ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Luckily, I only have single day ticket so about 110 a person and two people ($220 total). I am willing to chalk it up as a loss or try to get a refund later if there isn't an automated option to upgrade them that day.

I am not willing to miss out on an annual pass lol but i understand for families who have 7 day tickets, it may feel different.

Do you have to call to get them? That might be risky as they might be sold out before someone answers your call.

They said we will be able to buy online on the 13th…so unless there is an issue, it sounds like a call wont be needed…but until it goes live?.. lol

ok so if we do the website logged in what time can you do them online?

also if we have to buy via phone who do we call MS DVC or ticket sales?

I did chat with DVC MS and called MS just now they said to buy through ticketing. they don't do ticket sales. So I called ticketing. They said for DVC members they don't sell the soceror pass to call DVC MS.

So what is it? and if online what time? ticketing said "drops" are usually 10 AM. What are drops? am I too old. My kids mentions drops when stupid stuff you tubers sell go on sale. So do tickets for events for Disney usually "drop" at 10 AM.

Luckily, I only have single day ticket so about 110 a person and two people ($220 total). I am willing to chalk it up as a loss or try to get a refund later if there isn't an automated option to upgrade them that day.

I am not willing to miss out on an annual pass lol but i understand for families who have 7 day tickets, it may feel different.

If that happens, that value will be there when you go to renew the pass the following year…that is what is what is did.

I have a 6 day park hopper for August 23 - and trips planned in Dec 2023 (4 days) and May 2024 (6 days), and Aug 2024 (6 days) .

This will be my first AP - Can I buy the AP on April 13th and then not " activate it " until my December trip? Use my existing tickets for August this year and start my AP Year in December? Or would going to the park in August 23 automatically start my AP?

If that happens, that value will be there when you go to renew the pass the following year…that is what is what is did.
Thank you for mentioning that! I had not even thought about being able to apply them to a future AP renewal.

Okay, well now you just made up my mind. I am probably not going to try the phone at all - haha. Thank you for that :)

Okay, well now you just made up my mind. I am probably not going to try the phone at all - haha. Thank you for that :)

That is what my DD plans to do on Thursday.…try to upgrade her expired 2 day park hopper..
but worst case, will just buy and worry About the other later!

If you have old non-expired days still left on your account, can you use those days as credit toward the AP?

I am a new DVC owner. DH and I bought direct in April 2022 and we live in the midwest. We are heavily considering purchasing APs...we have never been AP holders before, so this is all new (and exciting) territory for us. We have a trip booked on DVC points November 1-7 for the runDisney 5k and (thank goodness for my procrastination!) I haven't purchased tickets yet. Here are my questions:

1. What, exactly, do you receive when you purchase either Sorcerer or Incredi passes? Meaning, does a piece of paper come to us in the mail, or is something sent via email to us? In other words, what do we bring with us in November to prove that we purchased APs on April 13?

2. Once I purchase APs for DH and myself on April 13, I know they won't activate until we arrive and go in the parks on November 1. Do we need to go to guest services outside the parks to activate our APs or is the activating done simultaneously when tapping in to the parks?

3. If I have APs that won't be activated until November when we go, how do we make park reservations and ADRs beforehand? Will MDE somehow "know" that we have purchased APs and that they will be "active" on November 1st? We are going to WDW with another couple, as we are all running the runDisney 5k together. The other couple is staying at Pop and they have already purchased tickets as part of a package, while we are staying on our DVC points. Our friends have already made park reservations and I want to make sure I have park reservations that match theirs. We plan to book our ADRs together at our 60 day window. I just want to make sure that when purchasing APs, we can make park reservations and ADRs in advance.

Any advice would be awesome!

Question. When you did that, did that change the membership number for those contracts? My family is in a similar situation. We have adult children that have moved out. We have lots of contracts so we have the ability to add them. But I don't know if that's going to screw up the membership. Right now we have three memberships in 2 use years. Two of those memberships are DVC-Y. And there are 10 contracts between them.
If you add owners to an existing contract, it will trigger a membership change. Owners must be the same for all the contracts within a single membership. Different owners as well as different use years means separate memberships.

I am a new DVC owner. DH and I bought direct in April 2022 and we live in the midwest. We are heavily considering purchasing APs...we have never been AP holders before, so this is all new (and exciting) territory for us. We have a trip booked on DVC points November 1-7 for the runDisney 5k and (thank goodness for my procrastination!) I haven't purchased tickets yet. Here are my questions:

1. What, exactly, do you receive when you purchase either Sorcerer or Incredi passes? Meaning, does a piece of paper come to us in the mail, or is something sent via email to us? In other words, what do we bring with us in November to prove that we purchased APs on April 13?
You won't receive anything physical, but the APs will show in your MDE account, linked to the profile of each person one was purchased for.
2. Once I purchase APs for DH and myself on April 13, I know they won't activate until we arrive and go in the parks on November 1. Do we need to go to guest services outside the parks to activate our APs or is the activating done simultaneously when tapping in to the parks?
In the past, we had to go to GR and show our DVC Member cards and photo ID to activate a new or renewal AP. Recently, renewals had to be purchased online by calling MS, which then connected you to Ticketing and confirmed you were eligible for the AP, and Ticketing then completed the purchase. The renewed AP automatically activated on the appropriate date (expiration date of the previous AP). With online purchases of DVC Sorcerer APs being allowed next week, you may or may not need to activate at GR. I expect not, because you'll have to sign in with your eligible DVC Membership to purchase the DVC Sorcerer, but I could be wrong.
3. If I have APs that won't be activated until November when we go, how do we make park reservations and ADRs beforehand? Will MDE somehow "know" that we have purchased APs and that they will be "active" on November 1st? We are going to WDW with another couple, as we are all running the runDisney 5k together. The other couple is staying at Pop and they have already purchased tickets as part of a package, while we are staying on our DVC points. Our friends have already made park reservations and I want to make sure I have park reservations that match theirs. We plan to book our ADRs together at our 60 day window. I just want to make sure that when purchasing APs, we can make park reservations and ADRs in advance.
MDE will know that you have an AP certificate sitting in your account and will allow you to make park reservations based on that. ADRs aren't connected to park tickets, so it won't make any difference whether you have APs or any other ticket in your MDE profile when your 60 day ADR window opens.
Any advice would be awesome!
Good luck, and have a great trip!

Question. When you did that, did that change the membership number for those contracts? My family is in a similar situation. We have adult children that have moved out. We have lots of contracts so we have the ability to add them. But I don't know if that's going to screw up the membership. Right now we have three memberships in 2 use years. Two of those memberships are DVC-Y. And there are 10 contracts between them.

We added them to the contract in our Aug UY first…it did not change the membership number and didn’t impact any reservations. If we had had more than one contract, all would have had to be changed in order to keep it the same.

We then bought RIV direct with all of them which is what made them eligible for membership extras.

We have our Dec and June UYs which have contracts owned by just DH and I…and future purchases will be in either one of those UYs.

So, if you want them to be part of a membership that is eligible for the extras, then you need to change all contracts in that membership to keep it the same.

@CarolynFH Thank you so much; you gave GREAT info! I have a couple other questions, and I think they are similar to questions @jimim had. When I go to purchase APs on April 13, do I go online, or do I have to call? If I have to call, do I call DVC MS, or do I call the regular ticketing phone number? Also, what time do APs "drop" on April 13?

Thank you so much!!

@CarolynFH Thank you so much; you gave GREAT info! I have a couple other questions, and I think they are similar to questions @jimim had. When I go to purchase APs on April 13, do I go online, or do I have to call? If I have to call, do I call DVC MS, or do I call the regular ticketing phone number? Also, what time do APs "drop" on April 13?

Thank you so much!!

They are only selling the Sorcerer pass on April 13th to qualified owners…it can be done online per the info out out today…if you want the Incredi pass, then sales open on April 20th for everyone…no early access for DVC owners for that one.

Thank you so much!!
The email from DVC said that "Eligible Members may purchase the DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass online starting April 13," so you should be able to buy online. What time they'll start, I don't know, hopefully more information will be forthcoming.

Not sure if anybody replied to you but what you can do is buy a park hopper ticket now, get your reservations and go to the parks during this week and then extend the tickets to the 13th even though you don't plan on going that day and then upgrade over the phone or what have you, you'll get to use the pass prior to it being started and then upgrade to the pass once it's out. You'll be reimbursed your money in the form of the pass I'm pretty sure even though you're not using that last day.
Unless it has changed, a used ticket can only be upgraded while onsite. It can’t be done via phone.

So, someone has to be there on the 13th to upgrade a pass that was used prior to that date…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter