Anyone have online booking yet?

I've been able to access since this morning. It seems pretty user-friendly for easy bookings. I think you will have to call MS for more complicated transactions such as booking more than 1 room at a time, buying a few points if short for reservation, etc. It will be so nice just to get a feel what might be open for a possible trip without having to call MS.

I was able to use it for a relatively simple transaction. I did a home resort booking for a 1bdrm unit in Oct - Nov 2012 using banked and 2011 use year points from two different home resort contracts. It worked fine.

I was also able to see that there was no availability for some time in July that I have procrastinated in booking.

Further, I was able to book after Member Services was closed.

This seems like a great improvement to me.

Yep! I used it today to see what other resorts were available for our upcoming ressie. One quick phone call and they made the switch for me. Even if we had the ability to make changes to a ressie, I don't know that I would have done it myself. We're going the week of President's Day and with the limited availability I'd be afraid I'd loose what I already had. :scared1:

I do wish you could search for a particular room size at all resorts. Or that you could search by resort and see what is available.

Overall it's better than nothing.;)

Just added an extra VGC night to our August trip and it worked like a charm. Very easy! I'm very impressed overall.

Just a quick question. When you added that night, did you modify your existing reservation or did you just book that night and somehow linked it to your reservation?

And did it give you either of these options?

I had check for availabity, but I have to wait until April to book my 2013 reservation. I have two upcoming reservations and no where does it give me the option to modify -- only the option to cancel.

Look what I just tried.

I have a September U/Y.
Sometimes, we go end of August through beginning of September.
I wanted to see if it would let me book not my home resort longer than 7 months away....this is what I got:

"Your travel dates may not overlap two Use Years. However, you can book through the end of one Use Year now and then book an additional accommodation for the rest of your travel dates. Or if you prefer, please contact Member Services at (800) ******** to help you book your stay."

I currently am going this year from Aug. 26-September 3.
The computer is telling me to book Aug 26-Aug 31 and a new ressie from Sept 1-Sept 3. I wonder if this would be 2 ressies since I would want to make sure I don't have to swich categories or rooms while on my vacation.
I would hate to book the Aug part only to find out that my Sept part wasn't available and then have to look for new resort.
I guess I would need to call in the future (although I am moving at my 7 month mark next week and definately will be calling).

Well, 125 posts ago, I started this thread and then had to go to work.

I got home tonight and now I too can book online! :banana:

I'm happy to hear that it is available after the 5 pm. Now the $10,000 question is what happens on those 11 month/7 month booking window? Hopefully someone can let me know ;)

I still have to wait a month :sad1: until I am an official owner (putting myself in the honorary category right now :woohoo:).

With the online ability to check to availability, one could easily check the accuracy of the resort availability thread :idea:

Anyone BLT owners want to tell me the availability of 2br at BLT for Nov 6 - 11? I'm chomping at the bit to make my reservations!!!!!!

I'm happy to hear that it is available after the 5 pm. Now the $10,000 question is what happens on those 11 month/7 month booking window? Hopefully someone can let me know ;)

I still have to wait a month :sad1: until I am an official owner (putting myself in the honorary category right now :woohoo:).

With the online ability to check to availability, one could easily check the accuracy of the resort availability thread :idea:

Anyone BLT owners want to tell me the availability of 2br at BLT for Nov 6 - 11? I'm chomping at the bit to make my reservations!!!!!!

No standard view, but everything else is available! Love the new online booking! Definitely exceeding expectations! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I am shocked at he smooth the online booking seems to be!!

I hate to ask and will most likely open a can of worms, but if there are any BWV owners out there that are playing around on the booking site, if you check 10/14-20 for a std view studio and std view 2 BR. Thanks to anyone who can look.

I just booked and it was really easy. If only part of your stay is available, you can book a partial stay.

I had to borrow some points, and even that was super easy.

I am shocked at he smooth the online booking seems to be!!

I hate to ask and will most likely open a can of worms, but if there are any BWV owners out there that are playing around on the booking site, if you check 10/14-20 for a std view studio and std view 2 BR. Thanks to anyone who can look.

Nothing in the standard view but both are available in pool/garden view

No standard view, but everything else is available! Love the new online booking! Definitely exceeding expectations! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks!!!

So curious question. You say you can waitlist online? We will have 219 points once we (hopefully pass ROFR) close. We are looking for 2 br for those 5 nights. LV would be 229. So I would have to borrow 10 points from 2013. We don't plan on traveling in 2013, we were going to bank them. So if (when our contract is final) I book the 2 br LV, then I will have to borrow the 10 points to do it. That transactions is final correct? If I were to waitlist a SV and it actually came through (not banking on that) I would NOT be able to return the 10 borrowed points correct? I know I could then use the borrowed points first, then this years and bank the rest, but that would be of no use since we are not going in 2013.

I'm ok with the LV and borrowing the 10 points. I just was curious.

I am loving the online booking as well!

I did notice that when looking at the room description for the 1 bedrooms (at least for BWV and SSR), it sounds like 5 people can be in the room.

- Sleeps 4 – 5th guest can be accomodated, but must provide their own bedding and linens
- 1 king-size bed & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
- Full kitchen
- Washer/dryer
- Full bathroom with whirlpool tub

Does anyone know if this is true? This would be a big deal for our friends who have a family of 5. They would be fine in figuring out bedding/linens for the kids... Would all 5 of them get Magical Express?

Thanks for your thoughts!

I am loving the online booking as well!

I did notice that when looking at the room description for the 1 bedrooms (at least for BWV and SSR), it sounds like 5 people can be in the room.

- Sleeps 4 – 5th guest can be accomodated, but must provide their own bedding and linens
- 1 king-size bed & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
- Full kitchen
- Washer/dryer
- Full bathroom with whirlpool tub

Does anyone know if this is true? This would be a big deal for our friends who have a family of 5. They would be fine in figuring out bedding/linens for the kids... Would all 5 of them get Magical Express?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Five in a 1-bedroom (except for Values at AKV Jambo House) has been allowed for sometime now.

I am really pleased so far. Checking availability online is a huge improvement, and booking and wait listing online is great. I have no problem with the fact that they are only doing simple booking online, no complex modifications or transferred points. That's where problems are more likely to happen, so I'm okay with dealing with a person for that.

I only wish I had a trip to book today, especially since there's availability for what I want, but I have to wait on a scheduling decision. All in all, as an uber-planner, I love it!

It's not easy to find, but there is a way to cancel a reservation and you can also add a dining plan using the new on-line system.

When I went on the DVC website today, it permitted me to proceed to the online booking. It permits you to choose dates within your home and non-home resorts only (i.e. if you are between the 7 and 11 month period, you can only view your home resort availability). Seems like a pretty easy process, however did not go through the entire booking. It is also past closing time for DVC member services and is still permitting me to book a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter