Any tips for disembarking and getting to Alamo at Port Canaveral?

steveyjc81

DIS Veteran
Three of us (2A1C) with luggage will be disembarking Wonder of the Seas and need to get to the Alamo car rental place in Port Canaveral. Any tips?

Is it best for all of us to take the shuttle, or one of us to take the shuttle, then pick the others and luggage up, or alternatively, all take an Uber (though I'm getting that would be an issue with the driver for such a short distance?)

Any tips would be appreciated

I'd have one person go to get the car and then drive over to pickup the rest of the party and the luggage.

How old is the child? My gut says to do what @OKW Lover says, but I wouldn't want to be the one at the ship with the child and luggage and just waiting (guessing an hour+) for the other to get the shuttle, get the car, then get back and fight the traffic to get in to pick up the others.

I'd be surprised if Alamo doesn't have a shuttle you can all hop on to get you to the rental office.

One word of advice when you get the car look it over and take pictures of every part of it and if any dents, scratches, etc let someone know so they can note it. Take pics every day you have it. We used Alamo many times on trips mostly from MCO but a few times from locations in other states with no issues until last summer. We rented from the Atlanta airport. We were in a rush and forgot to take pictures. A month after the trip I got an e-mail that we owed for damages which was weird because we never got into an accident and checked the car every day when the valet at the hotel brought it out to us. I called and the person I spoke to said there was nothing in their system about a problem with the car to ignore it must be an error. A month after that I got a letter with pictures so called and this person said after they got the car back found things. I was told no one else drove the car after us for a while so there could not have been a mixup with someone else. We wonder if something happened after we returned it and possibly sat there. I found out during the second conversation that when we brought it back the guy was supposed to look it over with us he did not do that just said to leave it. There was no way to prove anything so we paid. We will definitely take pictures every day we rent a car going forward and make sure it is looked over by someone upon return.

in the early morning the pick up line inside the parking garage is very long.
There is a pickup area outside the garage by Grill’s Restaurant.
Walk out of the garage by the elevators to the parking garage levels/where you first entered the terminal and then walk towards the ship and Grills Restaurant

Attachments

• IMG_0842.jpeg
    IMG_0842.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2
in the early morning the pick up line inside the parking garage is very long.
There is a pickup area outside the garage by Grill’s Restaurant.
Walk out of the garage by the elevators to the parking garage levels/where you first entered the terminal.
Would anyone recommend getting a later disembarkation time to avoid the long line? Does it ease up maybe around 9-9:30?

Would anyone recommend getting a later disembarkation time to avoid the long line? Does it ease up maybe around 9-9:30?
the disembarkation line is nearly non-existent at that point. They will also be pretty much ushering you off the ship by then too. There really isn't much you can do on board that final morning after you've had breakfast. Nothing else is open.

the disembarkation line is nearly non-existent at that point. They will also be pretty much ushering you off the ship by then too. There really isn't much you can do on board that final morning after you've had breakfast. Nothing else is open.
Good to know, thanks. We like not having to rush off a ship on d-bark day, we aim to have breakfast as late as possible.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I think I might attempt to walk it. Is it obvious where the rest of my family should wait until I collect the rental car and return for them (and luggage).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter