dollar is really good right now. I'm considering buying our tickets (via ticketmania via mousesavers) now while the dollar is so good. My only fear is that any special that comes out for April will be a package and that we'll already have our tickets so we can't get in on this. So here is my question, would you

A) Go ahead and buy the tickets and book the hotel now. Hope for a room only rate to come up and change your reservation to that. (I can use the deposit I pay for the room now to the room only discount if I change it in a few months time right?)

or

B) Hold out and hope for a package (Canadian or otherwise) and change the money up now and leave it in the bank? And send any type of deposit by other means than a credit card?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Adora. I am also Canadian and we are also going in late April/early May. We are waiting--I'm sure there will be some type of package announced by the end of October. We went the past two years at this time and there were deals announced by then. We are also happy about the dollar, but I don't think it will be losing value anytime soon! :teeth: Good news for travellers! In the meantime, we are exchanging our money and putting in our American account just in case. You know the ticket prices are not likely to change drastically so there is no risk in waiting. We have a room booked and will change to a package if one becomes available. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter