Apparently going to WDW solo is "sad and depressing" LOL

officialkt said:
For me this forum has been a major contributor to just getting booked and visiting at the end of September...the hardest part is making the decision. Eventually I realised go solo or don't go...so thanks to all those positive comments on this site.
Same same same! And I'm also going the last week of September! :D

godders said:
I'm a bit nervous because I tend to be a bit shy at first so I'm worried I won't get the most out of the character interactions I want to do (mostly so there are actually photos of me rather than just photos I took lol).
I'm in a similar pickle. I cancelled my Akershus ADR because I got nervous about interacting with the princesses solo. Lol. I kept Garden Grill and Tusker House though, since those aren't face characters... somehow that seems less intimidating to me.

However! For these two meals, I'm crossing my fingers that I'm seated near a nice couple or family (or maybe even another solo!), and that I can get over my shyness enough to maybe ask if they wouldn't mind snapping a pic or two when Mickey, etc. come to my table. Otherwise, I won't have any photos of these wonderful character experiences!

sephorachick said:
I can eat ice cream for bfast too ;)
Disney is the only place I feel zero guilt about have a big cupcake for breakfast, and indulge in the practice often! :D

The biggest drawback of a character meal, when traveling solo, is finding someone to take your picture. Sometimes, it's an easy task, and people at the next table even volunteer. Or you help each other out. However, sometimes I would find myself "out of luck", and without any pics. So instead, I would get a few pictures of "solo" characters instead.

On my up and coming solo trip in just 12 days, I decided to forego the character meals altogether.

The biggest drawback of a character meal, when traveling solo, is finding someone to take your picture. Sometimes, it's an easy task, and people at the next table even volunteer. Or you help each other out. However, sometimes I would find myself "out of luck", and without any pics. So instead, I would get a few pictures of "solo" characters instead.

On my up and coming solo trip in just 12 days, I decided to forego the character meals altogether.

Sorry for the double post.

Adding to the above, I'd like to say, that I plan on visiting as many characters as I can during my 5 days in the parks. I have one fastpass+ with Mickey, and one with Anna and Elsa. I debated about even trying to get that one, but when I saw it was available, I couldn't pass it up on the last day of my trip.

I am sure I would get loads of great character moments on my Free Memory Maker, and on my own camera too.

Sorry for the double post.

Adding to the above, I'd like to say, that I plan on visiting as many characters as I can during my 5 days in the parks. I have one fastpass+ with Mickey, and one with Anna and Elsa. I debated about even trying to get that one, but when I saw it was available, I couldn't pass it up on the last day of my trip.

I am sure I would get loads of great character moments on my Free Memory Maker, and on my own camera too.
Oh, I've already accepted that I may not get any good photos from my two character meals. And if not, that's okay. Garden Grill is an old favorite, and Tusker House has been on my bucket list for a while now. So pictures or not, I figure I'll still have a wonderful time. :goodvibes

But I'll still hope to find somebody to take a few snaps for me. This is my first solo trip, so it's a bit of a learning experience! :thumbsup2

And I have Memory Maker also. (Except I paid for mine, and plan on using and abusing it like crazy through-out the trip... I will get my money's worth and then some out of it! :rotfl: ) And like you, I have FP+ for Anna and Elsa at MK, and another for Mickey & Friends at Epcot, so I certainly won't be lacking in character greeting photos. :cutie:

Oh, I've already accepted that I may not get any good photos from my two character meals. And if not, that's okay. Garden Grill is an old favorite, and Tusker House has been on my bucket list for a while now. So pictures or not, I figure I'll still have a wonderful time. :goodvibes But I'll still hope to find somebody to take a few snaps for me. This is my first solo trip, so it's a bit of a learning experience! :thumbsup2 And I have Memory Maker also. (Except I paid for mine, and plan on using and abusing it like crazy through-out the trip... I will get my money's worth and then some out of it! :rotfl: ) And like you, I have FP+ for Anna and Elsa at MK, and another for Mickey & Friends at Epcot, so I certainly won't be lacking in character greeting photos. :cutie:

Usually people are really nice and someone at the next table will volunteer. If not, like you said, there are plenty of other opportunities!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter