Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

I thought someone posted that cruisers onboard can book with platinum & gold. Maybe I misread that? :confused3

I thought someone said they were still able to book despite not being gold or platinum.

It can't hurt to try.

Someone started another thread and a couple posted that they will let you book with gold/platinum.

Of course, the cruise desk won't open till 9:30.. I'll be on board and will try this as I am only silver.

ruadisneyfan2 said:
I thought someone posted that cruisers onboard can book with platinum & gold. Maybe I misread that? :confused3

I thought someone said they were still able to book despite not being gold or platinum.

It can't hurt to try.

When they released the beginning of 2014 in Dec., the Gold & Platinum CC members received letters in their staterooms informing of the release & subsequent ability to book. Silver & the other folks booked the day after.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Someone started another thread and a couple posted that they will let you book with gold/platinum.

Of course, the cruise desk won't open till 9:30.. I'll be on board and will try this as I am only silver.

When they released the beginning of 2014 in Dec., the Gold & Platinum CC members received letters in their staterooms informing of the release & subsequent ability to book. Silver & the other folks booked the day after.

Sometimes DCL releases new dates to everyone. Sometimes they allow only Platinum and Gold CC members to book the first day with everyone else booking the next. This would explain why there have been two different things experienced onboard. It sounds like if there is a distinction between booking dates for CC members, then it is also enforced onboard. Either way, I would suggest doing the same thing that I do each cruise to avoid sitting in long lines at the booking desk. Just fill out the form and drop it in the box prior to the opening day. I always do that the afternoon we board and have a quote in our room after dinner, so the agents are working at times when they are not at the desk.

For platinum/gold day 1 bookings, is it over the phone only? What time have they started in the past? If online, is it midnite like booking cruise activities?
Thanks!

For platinum/gold day 1 bookings, is it over the phone only? What time have they started in the past? If online, is it midnite like booking cruise activities?
Thanks!

Platinum and Gold will book beginning at 8 a.m. only on the phone. The prices will go online the morning silver can book.

lbgraves said:
Sometimes DCL releases new dates to everyone. Sometimes they allow only Platinum and Gold CC members to book the first day with everyone else booking the next. This would explain why there have been two different things experienced onboard. It sounds like if there is a distinction between booking dates for CC members, then it is also enforced onboard. Either way, I would suggest doing the same thing that I do each cruise to avoid sitting in long lines at the booking desk. Just fill out the form and drop it in the box prior to the opening day. I always do that the afternoon we board and have a quote in our room after dinner, so the agents are working at times when they are not at the desk.

Right. The cruises released in Dec were "new" since they included Jamaica.

Rest assured these announced will be new ;)

Silverfox97 said:

The 9 night Alaska would be new I would think.

DCL hasn't always used reason when determining if they will release early to CC members though. Maybe they have listened to complaints about the times they haven't. Hopefully they won't repeat the silent release they did in 2011 where nothing was sent out to anyone.

Did I miss something? Did the new itineraries get leaked? Or is this all still speculation?

Kathymford said:
Did I miss something? Did the new itineraries get leaked? Or is this all still speculation?

There's a 9 night to Alaska showing on the DCL site map.

More info coming soon!

Several sources say the new itineraries will be released 2-11-13 and will include a 9-day Alaskan cruise which includes Sitka.

Silverfox97 said:

Can I ask, if you don't mind, is the Alaska 9 night cruise - or the worst kept DCL secret ever cruise - the only new thing we can expect?

To be honest, I can't see what people are getting excited about. Seems same old, Magic coming to Europe again, doing the same itineraries.

Are people really that stoked about a 9 night Alaskan when the Wonder has been going there for a while?

I really hope this doesn't come across as offensive, I don't mean it to be! :)

Looks like there may be a 10 night Med cruise. I just saw that posted on the blog of a former poster here - AndrewDerekUK. He always seemed to have great resources and he was usually spot on. He has some screen shots.

Looks like there may be a 10 night Med cruise. I just saw that posted on the blog of a former poster here - AndrewDerekUK. He always seemed to have great resources and he was usually spot on. He has some screen shots.

Ohhh!!! A 10 night med would be awesome!!! DH and I have decided to do Med in 2014 if available. Would love a 10 night. :thumbsup2

10-night means no Venice. :sad1: Really hoping for the 2013 Venice itinerary...Can't go this year, so really want to do it in 2014...

kaseyC said:

Yes, Scott & I saw that on DCLs page too (beautiful pic of the actually). The image is from 2009.

ETA: AndrewDerekUK poached the port calendar pics from Scott - check the "DisneyCruiseLineBlog" watermark at the bottom of the photo.....love it when people copy & can't do their OWN work!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter