Another TR :) my solo trip: parks, friends, and lots of Give Kids The World

Happy Birthday! What a great place to be on your birthday. Your report was the first I saw that you got TSM Fastpast on the day. That is very hopeful news. Hope you stay dry today. :)

I've just checked my fp for today and there were times showing up for this afternoon for toy story too. Only two time slots but at least they're there. And never expected to get that one yesterday considering I didn't get there til 3.30
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone :)

Happy Birthday you are packing the parks in just shows how much you can do when solo you've put me to shame never done 4 parks in a day maybe something to aim for this trip

Happy Birthday! Enjoyed reading along. Looking forward to reading about your GKTW shifts.

Have a great time :thumbsup2

Debby you should give it a go, it's a long day but it's on the Disney bucket list ;)

Well I woke up at 6 today, despite not going to bed til close to 1am. Spent a couple of hours trying to go back to sleep and gave up about 8.30
Went for a walk around celebration, even at 9.30am it was still stupidly hot so it wasn't a very long walk...
Went back to the hotel and packed an overnight bag, then went and checked in to Saratoga. As soon as I drove in I remembered how much I miss staying on site and how much nicer it is. Got a lovely ground floor room in the paddock, can just about see high rock springs pool from the patio. I had a quick walk round and then hid in the nice air con cool of the room for a bit. I did take a quick detour to fort wilderness at some point because I fancied going horse riding but couldn't get in so will go later in the week.
I was debating walking to dtd but its so damn hot today I decided to leave it til it's cooler.
Actual temp at the mo is about 95, but the heat index (feels like temp) is 105. I mean I'm glad I came over my birthday once but won't be doing it again, it's just too warm to do anything. I got my magic band at check in but after I check out tomorrow it'll be going back in the box and I'll just go back to using my actual park ticket, they're a great idea, but I just can't stand having something rubber round my wrist in this heat
I decided to go use my voucher for a free airboat ride (got it when I bought my tickets) so am now at boggy creek. Didn't realise how far out this place is, had to keep checking google maps to make sure I hadn't missed the turnings!
Think I'm going to head into Epcot later once it's cooled down a bit, and maybe MK later as it's emh til 2am.

We expected the Magicbands to annoy us in the heat but couldn't believe how comfy they were, I even wore it on my right wrist where I dislike a watch or anything but never knew it was there.
Boggy Creek is a little far out but worth it both times we did it.

Loving hearing about your trip. Happy birthday x

Well I've had a lovely evening to round off a great birthday. On the way back from boggy creek I did a quick stop at Walmart then grabbed takeout from Steak 'n Shake. They do a garlic burger which is soooo good. I got back to my room to find a huge birthday gift and balloon on the bed from my friend back home. It's from the Disney florist, and it's got a birthday ear hat and loads of yummy snacks. Was a lovely surprise to get back to.
After dinner I wandered over to the pool bar and had a piña colava, then grabbed the bus into Epcot. Got there about 7.30 and headed for the uk pavilion as I was dropping off some chocolate to a friend who works there. Watched the end of off kilter, saw O Canada, then sat and watched illuminations. Got chatting to a lovely woman while waiting and walked back out of international gateway with her.
I headed for the boardwalk and just as I got there the frozen fireworks started so watched those go off above the boardwalk, then had a walk around and watched two awesome magicians.
Now sat at the bus stop waiting for the bus to downtown, then going to walk back to Saratoga.

A lovely end to a good day

So glad you had a lovely birthday, it sounds like you've had a rotten time of it. I hope this is the start of better things to come for you. All the very best of wishes

Well I've had a lovely evening to round off a great birthday. On the way back from boggy creek I did a quick stop at Walmart then grabbed takeout from Steak 'n Shake. They do a garlic burger which is soooo good. I got back to my room to find a huge birthday gift and balloon on the bed from my friend back home. It's from the Disney florist, and it's got a birthday ear hat and loads of yummy snacks. Was a lovely surprise to get back to.
After dinner I wandered over to the pool bar and had a piña colava, then grabbed the bus into Epcot. Got there about 7.30 and headed for the uk pavilion as I was dropping off some chocolate to a friend who works there. Watched the end of off kilter, saw O Canada, then sat and watched illuminations. Got chatting to a lovely woman while waiting and walked back out of international gateway with her.
I headed for the boardwalk and just as I got there the frozen fireworks started so watched those go off above the boardwalk, then had a walk around and watched two awesome magicians.
Now sat at the bus stop waiting for the bus to downtown, then going to walk back to Saratoga.

A lovely end to a good day

Wonderful Birthday report. I have often wondered about the Disney Florist great to hear a first account of the products. :)

Hi from Hollywood studios :)

Today's been another scorcher, so I've been trying to find more and more ways of staying out of the shade ;) I had a bit of a lie in this morning, then did a quick lot of washing before I left Saratoga (might as well while it's free!). I dropped off my stuff back at my offsite hotel, then went for a wander round Florida mall. There's loads of Labor Day sales on at the mo, but I didn't end up buying anything :(
Stopped off at publix on the way back for some more drinks, and grabbed something for lunch. I originally had fp for AK today but decided to swap to HS so I can see the frozen fireworks before they go to weekends only. Got here about 2.30 ish, and have spent the whole time dodging the sun.
So far I've done muppets, Indiana jones, oaken's wonderland (stayed to watch the ice skating), seen the dance party, missed characterpalooza again (might actually find it one of these days), and walked through one mans dream. Currently typing this on backlot tour, then going to head for rock n roller and tower of terror. Going to stay for the fireworks then head back to the hotel.
Although I haven really accomplished much today, I'm trying to take it easy and avoid getting sunstroke

Well I made it to MK about 6.30 ish, and so far used two of my fastpasses. I've got a fastpass for 7DMT at 10 but don't think I'm going to last that long. Been up since 5am UK time and it's now 1am UK time so gonna call it a day in a bit. My hotel room overlooks the pool so might just sit on the balcony or watch a bit of tv. Maybe 5 hours on arrival day was a bit ambitious! I've been on jungle cruise, haunted mansion and now walking through the space mountain queue. Gonna head back to the hotel after this, chill out and get an earlier night. Will probably stop past chequers burgers for dinner. Epcot tomorrow morning :) If anyone's got any questions they want answering I'll do my best

Did you make 7dmt? I'm 6' 4" and heard that leg room isn't overly generous!

Got my birthday button on the way in, as I'm technically now 34 by uk time, but I've had a good day ringing it in, even if it has been really tiring Oh and I managed to get my highest ever score on buzz, I got about 700k :)

Hey, weirdly I was 34 on August 27th. Happy belated birthday! What's the secret to getting such a good score on buzz?

One of the targets right at the bottom of one of the scenes (can't remember which one unfortunately) gives you like 100,000 points. If I remember correctly though you can't hit it when you're going past it because the gun doesn't shoot straight down, you need to do it at an angle when you're approaching it

And I didn't make 7dmt, i was way too tired that night to stay up that long. Will get on it at some point though.

Stayed at HS til close tonight and saw the frozen fireworks, gotta agree with the majority, they're really good, and it's nice to see fireworks at HS, don't think I've ever seen any there before
The park got insanely busy in the evening though, not sure if it was locals or tourists, but after about 6.30 it was packed. Single rider at RnRC took ages because a load of groups of at least 5/6 people all decided to get that queue :( but ToT made up for it, had a fastpass and pretty much walked straight on

You are certainly going to find it tight!

Have you been on it? If I get the back seat on rock n roller coaster that's a really tight squeeze too. But that goes so fast I don't really notice. I won't be letting my knees stop me trying it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter