Anyone have online booking yet?

No way to cancel prior reservation and then easily book quickly without fear that room you want will become unavailable in the interim. Have to email to bank points like before and wait for verification before doing on-line booking.
I think in that situation I would have multiple windows open. I would set up the new reservation in one, up to the point where you apply the points to pay for it. If I needed to bank those points before making the new reservation I would have a window open ready to do that. I would have another window open to cancel the existing reservation, then go back to the first and use the newly freed (and possibly banked) points to finish the new reservation. This assumes the freed (and banked) points are visible to the users of the online booking application as quickly as they are to MS CMs.

As it turns out, I may need to do exactly this very soon. If I do it online I'll report back on how well it works!

Has anyone had a problem loggin in? It keep telling me "bad attempt"...this is the same user and same password i have used for years logging in!!!! I am annoyed i can't get in now...have to call MS tomorrow and deal with that now!!!!:sad2:

I think in that situation I would have multiple windows open. I would set up the new reservation in one, up to the point where you apply the points to pay for it. If I needed to bank those points before making the new reservation I would have a window open ready to do that. I would have another window open to cancel the existing reservation, then go back to the first and use the newly freed (and possibly banked) points to finish the new reservation. This assumes the freed (and banked) points are visible to the users of the online booking application as quickly as they are to MS CMs.

As it turns out, I may need to do exactly this very soon. If I do it online I'll report back on how well it works!

I don't think it will allow that, will it. I know if I even forget to sign out of Disney World. com it won't let me sign into my DVC account. :confused3

I don't think it will allow that, will it. I know if I even forget to sign out of Disney World. com it won't let me sign into my DVC account. :confused3
You would be logged in only once. To open multiple windows under the same session, right click on the link for the web page you want to access and select "Open in new tab" or "Open in new window". You then have two windows open under the same session. This works just fine on most websites.

There is a link to let you bank on the first screen in the tips section.

As for two windows being open at the same time, not sure how that would work. Havng one window booking against your point balance while another is canceling to add to the balance might be an issue. They have to control what transaction "owns" the balance for update.
Same with having multiple windows open to try to book multiple rooms at the same time.

I am wondering if this will be added at some point but to start out, they just want to be able to see how booking rooms goes.

It may be similar to the dining reservations that notices a conflict and asks if you want to replace the old with the new.

But, at this point, since they don't even know how this will work, it would be too risky having people trying to change at the 7 month mark and end up with nothing. Those calls would certainly overload MS!

But, I do think it will be a feature down the line if the booking goes well.

if you have 2 contracts can you book with points from both of them. i see you can book 2 separate but can you take points fron both contracts for one trip,if so how. thanks

I am wondering if this will be added at some point but to start out, they just want to be able to see how booking rooms goes.

It may be similar to the dining reservations that notices a conflict and asks if you want to replace the old with the new.

But, at this point, since they don't even know how this will work, it would be too risky having people trying to change at the 7 month mark and end up with nothing. Those calls would certainly overload MS!

But, I do think it will be a feature down the line if the booking goes well.
I'm not talking about switching resorts at the 7-month mark although someone could do it as I describe if they wished. There are times when plans change, perhaps at the 10-month point, where you have something booked and need to cancel it, bank those points and book something else using those points. It can be done with the website as it is**, it's just not as easy as it could be because all these activities happen on different web pages.

The option to bank points is still there but on a different section of the website. The option to cancel a reservation is there, but on yet another page. So you can cancel a reservation, bank the points and then make a new reservation with the banked points, but not efficiently. I'm just advocating having the relevant screens open and ready to go to do it as efficiently as possible.

**ETA: I should say it is PROBABLY possible to do this on the website as it is. I haven't tried it and don't know for sure how long it takes for points banked online to appear in one's account, ready to use for a new reservation. Similarly, I don't know if cancelling a reservation instantly returns those points to one's account.

What if you're booking a reservation and you want to buy the one time use points? Is there a link for that I wonder?

There is a link to let you bank on the first screen in the tips section.

As for two windows being open at the same time, not sure how that would work. Havng one window booking against your point balance while another is canceling to add to the balance might be an issue. They have to control what transaction "owns" the balance for update.
Same with having multiple windows open to try to book multiple rooms at the same time.
But remember this is a web application so developers would normally code things in such a way that no step in the process "owns" the data because you never know if the user is going to complete an operation they started or just shut down the browser and walk away. A regular app gets closed, allowing the program's code the chance to release locks, close the database, etc., a web app does not so you can't really have data ownership or database locking going on. You can have state information however and so the trick is to figure out how far you can go with each activity you need to do and stop just short of that or refresh that page after doing something that affects that data.

People do this sort of thing all the time, for example on the Southwest website if you cannot modify a flight you have booked but rather have to cancel it and rebook using the newly created travel funds. You open two windows under one login, start booking the new flight stopping at the point of payment in one window, then in the other window you cancel the original flight, then go back to the first window, allocate the new Travel Funds to the new flight and finish booking.

WEll, it's not working for me. I can check availability, but get system 500 errors when I want to book.
tried 4 different browsers, and now the room that I wanted to book is gone :mad:

if you have 2 contracts can you book with points from both of them. i see you can book 2 separate but can you take points fron both contracts for one trip,if so how. thanks

If you mean you have two separate use years, then if you want to use both contracts for one trip, the only thing you can do on-line is reserve some nights with one use year and then do a new reservation reserving other nights with the other use year. Unlike a phone transaction, there is no way to link the two reservations on-line and thus you would have to call MS to do so.

What if you're booking a reservation and you want to buy the one time use points? Is there a link for that I wonder?

I looked up the availability for beach club in august this morning...but called to book because i wanted to buy the one time points...

that is the way i'd go...there is no provision to buy the one time points yet...you have to call MS...ask for them...they put someone else on the line to take the CC payment (they are charged at the time and non-refundable)...and then they dump them into your bank to be used.

i don't know if they'll even have a way to do that online...

but today was a good example for me to use both the number and the site.

Just booked a Treehouse Villa online over Xmas for 2012. Very easy to use the system. So much more convenient than calling MS!!!

Has anyone tried to see what happens if you have the same type of room booked for consecutive days under different "travel plan" numbers and try to book dinaing plan on just one number???

bookwormde

Has anyone cancelled a reservation that showed no availability before the cancelation and checked to see if the released room showed up immediately back in inventory?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter