APRIL 2016 Rental Car Discount ~ Promo Code ~ Rate Watch

I wanted to share that I was unable to use online check in/add a payment using Chrome on a mac. Once I changed to safari, I was able to add a payment and include the payment info. We used the Brazil code and a $25 off coupon. Would have preferred the $50, but rates are higher now than when we booked our 8 passenger in January.

I just rebooked my minivan for nearly the same price as the vegas (TB1 or AS1) codes. This was with the standard regular codes. I can't use the costco code as I'm not a member, but did use my DVC member code and the $50 coupon AD4004JDK. Strangely the lower rate was offered if I picked up on the half hour, so it was higher if I picked up at 5:00PM, so changed it to 4:30PM and it dropped more. My flight is scheduled to arrive at 4:15PM. I know they give you a 30 minute grace time, but could've changed it to 5:30PM. So those booking a minivan might want to revisit. I paid $435 for a 15 day rental for a minivan as a DVC member. Had I been a costco member it would've been $412. I'm 3 weeks out today, picking up on April 30 @4:30PM and dropping off on May 15 @ noon.

Update: I just checked this afternoon and my rate dropped again. I'm now at $416 for a 15 day minivan rental. If I was a costco member the rate would be $394. I'm glad not to have to use the Vegas code which added the CDW to minivan renters. Actually the Vegas code along with the TB1 and AS1 product codes are higher than what I can get with my DVC code and $50 coupon. I also got the same rate using the Florida Code 7016220 if you need another code to try.....

And for the third time today, my rates just dropped AGAIN. Now I'm at $395 and the costco rate is $374. Crazy.....I've never had it drop so often in one day.

Hi.I am a DVC member and an AP holder. Where did you find the DVC code?? I used the Annual Pass ID #, with the $50 off coupon and AS1 and got a rate of $265. for a Standard car from May 18th-June 1st. I also keep checking daily!! Also WHAT is the Florida code?? Thanks, Joan

Hi.I am a DVC member and an AP holder. Where did you find the DVC code?? I used the Annual Pass ID #, with the $50 off coupon and AS1 and got a rate of $265. for a Standard car from May 18th-June 1st. I also keep checking daily!! Also WHAT is the Florida code?? Thanks, Joan
I'm curious about the DVC code too. Searched our member website and found nothing, but a google search eludes to a code having existed in the past. I did find the AP code, but the numbers aren't pretty even with a coupon.

I'm DVC and have been trying to find the code as well. Didn't see anything on member website so I did the online chat and asked about it. I was told there is not one.:confused3

I'm not sure if I'm suppose to post it here, since it's not for the general public, but if you pm me, I'll give it to you. I have one for national too, though that one has never given me good rates. Don't know where or when I got it as I've had it for awhile, but when I put it in it says dvc on the reservation.

I'm DVC and have been trying to find the code as well. Didn't see anything on member website so I did the online chat and asked about it. I was told there is not one.:confused3

That just shows you that we know more than MS, but we all know that! Lol

Try not using the product code...leave it blank. I'm only putting in the $50 coupon and the Costco or dvc contract code and my rate is lower than using the as1. If I put in the product code my rate goes up $35. Pm me and I'll give you the dvc code.

Curious about the DVC code for Alamo as well. I've searched dvcmember dot com, and can find exactly nothing about any Alamo discounts. :-(

I am also a DVC member and would love to find out that Alamo code too. I booked with the AP holder discount and it's a great rate but i'm concerned since we have the vouchers paid for but won't get the passes activated until we get to Guest Relations on our first day. Does anyone know if they check that or if there is something we can print out to verify we have the APs? I do have our DVC cards so if the discount is the same i'd love to change to that.

Thanks for any tips!

Just used the tb1 product code (I don't actually know what that is!!!) and the $50 coupon above and got a standard SUV from Alamo for Apr 15-22 for $189, including the second driver.

Just used the tb1 product code (I don't actually know what that is!!!) and the $50 coupon above and got a standard SUV from Alamo for Apr 15-22 for $189, including the second driver.

the TB1 code is the product code from the Vegas Code.

Thank you! When I just used it, the Vegas Code title didn't show on my reservation, but the attributes (yes second driver and yes to CDW) were both still there.

You can try the AS1 product code. Not sure where it came from, but it takes the CDW off, which is an issue? You can put any contract code in that you qualify (like AP, DVC, Costco, Insider) and it will show that in the title, but give you the rate of the AS1 code. Of course the $50 coupon seems to be working too AD4004JDK, though you never know when they might pull the plug on it.

Great, thank you! I am not worried about the CDW, so hope this is good. I am a little concerned that I haven't received the confirmation email yet, but some of the others took a couple hours to come in (this is my 4th Alamo booking for the trip), so will wait until it shows up before cancelling the other current one.

Thanks for the tip!

My rates dropped!!
I am leaving Friday for 9 days. Alamo rates (using the $50 code) got me to $222 for a minivan pixiedust:

I am dropping my Vegas Brazil ressie like a hot potato after getting this price, esp after reading PP experience recently. Dollar and Thrifty were also comparable for my time frame. Prices without the Vegas Brazil code were incredibly high until just recently. I never felt good about the Vegas Brazil code since my reservation included the CDW. So happy I found a better price without the VB code!

eta, my email confirmation from alamo have not come through for some reason, but when I look at alamo online, my reservation is there

My rates dropped!!
I am leaving Friday for 9 days. Alamo rates (using the $50 code) got me to $222 for a minivan pixiedust:

I am dropping my Vegas Brazil ressie like a hot potato after getting this price, esp after reading PP experience recently. Dollar and Thrifty were also comparable for my time frame. Prices without the Vegas Brazil code were incredibly high until just recently. I never felt good about the Vegas Brazil code since my reservation included the CDW. So happy I found a better price without the VB code!

eta, my email confirmation from alamo have not come through for some reason, but when I look at alamo online, my reservation is there

That's great. Also renting a minivan so had issues with the Vegas code. My 15 day minivan rental is now at $374, using only the passholder code and $50 coupon. The passholder code is now less than the DVC member code. Funny how it changes daily. We leave on April 30, so plenty of time to continue to watch. But happy with this price.

My email confirmation never came through but I can still look up the reservation with the confirmation number.

You can try the AS1 product code. Not sure where it came from, but it takes the CDW off, which is an issue? You can put any contract code in that you qualify (like AP, DVC, Costco, Insider) and it will show that in the title, but give you the rate of the AS1 code. Of course the $50 coupon seems to be working too AD4004JDK, though you never know when they might pull the plug on it.
Can anyone tell me what the AS1 code is from? It cuts my rate for a convertible in half, and I just don't want any red flags or problems.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what the $50 off coupon is from and also what the AS! and TB1 are from? I am uncomfortable blindly using these. Thank you!
Also, I am a AP and don't know where to find the discount code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter