APRIL 2016 Rental Car Discount ~ Promo Code ~ Rate Watch

You could do what I did, I modified my reservation online and took the $50 coupon off and replaced it with a $25 coupon. I would rather lose $25, than $50. Esp since one Person reported that the agent would not honor. Either way keep us posted how it works out.

Shoot wish I would have read this first, I just booked and paid for it to take my chances. What is the $25 coupon code in case in the end I can at least use that when I am talking to the agent. If you don't mind sharing that is. :)

Ad3868jst. It appears to have come from the carrental website.....but who knows now. Good luck and have fun.

. Esp since one Person reported that the agent would not honor.
I believe that person was at the counter and was not renting at MCO, so I am hopeful that we can still have the $50 coupon honored as it seems that everyone else running into issues (and at MCO) has still ultimately had the coupon honored. Crossing my fingers, but still makes me a tad nervous!

I believe that person was at the counter and was not renting at MCO, so I am hopeful that we can still have the $50 coupon honored as it seems that everyone else running into issues (and at MCO) has still ultimately had the coupon honored. Crossing my fingers, but still makes me a tad nervous!

Yea, they were trying to determine a date range. Right now the folks who got it honored had pickedup before April 14th. The person who did not get it honored had picked up after the 14th. I would think they would get tire of it. Please let us know how you do with it.

You could do what I did, I modified my reservation online and took the $50 coupon off and replaced it with a $25 coupon. I would rather lose $25, than $50. Esp since one Person reported that the agent would not honor. Either way keep us posted how it works out.
Just verifying: It's the drop-off agent that makes the decision to work to give the coupon to the rental or not, not the pick up exit gate agent?

There are potentially up to 3 agents one may encounter:
At Pickup: the rental counter
At Pickup: the exit gate
and the Dropoff agent.

Just verifying: It's the drop-off agent that makes the decision to work to give the coupon to the rental or not, not the pick up exit gate agent?

and the Dropoff agent.

I don't know. I've been following all of the post to decide what I was comfortable with. I think I read that the print out given at the departing kiosk didn't match the price. Or was the receipt given upon return the one that didn't match. I've read at least 5-6 over the past couple of days and tried to decipher where the catch was. Seems all to most did online checkin and bypassed the counter, except one who was not at MCO. one person didn't fix it until they returned home and did it via phone. Everyone's comfort level is different, but it's good to know that there might be an issue so that you DO check your print out when leaving the gargage, or check when they give you a print out during your return. I'm glad folks are posting this when returning. I'm sure there are many renters who do not check their receipt, or just don't have the airport time to stop by the counter to fix it.

So for you who has issues with the $50 coupon AND had also booked using the ASI product code, were any eyebrows raised at that code?

Correct. I was at the counter at the Sarasota airport & the agent did not honor it. When I rented at MCO with my 1 day rental the coupon also came up as expired but I showed the agent my confirmation with the $50 discount so she removed it manually. MCO agents are usually pretty nice but I think if they get too many of these expired coupons they will catch on soon.

and the Dropoff agent.

No, its not the drop off agent but the pickup exit gate agent. It does not matter if you do the online check-in or the kiosk the confirmation will show the discount but then once you get to the exit gate agent they will scan the car & the coupon will show up as invalid. You have to check your paperwork right away because they might not tell you. Once you see the coupon is missing show them your confirmation & hope they will honor the $50 discount.

Yea, they were trying to determine a date range. Right now the folks who got it honored had pickedup before April 14th. The person who did not get it honored had picked up after the 14th. I would think they would get tire of it. Please let us know how you do with it.
I picked up on the 21st at the car care center at WDW. They tried to say it was expired but honored it when I showed them my receipt.

Update - CC was charged the original rate on my reservation confirmation. $75.

Good luck with your rentals!

That's good. You picked up on 4/11 right. I think joejoe was successful before 4/14 and got denied afterwards. I'm happy to see folks getting the coupon honored.

How did you remove the coupon? I cannot modify the coupon code on my reservation.

How did you remove the coupon? I cannot modify the coupon code on my reservation.

I did modify and it let me remove it. Afterwards I added a different one. It was easy. I had the $50 one. If you have the $35 one, you can't delete that one.

Last edited:
we are here now. I could not get the online checkin to work and I think it was because of the $50 coupon. The agent asked if I had the paper coupon because he could not get it to work. They determined it was expired. Just an FYI

we are here now. I could not get the online checkin to work and I think it was because of the $50 coupon. The agent asked if I had the paper coupon because he could not get it to work. They determined it was expired. Just an FYI
Did they honor it for you or did your rate go up?

This thing that Alamo's system is letting us use an expired coupon really surprises me. I had a birthday coupon that I tried to use and their reservation system would not take it because it was expired. I had not read far enough into the email to see the date. So I am still surprised to hear Alamo saying the code is expired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter