Anyone affected by the Federal Government shut down?

My daughter needs to get an FBI background check done for an internship that's supposed to start in two weeks.

We're hoping the background check isn't affected. I would think not, but you never can tell.

It will be fun when the temporary funding and debt ceiling hit at the same time.

If I was paid by the federal government I would be saving money for the apocalypse that is still going to happen.

I had to work all day, but management was sent home as non-essential. I hope no one had any issues that required a supervisor!

It will be fun when the temporary funding and debt ceiling hit at the same time.

If I was paid by the federal government I would be saving money for the apocalypse that is still going to happen.
I can't say much of Wall Street agrees with your assessment but certainly saving money for an emergency is always a good idea no matter what sector you work in.

Anyone know how quick we get the green light to go in. Seems like the formalities with this are taking awhile. Is there a chance that it won't be quite open in the morning?

I got lost but did I just read that the government is going to be shut down till the 8th

Anyone know how quick we get the green light to go in. Seems like the formalities with this are taking awhile. Is there a chance that it won't be quite open in the morning?
Earlier today, the Senate, voted yea for the funding bill with a promise that discussions will continue for various other policies/ laws.
Fed workers will return to work tomorrow. Personally, if I needed to visit a Fed office I'd wait until Wed. They are probably backed up work wise for a full day.
ETA: Congress has presented the bill to the President for signature. I'm assuming he will do so this evening in my above post.

Last edited:
I'm happy for those who would have been out of work but this is just them kicking the can down the road.

The only thing that has a potential impact for us is if passport processing is ever stopped when we need a new or emergency passport. Had a horror situation in my head. I live overseas but what if i had my passport stolen? If I were in the USA would I be stuck? Or in some country will consular services not do it?!? Scary that and damn it passports are essential for millions.

Or a disney family losses a passport before a cruise? Can they no longer cruise?

The only thing that has a potential impact for us is if passport processing is ever stopped when we need a new or emergency passport. Had a horror situation in my head. I live overseas but what if i had my passport stolen? If I were in the USA would I be stuck? Or in some country will consular services not do it?!? Scary that and damn it passports are essential for millions.

Or a disney family losses a passport before a cruise? Can they no longer cruise?
Yanno what? I've noooooo idea when my passport expires and I use it for ID (don't drive) at least once a week. Time to check and set up a notification on my phone/computer.
Thanks for the reminder, LOL.

Yanno what? I've noooooo idea when my passport expires and I use it for ID (don't drive) at least once a week. Time to check and set up a notification on my phone/computer.
Thanks for the reminder, LOL.
No problem! If one always uses it you tend to forget they expire as it become part of daily life. Happened to use. 2 days before we were to fly to Orlando I noticed my son‘s passport was expired. I balled like a death in the family thinking our WDW trip was a no-go. Was able ton get an emergency passport at consular services but 24 hrs of pure hell waiting to get that appointment

Did hear some passports were being pricessed during shut down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter