Anyone know anything about a new dining ticket??

bamamom

DIS Veteran
My friend and her family are going to WDW in mid July. She booked through AAA. She said she didn't get the dining plan but she got something to where they a free meal at night or for like 4 nites of their 7 nites are something. I haven't heard anything about this and was wondering if she has purchased the dining plan but doesn't understand how to use it :confused3 She has ADR that AAA made for her. I just haven't heard of this and was wondering what it was and if it might be something new. She also said they were getting an express ticket for some of the rides but that it's not a fast pass. It's something to where they only wait for 10 mins on rides......I had just not ever heard of any of this? Thanks to all you disney experts for your tips!!

I've never heard of either of these things - and if something exists - you hear about it on the DIS. :)

I would be curious to know if anyone else has ever heard of these things.

This sounds a lot like the US packages. Are you sure she's booked WDW and not US? They have those FOL passes and the meal deal tickets.

This sounds a lot like the US packages. Are you sure she's booked WDW and not US? They have those FOL passes and the meal deal tickets.

She went through travel agent so I hope they haven't messed her up...They all think they are going to Disney...surely the agent didn't make a mistake that big.

I'm just afraid they have the dining plan and don't understand it fully...

Perhaps it's the Planet Hollywood Voucher that every package gets now and the Diamond Parking Pass. :confused3

Universal sells express passes that you can use once on most of the major attractions. It sure sounds like a Universal package.

Disney has a version of the old meal vouchers that are used for groups. I guess the AAA office might have some type of group promotion that includes some dinner vouchers but I tend to doubt it.

my first thought was Universal also... FOTL pass also called an Express Pass and the meal deal... methinks she needs to double check and/or show you her travel docs! QUICKLY!

She told me that one of them is they eat at a restaruant and then going to the laser show...so that's Fantasia so that has to be WDW :confused3
I'm just now sure what she has gotten.

If she was a good friend I would request to see her reservation. She needs to do more research or she might end up w/o enough ADRs....

You know, it's funny, but my ex-dh just made reservations for his dd and some friends of hers to go to WDW as a high school graduation gift, for next week. (booked awhile ago). When I was talking to my dd, she told me that her dad had gotten this terrific package where the girls were getting special passes to go to the parks early. I said that anyone staying on-site could do this...her reply? "Ah no mom...the TA told them that because the girls were staying at POP, it was a special deal for them, and that they could go to the front of any ride lines and hop right on also." Thought I was going to die...I gave her my UoG, as well as info about the DIS and told her to tell her half-sister to do some research!!! Seems to be a lot of TA's out there giving out some spooky info. I can now see why people are wandering around, trying to figure out what the story is...they've gotten bad info from the 'professionals'!!!!

bamamom said:
She told me that one of them is they eat at a restaruant and then going to the laser show...so that's Fantasia so that has to be WDW :confused3
I'm just now sure what she has gotten.

fantasmic is not (imo) a laser show, it's an amazing display of water and lights and music and other mediums as well... there is or was, however, a laser show at universal (if memory serves me correctly)...

i agree w/the pp that said there are "professionals" giving out mis-information... i went to a local chain travel agency a few years ago to get wdw info and the MIS INFO they gave me was appalling... and at that time i'd only been dis'ing for a year or so... i truly feel for people that believe them...

My experience with travel "professionals" is that I know a whole lot more about WDW and DCL than many I've talked with. I would seriously question anything that didn't sound like what you've been hearing on the dis and/or from friends who have done recent trips.

I don't mean to bash TAs, and I'm sure there are many good ones out there. In fact, I have a favorite. However, I've also spoken with some totally ignorant ones and chosen to book elsewhere due to those conversations.

Disney has a huge program to educate TAs about all things Disney. It includes classes, hugely discounted travel, etc. Unfortunately, having one person from a huge multi-office agency attend doesn't educate the "rank and file." In addition, TAs need to keep up with the new programs.

Is it possible she is actually going to Disneyland? Because, if you book a DL vacation thru AAA, you can get what's called an enhanced fastpass. You can hold concurrent FPs for every ride that offers it. DL also has a Fantasmic show.

There is a new show at USO that I think uses lasers, this is sounding very much like Universal.

My AAA agent isn't huge into Disney, but she is competent. I always know everything we want in our package, so she just has to put it together and do the payment. She was laughing about my little obsession with knowing everything about Disney - she said she has been tempted to call me when a client has Disney questions she doesn't know the answer to. :) She handled our arrangements last October and again for August. She also booked everything for our friends who are traveling with us.

I don't know anything about any dining deal like the one described in the OP, and for WDW there is no AAA Fast Pass benefit. I have the 2006 AAA Disney brochure and I have been through it over and over again. There is no mention of anything like those benefits, even in the more expensive packages. I make my own ADRs because my TA doesn't get up at 6 AM to call Disney Dining. :rotfl:

I am going to pick up our travel documents in the morning (YAY!!) and the only things I expect to be in there as "extras" are the Planet Hollywood voucher and the Story Time voucher.

Either the traveler or her TA are VERY confused. I think someone needs to review her documents with her and see exactly what this package is (and what theme park it is valid for!) before it's too late! Any way to ask which resort they are staying in, or what airport they are flying into?

Yes, USO has a new laser show. We plan to attend that tomorrow night! :cool1:
Express passes are also USO.

Story time voucher.....AAA has a story time with an unnamed guest (we had alice as did many others but it does vary and is not announced and even the pople in there that night claim not to know who will be comming). You have to be booked through AAA. they do three readings a night around dinner time. I cant remember which nights they do it. So the voucher would be what you give them when you go. You can make your reservations without it since you may not get your voucher until it is too late because it is all booked up.

Beth Cam beat me to it! :)

Packages booked through AAA come with the story time voucher instead of the free soda voucher you used to get for the AAA lounge.

I called at 90 days out to make sure we got in. I go pick up our documents tomorrow (33 days out) so calling in advance is probably necessary if you want to be sure to get a spot.

There is a big one page thing in the AAA catalog promoting this feature, so if they were handing out free food for 4 nights or giving you a front of the line pass then CERTAINLY it would be covered with the same amount of fanfare as a 20 minute story that they only offer 2 days out of the week! That's why I think the people referenced in the OP are in for a nasty shock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter