Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

I can't justify the cost when we only sleep and shower in the rooms. Values are the way for us now. We like POP.
We spend a lot of time at the resort, usually mid day breaks etc and a great pool with a slide is a must for us, but if we were all day parks people we would not spend the extra money either.

I should also add that we typically go at the end of Jan / early Feb, so the weather can be iffy for pool days. Although, you can always tell who is from colder climates as the cold doesn't really deter us LOL Air temps at 21°? In the pool we go!

I should also add that we typically go at the end of Jan / early Feb, so the weather can be iffy for pool days. Although, you can always tell who is from colder climates as the cold doesn't really deter us LOL Air temps at 21°? In the pool we go!
Haha - I should have mentioned that we only care about the pool when we go in the summer. In January it’s been way too cold, even for us Canadians at least 50% of the time. Many times high of 12-14 Celsius in Orlando and colder in the morning and evening. Even when it gets up to 21, it’s too cool in the PM for swims. No thank you, not swimming. Lol
In the winter our choice of a resort is different for sure. Great point.

Last edited:
We usually rent DVC points but this fall they are fully booked!! Everyone had points they needed to use and there is just nothing
Hard to find on-site as we are a family of 5 and it limits availability quite a bit.
I eventually found a reservation for 5 at the dolphin which is great as we love this location and I was happy with the price on my Bonvoy app. Booked the Aéroplan too
All cancelable just in case but I did buy the Disney tickets last week so worst case I would need to adjust dates.
We will have 2 under 12 but I don’t think Florida or NB will have any quarantine laws do we will just need to be prepared for some testing I think. The rest of us will have our 2 shots.
Just needed to plan something!!

We usually rent DVC points but this fall they are fully booked!! Everyone had points they needed to use and there is just nothing
Hard to find on-site as we are a family of 5 and it limits availability quite a bit.
I eventually found a reservation for 5 at the dolphin which is great as we love this location and I was happy with the price on my Bonvoy app. Booked the Aéroplan too
All cancelable just in case but I did buy the Disney tickets last week so worst case I would need to adjust dates.
We will have 2 under 12 but I don’t think Florida or NB will have any quarantine laws do we will just need to be prepared for some testing I think. The rest of us will have our 2 shots.
Just needed to plan something!!

You will have to follow the federal quarantine laws. Which right now mean a 2 week quarantine. No idea what they will be doing for kids.

What do you think the chances that Air Canada will reinstate the earlier flights. We had booked flights that left Moncton, NB at 6AM that got into Orlando around 1230pm. (either thru MTL or TO). These were all changed a couple months back to leaving at 430pm getting in at 945pm.

Pretty much wastes our day.

What do you think the chances that Air Canada will reinstate the earlier flights. We had booked flights that left Moncton, NB at 6AM that got into Orlando around 1230pm. (either thru MTL or TO). These were all changed a couple months back to leaving at 430pm getting in at 945pm.

Pretty much wastes our day.
Even pre-Covid you couldn't count on your flight remaining as what you booked up to and including the day of the flight! You can search this forum for examples of when flight changes completely botched plans - we had a coveted ADR we simply couldn't make with the changes they made to our flights. Heck, the absolute worse for us was when Westjet changed the day of the week they flew out of Kitchener/Waterloo from Wednesday to Tuesday and weren't starting until 2 weeks after we were to get HOME! They never told us, I heard from the radio station and when i checked my account the flight was listed as cancelled - that was about 2 months before we were to fly.

Long way of saying you really can't have a guarantee that what you've booked will even exist in a few months. Everything is in flux right now and will change until they get an idea of border restrictions, customer demand and staffing!

Even pre-Covid you couldn't count on your flight remaining as what you booked up to and including the day of the flight! You can search this forum for examples of when flight changes completely botched plans - we had a coveted ADR we simply couldn't make with the changes they made to our flights. Heck, the absolute worse for us was when Westjet changed the day of the week they flew out of Kitchener/Waterloo from Wednesday to Tuesday and weren't starting until 2 weeks after we were to get HOME! They never told us, I heard from the radio station and when i checked my account the flight was listed as cancelled - that was about 2 months before we were to fly.

Long way of saying you really can't have a guarantee that what you've booked will even exist in a few months. Everything is in flux right now and will change until they get an idea of border restrictions, customer demand and staffing!

Very true. I’ve had many flights changed pre covid.

I went bold with my December trip, since we are cruising from Port Canaveral I booked a hotel near the port. Normally I just get one by the airport. It's refundable though so if my flights change (again) and we get in later I'll move to the airport area. This of course if we can even cruise at that point. Who knows with the "vaccinated!" no wait "not vaccinated!" cruises happening and the fact kiddo won't be quite 12. May need to reschedule but I am trying to wait for September to see. Course at this point, given availability of Disney hotels, we won't be able to do Disney at that time either.

Just announced!

Disney will have a new nighttime spectacular for the 50th called Disney's Enchantment! Based on the photos, main street will be lit up with projections as well as the pyro, etc on the castle!

Also, Animal Kingdom is getting a dayttime show called Disney's KiteTails that will run several times per day at the Discovery River Ampitheatre.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...disney-worlds-50th-anniversary.971952/page-83

I am starting to panic a little bit about my December cruises. I keep thinking I will wait until September, which is pay in full time, and maybe by then the rules for the cruises will change. Carnival is only allowing 5% unvaccinated, and Jackson turns 12 on the cruise so I am doubtful we'll be able to get him done before we go without a lot of luck. If he's not vaccinated then they limit the excursions he can go on. If he can even go as part of that 5%. Then we have an RCL cruise, which will charge extra for tests because he'll be 12, even though his birthday is only a few days before the cruise so no way to get two shots spaced 2-3 weeks apart plus 2 weeks after the second shot. He'll also be limited then in what he can do onboard and there may be an issue with the dining room. I am debating seeing if I can just move them to 2022. But I really want to do something this year! It's been so long... problem is that Disney is booked up hotel wise for the two weeks, we could split Universal/Disney, I can move the flights so maybe we shorten the trip a bit. But I also now have Disney scheduled for April/May... I just don't know what to do any more. If I wait too long my options decrease, but if I wait there is a chance all will be well. All my problems would be solved if we lived in a province or area of Ontario that was doing the shots for kids born in 2009. I haven't even begun to worry about requirements for entering Canada at the end of the trip, assuming things will change by December...

So I just booked my flight for my December 9-18 trip, commitment made! West Jet $589.95 including seat selection (extra leg room). AC was over $1,000 yikes! According to the website I'm allowed one change. Hope I don't have to make that change. Now I just have to find a way to swallow the theme park ticket prices. :scared1:

I am starting to panic a little bit about my December cruises. I keep thinking I will wait until September, which is pay in full time, and maybe by then the rules for the cruises will change. Carnival is only allowing 5% unvaccinated, and Jackson turns 12 on the cruise so I am doubtful we'll be able to get him done before we go without a lot of luck. If he's not vaccinated then they limit the excursions he can go on. If he can even go as part of that 5%. Then we have an RCL cruise, which will charge extra for tests because he'll be 12, even though his birthday is only a few days before the cruise so no way to get two shots spaced 2-3 weeks apart plus 2 weeks after the second shot. He'll also be limited then in what he can do onboard and there may be an issue with the dining room. I am debating seeing if I can just move them to 2022. But I really want to do something this year! It's been so long... problem is that Disney is booked up hotel wise for the two weeks, we could split Universal/Disney, I can move the flights so maybe we shorten the trip a bit. But I also now have Disney scheduled for April/May... I just don't know what to do any more. If I wait too long my options decrease, but if I wait there is a chance all will be well. All my problems would be solved if we lived in a province or area of Ontario that was doing the shots for kids born in 2009. I haven't even begun to worry about requirements for entering Canada at the end of the trip, assuming things will change by December...
Sounds stressful, I hope that all works out for you. I'm so glad my kids are grown and I haven't had to navigate this with little ones. I'm rooting for you!

When we went to get our just turned 12 vaccinated,(Ontario) the nurse mentioned that the under 12 group will probably start “soon” she thinks by September. I don’t know, but hopefully this will be the case.
Edited to add - where are are in Ontario the kids have to be 12 or over on the day of their shot.

Last edited:
When we went to get our just turned 12 vaccinated,(Ontario) the nurse mentioned that the under 12 group will probably start “soon” she thinks by September. I don’t know, but of course this may be the case.

I hope so! But I did move one cruise to March, so we will now have two split trips, first one in Decembet, cruise then Disney for 6 days and March Break, Disney for a week then the cruise I moved. I still hope he can get vaccinated but at least I am a bit less stressed. I have just the flights to worrying about now. I think I will move my AC ones to March as they will be direct and only 200 more than I have already paid. I can use AM to book WestJet for December, also direct. So far direct any way, we know that can still change.

My son's pediatrician said he thought they would go down to 10 year olds soon, but I am not sure what he bases it on.

I hope so! But I did move one cruise to March, so we will now have two split trips, first one in Decembet, cruise then Disney for 6 days and March Break, Disney for a week then the cruise I moved. I still hope he can get vaccinated but at least I am a bit less stressed. I have just the flights to worrying about now. I think I will move my AC ones to March as they will be direct and only 200 more than I have already paid. I can use AM to book WestJet for December, also direct. So far direct any way, we know that can still change.

My son's pediatrician said he thought they would go down to 10 year olds soon, but I am not sure what he bases it on.
I was just editing what I wrote as it made no sense lol - but as far as kids under 12- there are currently trials in place so I’m sure it’s coming. Maybe not August or September but hopefully not too far off.
Where we are we had to wait for DS to turn 12 too. DS almost left the clinic without getting the shot, when we were checking in an older gentleman fainted feet away from us and DS was like nope, I’m out of here (he was hesitant to begin with). The staff took us in a separate area , gave him cookies and juice and said to think about it. He was so spooked though that we were there nearly an hour and even I wanted to leave at that point. (The older gentleman is fine, and his fainting was not due to getting the shot). Anyway as different nurses were coming and going to talk to my son they kept saying to him, “do you like to travel? Do you play sports? “ “Well you will have to have the vaccine”
He said at some point, why do I have to be 12 now, if I was under 12 I wouldn’t have to get it and the nurse went on to tell us that under 12 will start soon... then another one came and said the same thing.
Let’s hope, especially with things in the news like unvaccinated kids testing positive on the cruise and with school returning. I believe there will be a push to vaccinate more children even if they generally have mild cases of Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter