Another TR :) my solo trip: parks, friends, and lots of Give Kids The World

karentan

<font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g
Hi everyone
Think the TRs have been like buses recently, none for ages then all of a sudden loads come along! I fly out tomorrow so starting this today. Still haven't packed though! This is my second solo trip, I did a week last year, but going for two weeks this year. A bit of back story, its been a horrible year for me, I got divorced earlier this year after 8 years of marriage, and I recently lost my best friend. This trip was a bit of a last minute thing, I only booked it two or three weeks ago, but I just felt like I needed a break and a holiday after all thats happened. And WDW is the only place I would feel comfortable going to on my own. So here we are :)

So the plan for the next two weeks are:
Flying tomorrow morning from Gatwick on the Monarch flight, hoping for a delay free flight, and coming home on the 11th September. Staying offsite this time as I couldn't afford onsite.
Hitting all four Disney parks, as well as the water parks this time, as I haven't been to any of the water parks since 2009.
Got Universal tickets, so going to see the new HP bits, and seeing what's changed since I last went to Universal in 2012.
Meeting a few friends over there, know some people who now live in Orlando, and some other friends are down on holiday so looking forward to catching up with them.
I'm signed up for three shifts at Give Kids the World, I'm really looking forward to these. I did one shift there last year and going back for more this year, I'm down for helping with the weekly halloween party, helping with the horse riding, and I'm going to be in their weekly Christmas parade (with one of my friends who lives near MK).
I got a free ticket for Boggy Creek airboats when I booked my park tickets, so looking forward to doing that for the first time.
And its my birthday on saturday, so will be celebrating Disney style!

Well those are my plans so far, and hope to fit in loads more :)
Now, really should get around to packing....

Hope you have an amazing trip, looking forward to reading along. I volunteered at GKTW in April as well when I was on holiday and I loved it.

Have a great time :-) id love to do disney solo :-)

Will look forward to reading

Happy birthday :-)

I remember your solo trip last year Karen and I was very envious.

Have a great visit this time, sounds like you deserve it. Let it recuperate and refresh your spirit.

Pam

Have a great time Karen, I plan on going to WDW solo next year for two weeks and it will be so much fun going where I want when I want :)

Have a wonderful time, sounds like you need a break

Looking forward to travelling with you :)

thanks everyone :)
Clare, go for it, you'll love going solo. Its a bit weird at first but you get used to it really quickly, and I ended up doing so much more last year because I didn't have to wait for or worry what anyone else was up to

if anyone's got any questions, I'll do my best to answer :)

Have a wonderful time Karen and looking forward for further updates :)

By the way well done signing up for 3 stints at GKTW :thumbsup2

Have a fantastic time.
When we've had rubbish times our go to place has always been Orlando too.
Orlando is probably the only place I would go solo, me and dh have always said if something happens to one of us the other still has to go.

I've never heard of Give kids the world, it looks like an amazing charity and something I would definitely be interested in participating in. Thanks

Hope you have a fantastic time Karen and sounds as though it's much needed :thumbsup2

Really look forward to reading all about it :surfweb:

For anyone who wants to see what give kids the world is, their website is www.gktw.org

Bit of pre holiday good news, I got a call back from the interview I went to this morning and I got the job :) it'll help take the pressure off and means I've got money coming in til I finally decide what on earth I want to do with my post-divorce life

Congrats on the job when one door closes another one opens have a great time my solo coming up in 1 week and 3 days Orlando is the only place to be

Sorry you have had it tough lately, sounds like this holiday is well due! My Son went to GKTW on his wish trip and we visit there every year and go to visit the chapel to see his star. It truly is an amazing place and if it weren't for people like you there wouldn't be a GKTW x

Have a wonderful trip. You know it's not really solo as us lot are all tagging along!

Hi from gatwick departures :)
I'd like to say monarch check in was quick and painless but I'd be lying! Got here at 7am, flights leaves at 10, I was about 20 people from the front of the queue and it still took me over an hour to get to the front. For the first 45 mins there was only one person checking people in, someone else finally turned up but they were still taking ages. Took an hour and ten mins in the end.
Security was quick and efficient, as long as you're prepped and have your liquids etc sorted, there's nothing to worry about, it took me all of about four minutes to get through, and thats including being fully screened with the scanner-y thing. Just been to boots for some drinks for the flight, and not sat on the big comfy chairs in departures. I've just checked where I am on the plane, I'm about halfway back, so hoping I don't get stuck in immigration too long the other end. See you on the other side :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter