Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Silverfox97 said:
Was trying to analyze today. Looks that way. Fantasy doing all Easterns! Wild!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No westerns? Bummer

Ah well I'll just wait and see what dcl actually posts before deciding

Can I ask, if you don't mind, is the Alaska 9 night cruise - or the worst kept DCL secret ever cruise - the only new thing we can expect?

To be honest, I can't see what people are getting excited about. Seems same old, Magic coming to Europe again, doing the same itineraries.

Are people really that stoked about a 9 night Alaskan when the Wonder has been going there for a while?

I really hope this doesn't come across as offensive, I don't mean it to be! :)

I agree. We did the 11 night southern carib over Christmas 2010. Great ports, including Guadeloupe, Martinique, and Barbados. Would love to see that as a 2014 holiday option again. DCL originally planned the 11 day Christmas to be followed by a 10 day over New Years. We booked the 10 day and a few months prior, we were informed that the 10 day was converted to B2B Nassau 5 days. Presumably the 10 day didn't sell well enough. The 11 night was really great on the Magic, it would be even better on one of the new ships.

lbgraves said:

I'm telling you, since Friday afternoon, DHs office has been covered with paperwork - calendars, transparencies, wipe off markers, etc. It's been 4 tireless days that border on "get a life." He's got a calendar each for the Magic & Wonder from May - Dec 2014 and the Fantasy Sept - Dec. Still working on the Dream (seeing where/when her dry dock will be). It's almost ready to be published ;)

Again, there was a source on some of the new stuff (I don't consider all Easterns on the Fantasy exciting or "new"), but we need to use the public stuff to back it up so they don't get in trouble..... And who knows, it could all be wrong.

But it'll be out in a few days right? Doesn't seem worth the work... But knowing him he probably liked it lol. I do NOT find port schedules entertaining lol

luv2sleep said:
Say what's this now about no westerns?

On the Fantasy. St. Maarten port calendar lists the Fantasy there every week.

Grand Cayman port lists the Wonder every week, so Westerns would be there.

Again, there was a source on some of the new stuff (I don't consider all Easterns on the Fantasy exciting or "new"), but we need to use the public stuff to back it up so they don't get in trouble..... And who knows, it could all be wrong.

It is honorable that you are searching for backup for the information your source gave you to ensure that they do not get in trouble. Without that backup, the blame would surely lead quickly to only a few people. I think we all have seen what happens when DCL execs find out there has been a leak -- most recently with the Parrot Cay, Spa and Topsider's renovation renderings. Much more considerate than someone who simply repeats anything and everything they think they hear, passing it off as their own information, with no regard of who might be penalized by that information being published. Some people just want all the attention that goes with being "the first" to get the information out there. If they do that, they need to be willing to accept the criticism when it doesn't all pan out.

Well if someone is leaking info from inside then they should be prepared to be punished. Dumb way to lose your job imo.

lbgraves said:
It is honorable that you are searching for backup for the information your source gave you to ensure that they do not get in trouble. Without that backup, the blame would surely lead quickly to only a few people. I think we all have seen what happens when DCL execs find out there has been a leak -- most recently with the Parrot Cay, Spa and Topsider's renovation renderings. Much more considerate than someone who simply repeats anything and everything they think they hear, passing it off as their own information, with no regard of who might be penalized by that information being published. Some people just want all the attention that goes with being "the first" to get the information out there. If they do that, they need to be willing to accept the criticism when it doesn't all pan out.

And THAT is precisely why it's still under wraps. Scott said if he doesn't get it posted before its officially released, so be it.

mevans0000 said:
Any speculation or word about Summer 2014 Alaska or Europe?

With the 9-night Sitka on the DCL site map, Alaska is most likely a go in 2014

TifffanyD said:
But it'll be out in a few days right? Doesn't seem worth the work... But knowing him he probably liked it lol. I do NOT find port schedules entertaining lol

Oh he's an analyzing MACHINE. Past schedules, all kinds of stuff. You are right, he likes it. Today I got involved, too. Sucked me in like a vortex LOL

Silverfox97 said:
Oh he's an analyzing MACHINE. Past schedules, all kinds of stuff. You are right, he likes it. Today I got involved, too. Sucked me in like a vortex LOL

Lol that's what I do all day at work so no way, Jose am I doing it in my precious free time

No, we haven't all seen what happens. :confused3 I did see the pics that were posted. Did someone lose their job for that?:scared1:

I would never risk losing my job over something so stupid. I work in a hosp that has made flu shots mandatory. A coworker forged a note from her dr that she had one at their office. It was investigated and discovered she hadn't been seen there in 3 yrs. So a single mom making almost 6 figures loses her job 2 weeks before Christmas.:worried: I felt so bad but people will do risky things sometimes. I don't get it.

ruadisneyfan2 said:
No, we haven't all seen what happens. :confused3 I did see the pics that were posted. Did someone lose their job for that?:scared1:

I would never risk losing my job over something so stupid. I work in a hosp that has made flu shots mandatory. A coworker forged a note from her dr that she had one at their office. It was investigated and discovered she hadn't been seen there in 3 yrs. So a single mom making almost 6 figures loses her job 2 weeks before Christmas.:worried: I felt so bad but people will do risky things sometimes. I don't get it.

Yup I've seen ppl fired for bragging about seeing celebrities files. One even accessed one and discussed it on the radio. Sheesh!!

I was referring to the fact that within hours of the link being discovered and posted on the DIS boards, every single confidential link that was available previously had been taken down. DCL monitors this board, and likely others on the internet. Someone probaby got in a lot of trouble -- whether it included losing their job or not. The information was obviously not intended by Disney to be available online without restricted access.

BTW, that thread has the link to a blog that has screenshots of the renovations so you can check them out there. :)

lbgraves said:
I was referring to the fact that within hours of the link being discovered and posted on the DIS boards, every single confidential link that was available previously had been taken down. DCL monitors this board, and likely others on the internet. Someone probaby got in a lot of trouble -- whether it included losing their job or not. The information was obviously not intended by Disney to be available online without restricted access.

BTW, that thread has the link to a blog that has screenshots of the renovations so you can check them out there. :)

I saw the pictures on the dry dock manufacturers website only - so perhaps it was someone on their side that got into trouble? Not someone from DCL?

Fingers crossed, as I may have to move my May '13 REPO to 2014.

This is not directed toward you, exactly, but I kinda think this is why DCL is waiting to release these....they have too many Med cruises, Transatlantic, Panama Canal, this year's Alaska cruises where the PIF dates are/were in January...

Had they released the 2014 itineraries earlier...they probably would have seen more cancellations than is usual (whatever "usual" is)...

This is not directed toward you, exactly, but I kinda think this is why DCL is waiting to release these....they have too many Med cruises, Transatlantic, Panama Canal, this year's Alaska cruises where the PIF dates are/were in January...

Had they released the 2014 itineraries earlier...they probably would have seen more cancellations than is usual (whatever "usual" is)...
I'm still holding onto the thread of hope that I will not have to cancel. I booked on opening day, January 2012, but because of finances, looks like my well planned out cruise will have to wait another year.:guilty: When I booked, my paperwork said that PIF date was in January '13, but when I called to verify, I was told that the actual date was in March '13.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter