Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know the answer .. but hopefully you can register family directly associated to your MDE account because there are lots of families, of all sizes, that this situation would apply for (that have multiple children that can't have their MDE account). I assume that "guest" is for just signing up a friend or family member that has SEPARATE accounts (for purposes of planning together), but I don't see how they would limit this to just one reservation per MDE account. (because .. well .. children)

Also . I wonder how a single parent would do Savi's workshop since that is apparently restricted to 1 builder and one guest.
I am confused about that too. I would be traveling alone with my two sons (all Platinum AP's). We are interested in the Savi's but the way I read it, sounds like I would need to purchase 2 lightsaber's at $400 to get in to that...yikes!

I am confused about that too. I would be traveling alone with my two sons (all Platinum AP's). We are interested in the Savi's but the way I read it, sounds like I would need to purchase 2 lightsaber's at $400 to get in to that...yikes!
Unfortunately that's how I understand it as well. They've been very strict about two people allowed in because everyone is interested!

According to a CM it took 16 hours for all their slots to fill completely.
Wouldn’t you need one per kid anyway?

Just a bit of news. WDWToday got back to me on Twitter about registering me and my 2 children (ages 14 and 11). They said as long as we all have the platinum pass I will be able to register everyone for the event.

If this is accurate then this is great news. Thank you for sharing.

Is this an official Disney response? Can you post a link (source) or maybe a screenshot of this?

Okay. In my experience, the incessant fighting between two kids by only having one lightsaber would mean I wouldn’t do it at all or I’d get two. LOL
For my family, my daughter is 2 .. but the "1 builder + 1 guest" rule would me that my wife and daughter won't be able to experience the experience. :( .. which is (to me) where a lot of the value of that $200 comes from. Maybe we will just stick with the droids and buy another one of the $25 build-a-lightsaber at Tatooine Traders.

If this is accurate then this is great news. Thank you for sharing.

Is this an official Disney response? Can you post a link (source) or maybe a screenshot of this?
Honestly, even if it’s an official Disney response (I have no idea who runs WDWToday) and having it in writing won’t change a thing if the system does end up being set up to be only 1 guest period. The official site and official CM have published inaccurate info in the past, and doing so will again.

I mean, I personally believe the CM is giving the info as it will happen. Just pointing out that no matter what, the only official result will be what happens during the sign up. Until then, it will remain an unknown

Okay. In my experience, the incessant fighting between two kids by only having one lightsaber would mean I wouldn’t do it at all or I’d get two. LOL
Then in your case, both of your kids would want one. Makes it easy to decide for you.
There are families who have 1 kid who could care less and wouldn’t fight over it as they wouldn’t have any interest in one.

For my family, my daughter is 2 .. but the "1 builder + 1 guest" rule would me that my wife and daughter won't be able to experience the experience. :( .. which is (to me) where a lot of the value of that $200 comes from. Maybe we will just stick with the droids and buy another one of the $25 build-a-lightsaber at Tatooine Traders.
You get why though. Makes sense for your little family, but many people travel with large groups, and these spaces are small and therefore at a premium. Had to limit things. It actually surprised me a bit that they are allowing two people in but for an adult to accompany a minor they had to.

Is anyone else so seriously frustrated they just do not release the sign up already. What is the hold up? I really dont have time to get stalking all day long

My trip starts 8/22!!!!!! Thinking of coming early if I can get in on the last day.

Anyone have an idea of what they might be doing in that week before the official opening?

My trip starts 8/22!!!!!! Thinking of coming early if I can get in on the last day.

Anyone have an idea of what they might be doing in that week before the official opening?
Media events, final prep, there’s reportedly a private event one night

Is anyone else so seriously frustrated they just do not release the sign up already. What is the hold up? I really dont have time to get stalking all day long
No because I believe if they had things firm and ready they’d release it. Yeah, they’ve given us the dates but that can change still. I think they are fairly confident to give them but until they are 100% certain, they aren’t releasing the sign ups. I’d rather not have a sign up and then have it change due to some currently unseen issue coming up

I mean, I’m very anxious to get it set and know we can make the few dates we have available to go within the preview but I’m just having faith that they’ll let us sign up as soon as they can

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter