Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

It wasn't on the Gibralter port calendar, so that's why it's left off his predictions.

Good thoughts, Nancy. I think that his thinking with the 2-cruise to no where was port space on the others plus past history - ill have to ask him later; I'm at work today.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I edited my original post once more as you were posting!

Here is another thought on the 9-night itinerary - based on my 14-night HAL Alaska cruise in 2011. After our day in Sitka, we had a sea day, then arrived in Victoria at noon and stayed until 11:00 p.m. The cruise ended the next morning. I think it would be very easy for DCL to fit Victoria into the 9-night cruise, and it would make it even more attractive:

Day 1 - Vancouver
Day 2 - sea day
Day 3 - Ketchikan
Day 4 - Tracy Arm
Day 5 - Juneau
Day 6 - Skagway
Day 7 - Sitka
Day 8 - sea day
Day 9 - Victoria
Day 10 - Vancouver

Whatever the order of Alaskan ports - with a full sea day on day 8, the ship can spend almost a full day in Victoria on Day 9.

I edited my original post once more as you were posting!

Here is another thought on the 9-night itinerary - based on my 14-night HAL Alaska cruise in 2011. After our day in Sitka, we had a sea day, then arrived in Victoria at noon and stayed until 11:00 p.m. The cruise ended the next morning. I think it would be very easy for DCL to fit Victoria into the 9-night cruise, and it would make it even more attractive:

Day 1 - Vancouver
Day 2 - sea day
Day 3 - Ketchikan
Day 4 - Tracy Arm
Day 5 - Juneau
Day 6 - Skagway
Day 7 - Sitka
Day 8 - sea day
Day 9 - Victoria
Day 10 - Vancouver

Whatever the order of Alaskan ports - with a full sea day on day 8, the ship can spend almost a full day in Victoria on Day 9.

If they are going to Victoria, does that mean they will be sailing out of Seattle next year....? We had to bump Alaska off the itinerary this year, but I think we'd hold out hope for inside passage in 2015...

If they are going to Victoria, does that mean they will be sailing out of Seattle next year....? We had to bump Alaska off the itinerary this year, but I think we'd hold out hope for inside passage in 2015...

I think they will sail from Vancouver. With 2 additional days - they have time for an extra port, and could spend a long day in Victoria. However, they might sail to the west of Vancouver Island on the return as they go to Victoria and then Vancouver.

In 2012, DCL HAD to make a foreign port stop (Victoria) since the cruise was roundtrip from a US port (Seattle).

TifffanyD said:
Hm nothing there very exciting to me.

If they offer a southern Caribbean on a classic ship, I'll take it (depending on price of course). Would be the best New Years ever for us!!!

Alaska & Europe aren't in the cards for us yet.....

If they offer a southern Caribbean on a classic ship, I'll take it (depending on price of course). Would be the best New Years ever for us!!!

Alaska & Europe aren't in the cards for us yet.....

I hear ya... 10 nights is hard for us... and NY pricing would be insane. I looked up the past Southern Itinerary and I'd be happier if they cut St Thomas (and CC?) to make it a 7-8 day. Also... if it leaves on NYE it will run past school vacations, right? Might be a tough sell...

TifffanyD said:
I hear ya... 10 nights is hard for us... and NY pricing would be insane. I looked up the past Southern Itinerary and I'd be happier if they cut St Thomas (and CC?) to make it a 7-8 day. Also... if it leaves on NYE it will run past school vacations, right? Might be a tough sell...

Perfect here though! Kids in our school get out right before Christmas and go back mid Jan. if love a 10 night NYE cruise!

OK, so is it just me? I don't see any 9-night Alaska cruise or a port in Sitka on the DCL site map.

Sayhello

Yes, Tobi - it's just you! ;) It looks like DCL removed the 9-night Alaska cruise and Sitka (and also Victoria, I think) from the site map - but it WAS there!

sayhello said:
OK, so is it just me? I don't see any 9-night Alaska cruise or a port in Sitka on the DCL site map.

Sayhello

It's gone today. It was there before. Sitka and the 9 night Alaska cruise.

If you can't find it, I have a screen shot of it. Expected it to disappear eventually. ;)

I think they will sail from Vancouver. With 2 additional days - they have time for an extra port, and could spend a long day in Victoria. However, they might sail to the west of Vancouver Island on the return as they go to Victoria and then Vancouver.

In 2012, DCL HAD to make a foreign port stop (Victoria) since the cruise was roundtrip from a US port (Seattle).

I hope you are right! :cloud9: I was just worried when I saw Victoria since that was how I understood it too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter