APRIL 2016 Rental Car Discount ~ Promo Code ~ Rate Watch

We just got back. We had a standard size booked at Alamo with vegas brazil and $50 insider coupon. Our est rate was $121. We did online check in and picked a malibu from the full size aisle. They handed us a receipt for $180. The $50 coupon was not included. I emailed them and gave them our reservation number and they refunded the $50 to us (to-day) so our total was $130.

We just got back. We had a standard size booked at Alamo with vegas brazil and $50 insider coupon. Our est rate was $121. We did online check in and picked a malibu from the full size aisle. They handed us a receipt for $180. The $50 coupon was not included. I emailed them and gave them our reservation number and they refunded the $50 to us (to-day) so our total was $130.
Thank you for the update. Did you mention the price discrepancy to the person who gave you the receipt? Did they try to help?

Yea, I thought the $50 coupon was iffy. Just like the now defunct $35 coupon. I'll be watching my print out when I use the $50 one next weekend (4/30)

Did you do "Skip the Counter" as well (fill in credit card online) or just Online Check-in?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'm suppose to post it here, since it's not for the general public, but if you pm me, I'll give it to you. I have one for national too, though that one has never given me good rates. Don't know where or when I got it as I've had it for awhile, but when I put it in it says dvc on the reservation.
Any chance you could PM me the code. We just joined and I have searched all my paperwork and the site and have found nothing. Thank you

We are arriving on April 30th and staying onsite. We were planning to use the DME and get groceries delivered. This morning I went to the Alamo site, logged in with my insiders login, used the AM1 product code, typed in the AD4004JDK coupon (which may not have been used since I asked for a 1 day rental) I got a small SUV from MCO to car care center pick up 4/30 drop off car care center 5/1 0600 for $5.62. I'll go get my own groceries.
This is what I have booked and plan to do in November. PLEASE let me know how this works for you.

UPDATE: I picked up a compact car - Chevy Cruze - which was listed on the rental agreement as an intermediate btw on 4/11 @ 11:30pm. I checked in online and bypassed the counter and went right to the garage, there were tons of cars. I asked the lady that directed me what I would have gotten with the "drive happy deal" she said whatever they have an excess off, ie vans or pick up trucks.... Since I was exhausted and never looked at the rental agreement I got at the exit window.... I had $59 in "savings" that was never taken off my total. So instead of $75 I was being "charged" $134. I dropped the car off yesterday around 6pm and was directed to a manager, who "fixed it" and said I would only be charged $75. As of this morning, my credit card was only charged $58! I am going to keep an eye on it.

I had 2 friends this same week use the above codes in anyway that would get them a cheaper rate (I dont know which exact ones they used). Most used the $50 off, which was not deducted at time of pick up (I had pre warned them about my situation). Everyone was able to get the rate that they were quoted when they booked.

Stand your ground when you pick up your car.

Has anyone had trouble with the "expired" $35 coupon if it's already on a reservation?

Last edited:
Well I used the $50 off coupon a few times this past week with no issues at all but now it seems to be expired. The website will still take the coupon but when you go to the exit booth it will get kicked off the reservation. Even if you did the online check-in and printed your paperwork. I had this happen yesterday at MCO & today at another location. The reservation at MCO was only for 1 day but once I saw it was not on the paperwork and I showed the agent it was on my check-in paper she took the $50 off the reservation for me. Now today I had a reservation for 1 week but the agent at this location would not do anything and just said the coupon was expired & that there was nothing she could do. She even showed me in the system that it said expired but she refused to do any kind of discount & wanted to charge me full price. She said the rates can change all the time & even if the confirmation shows one price that could change by pickup time. Needless to say I took my business to another rental company & got a better rate. So be warned if you still do try to use the coupon it will be expired for sure but depending on the agent they might take the $50 off anyways or you might have to pay full price if you don't have a backup plan.

Well I used the $50 off coupon a few times this past week with no issues at all but now it seems to be expired. The website will still take the coupon but when you go to the exit booth it will get kicked off the reservation. Even if you did the online check-in and printed your paperwork. I had this happen yesterday at MCO & today at another location. The reservation at MCO was only for 1 day but once I saw it was not on the paperwork and I showed the agent it was on my check-in paper she took the $50 off the reservation for me. Now today I had a reservation for 1 week but the agent at this location would not do anything and just said the coupon was expired & that there was nothing she could do. She even showed me in the system that it said expired but she refused to do any kind of discount & wanted to charge me full price. She said the rates can change all the time & even if the confirmation shows one price that could change by pickup time. Needless to say I took my business to another rental company & got a better rate. So be warned if you still do try to use the coupon it will be expired for sure but depending on the agent they might take the $50 off anyways or you might have to pay full price if you don't have a backup plan.

Can you share how many days your rental was for? I am just wondering if maybe the $50 off was an issue because it was perhaps less than a 5 day rental? Thanks for sharing your experience.

Can you share how many days your rental was for? I am just wondering if maybe the $50 off was an issue because it was perhaps less than a 5 day rental? Thanks for sharing your experience.

Well the first one at MCO was for 1 day so I thought that might have been the reason but the second one was for 1 week and the coupon still said expired.

Thanks for the updates. I decided my vacation was not worth the hassle of dealing with an agent either in person or by phone, so modified my reservation and replaced the $50 coupon with a $25 one I had. It's worth it to me to start my vacation without the headache. While Alamo may honor some folks, I fear they will get tire of it and stop honoring it. I'm glad to know this ahead of time, so appreciate the updates!

Just figured I would report back after our trip. We used VB with the 50$ off coupon. We did online checkin - and went straight to pick up our car. The receipt showed everything correct ($176 with extra driver) at pick up and when we returned the car it stayed correct! Thanks to everyone for help with the codes!

Will see some of you on the October rental thread!

Thanks for the updates. I decided my vacation was not worth the hassle of dealing with an agent either in person or by phone, so modified my reservation and replaced the $50 coupon with a $25 one I had. It's worth it to me to start my vacation without the headache. While Alamo may honor some folks, I fear they will get tire of it and stop honoring it. I'm glad to know this ahead of time, so appreciate the updates!

Yes, If you have a $25 off coupon that is no expired that is your best bet. Is that the $25 off $175 ent book coupon? or do they have a $25 off coupon with no minimum?

Just figured I would report back after our trip. We used VB with the 50$ off coupon. We did online checkin - and went straight to pick up our car. The receipt showed everything correct ($176 with extra driver) at pick up and when we returned the car it stayed correct! Thanks to everyone for help with the codes!

Will see some of you on the October rental thread!

When did you pick your rental up? It worked for me for a rental I picked up on the 14th and returned on the 18th but the rental I picked up on the 18 & then again tried the other location on the 19th both did not work. So I guess it was taken out of the system sometime between the 14th & 18th but any rental already picked up still worked.

When did you pick your rental up? It worked for me for a rental I picked up on the 14th and returned on the 18th but the rental I picked up on the 18 & then again tried the other location on the 19th both did not work. So I guess it was taken out of the system sometime between the 14th & 18th but any rental already picked up still worked.

I picked up on the 13th at 6pm! Just under the wire I guess?!?!

Has anyone had trouble with the "expired" $35 coupon if it's already on a reservation?
YES. Just picked up mine this morning and they tried to charge me more, telling me the $35 coupon was expired. Pulled up my confirmation showing -$35 and she had to go get a manager and they honored it. Glad they did, but heads up to everyone using these coupons, just because the website is honoring them, you may run into trouble and need to push a bit to get the discount.

Uh oh, I am getting a bit nervous. We pick up our car on the 23rd and I have the reservation using the $50 coupon plus the AS1 code. I guess if the worst thing I have to do is pay the extra $50 I am okay, but if I have to pay regular rates then I will not be happy as I think that is around $400+. :(

Uh oh, I am getting a bit nervous. We pick up our car on the 23rd and I have the reservation using the $50 coupon plus the AS1 code. I guess if the worst thing I have to do is pay the extra $50 I am okay, but if I have to pay regular rates then I will not be happy as I think that is around $400+. :(

You could do what I did, I modified my reservation online and took the $50 coupon off and replaced it with a $25 coupon. I would rather lose $25, than $50. Esp since one Person reported that the agent would not honor. Either way keep us posted how it works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter