any vmkers that play gaia wanna add me?

OK, but I created a character, I assumed there was a "game" I could enter to walk around in... Right now all I can get to is the home page :confused3 Where do I find these "Towns, Rally, or Homes?" Guess that's my new question of the day :)

Click World, then Towns.
Click Games, then Rally.
Click My Gaia, then My House.

Those should get you there.

Towns: If you want to meet up with someone, give them the adress (i.e. 5 Barton 001010) and you can shake trees and rocks for gold, catch bugs, and pick up litter. If you click the robot to the right save the items and they can go to your inventory. You can then sell them or collect them to trade in the shops later.

Rally: Show your car by parking it in the parking spots. If you want to race someone click on their car (person?)

My House: You can buy furniture to your house from the shops. Decorate it and give the address to your friends.

Just signed up for this game this evening. I am MeShellMyBelle in the game. Still figuring things out, but it looks like it could be fun :goodvibes

Michelle

Aloha :)
On there I'm...

Spongeblair! :O

oh btw I got hacked my avi usually looks better.
~Spongeblair

Thanks for the friend requests Aurora and Shadow. So great to see DIS Friends :goodvibes

I'll be sending friend requests out soon to everyone else in this thread. I'm still figuring out how to get around this game.. I ended up in a cinema watching Hairspray last night, and can't remember how I found it :confused3 But I stayed and watched, because I realized I was earning cash by doing so :rotfl2:

I am addicted to the jigsaw puzzles though. I forsee much time being spent figuring out those puzzles.

Michelle

I signed up as Mummykat. Did a couple of puzzles and tried my hand at fishing without much luck. Hope to see other VMK refugees there. I will be looking. Feel free to add me. Thanks :thumbsup2

Click World, then Towns.
Click Games, then Rally.
Click My Gaia, then My House.

Those should get you there.

Towns: If you want to meet up with someone, give them the adress (i.e. 5 Barton 001010) and you can shake trees and rocks for gold, catch bugs, and pick up litter. If you click the robot to the right save the items and they can go to your inventory. You can then sell them or collect them to trade in the shops later.

Rally: Show your car by parking it in the parking spots. If you want to race someone click on their car (person?)

My House: You can buy furniture to your house from the shops. Decorate it and give the address to your friends.

So there is no way to find an address unless someone gives you their house address? Do you have to go to the map and search and search for it by clicking the little squares?
(One of my friends gave me the actual link to their home and I lost it :( )

The only way I have seen to find friends there is to send them a message and tell them which game I am in. So far I can only meet at fishing (which I am so bad at I hate it) or puzzles which is nice.

Are there any other ways to find friends?
VMK was so simple; just click friends list and go there!
I am so spoiled :)

Thanks for any help you give. :goodvibes

im leylo but i only just been on it since around a year

My name on there is amazingsuperpixie I believe. I haven't logged in in a long time because the site was very confusing to me. I will try it again soon though! Feel free to add me if you want!

So there is no way to find an address unless someone gives you their house address? Do you have to go to the map and search and search for it by clicking the little squares?
(One of my friends gave me the actual link to their home and I lost it :( )

Everyone has a link to their house address -- if you're in the HOUSE area, click on the link below "Share my home." Just PM the address to all your friends. The bad thing is, you can only have 5 links to your friends' homes in your Directory. What I did, is paste my friends' house URLs into a txt file and saved it on my computer. This way you can save as many as you like, then just cut and paste it into your browser. Woot!

By the way, you can also make your house open only to friends if you want (highly suggestible). In your HOUSE window, there are preferences listed at the bottom. You can also go into your ACCOUNT area from MY GAIA.

Also...for all of you who don't know, there is an awesome site with information on Gaia... http://www.tektek.org. You can do all kinds of things there, as well as make your dream avatar, preview every item that has ever been out in Gaia and the price even if it's no longer available, find a design for your profile, get signature images, find information on Gaia quests, and more. :goodvibes

You should look in your account -- there are many preferences that you can change there. (MY GAIA -> ACCOUNT) I made my house only viewable by friends but my profile viewable by everyone. :)

To view your friends list and see who's online -- click MY GAIA --> FRIENDS. Above the search box on the right side there is a link "ONLINE." If you click that, you will be able to see who's online at that moment. You can send a PM to a friend here and view their profiles as well (click on the little chat bubble in the window next to their name to send a pm, and click on their title to view their profile). By the way, you can earn gold by posting in profiles as well. Every bit of surfing the site gives you gold...don't forget to click on the Daily chance cart that pops up each day you log in (click on every subhead each day (HOME, MY GAIA, WORLD...etc.)

There are many places to find other people (if you're looking for strangers as well lol):

• MY GAIA --> MY HOUSE --> Once you're inside your own house, click on Directory. This will show you a map, and your house lot will be blinking. If you click on ZOOM OUT on the top left, you can search for other areas in Gaia Towns. You can also look for an empty lot if you haven't placed your house yet, or view population in each area -- if you click on VIEW POPULATION and hover your cursor over the boxes, you will see how many ppl are in each instance. Red areas have more ppl. If you want to stay in your house after viewing the Directory, just click close on the bottom right.

Once inside your house or anyone else's, you can click EXIT and meet up just outside the house you were just in. From there, you can walk around town together. :)

When you are in a friend's house, click on Directory and hover your cursor over the map area where your friend's house is. Click on your friend's house and click ADD TO FAVORITES. You can add up to 5 friend's houses in your favorite places on the right side of your Directory.
  • WORLD --> WORLD MAP. Here you can view all of Gaia towns.
  • WORLD --> TOWNS. This will bring you right into the towns. There are NPCs here as well that provide information. You can search around by clicking on the arrows at the end of each town area. In towns, don't forget to pick up various items such as trash, flowers, and other garbage. Click on trees, rocks and bushes too -- for gold.
  • WORLD --> TOWNS --> CINEMAS. Here you can watch various movies and old television shows with friends. Scroll down once you're in the cinema, and find the movie you want to watch. There may be more than 1 page listed. Once you find the movie you want to watch, click on DETAILS then SHOW TIMES. Click on the showing you want to watch and you're in. Send your friend the details of the movie you're planning on watching and the time, and you can be in the same room. If you choose to make a private room, it will cost you gold. :)
  • WORLD --> VJ. Here you can watch youtube videos/movies and earn gold with friends.
  • WORLD --> SPONSORED WORLDS -- VIRTUAL HOLLYWOOD. Then click on CHECK OUT MTV’s VIRTUAL HOLLYWOOD ON GAIA, choose a game server and tell your friends where you are.
  • GAMES --> JIGSAW. You can play puzzles and chat with friends. Make a private room by choosing a server --> join --> create --> and then the lock icon for a private room. Enter a password for your room, click PLAY and tell friends the server and pw so they can join you.
  • RALLY --> Choose server (turn pike, freeway or highway) --> then either join or create a public room. Tell your friends in a pm where you are so you can meet up.
  • SLOTS --> Follow same instructions for above, except there are no server names...you go straight to choosing or creating a room.
  • CARDS --> Follow same instructions for SLOTS.
  • FISHING --> Follow same instructions for RALLY.
  • PINBALL --> Choose a SERVER or PLAY ALONE --> If you choose a server, you then have the option of creating a room and making a password so you can meet only with friends who you give the password to.

I hope this helps you! :)

THANK-YOU so very much Days for posting that information above.

It will be very helpful. Especially to me. Thanks so much!

Lots of good information for a Newbie!

VMK just seemed easier to me when I first started, to just wander around and figure things out. I think that's why I really didn't understand Gaia as much.

Hugs! :hug:

-Astro :goodvibes

I just started Gaia today. My id there is Paloma Magic. Wanna add me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter